☂ - -Rose

Suguk Homestay

 

 - - Orange

Kyungsoo rub her hands together in hopes of getting a little warmer as she waits outside the hospital, wearing her bright red coat who she thought will bring warmness because she thought she won’t be waiting for long but Jongin has to be ing late. Of all time, really. September got a little cold earlier than she expected.

Kyungsoo sighed, finally losing patience and starts to walk to the bus stop, only to hear Jongin’s voice calling out her name. She walks faster, hoping that Jongin will give up. She’s so pissed, she should’ve agreed to take the fill for his classmate's absence instead of waiting outside. Yes, she can wait inside the hospital but she remembered that it took half an hour before Jongin found her. He’s awfully bad at directions.

“Noona!” Jongin calls and places a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder when he finally caught her up. She finally stopped walking and turns to face him with her hands across her chest, “Look, I’m sorry; there’s a traffic jam on the way here.”

“There is always, Jongin.” Kyungsoo seethes out making Jongin cringe at her tone, “this is the last time I’ll let you come home with me.”

Jongin pouted at this, “That’s unfair! This is only the second time that I’ve been late!” he defends.

“I waited outside, it’s cold and I don’t want you to get lost in the hospital.”

Jongin sighed, “I’m sorry. Come on, we’ll take the taxi,” he walks ahead, hands in his coat pocket. He sees at the side of his eyes Kyungsoo breathing hot air into her hands, he sighed guiltily and takes both of her hands, slipping his gloves onto hers and shoving one of her hand into his pocket.

“Kim Jongin, what are you doing?” Kyungsoo asks; blush warm on her cheeks as she looks up at Jongin.

“You’re cold.” Jongin answers simply with a smile.

“People are looking!”

“Let them be jealous.”

Kyungsoo huffs and looks ahead. She’s still not used being touchy with guys, especially Jongin, who has this effect on her – other girls feel it too truthfully – and it feels right and wrong, or embarrassing. She doesn’t know how to put it. But on Baekhyun, it’s different; they’ve known each other since forever so he’s an exception.

They get into the taxi and the driver gives them a nice smile when he saw their hands in Jongin’s pocket.

Kyungsoo finally pulls out her hand and darts her gaze outside the window, watching the buildings blur and the lights mix with the others. She sighed in relief when the beating of her heart subsides and slowly, she slides down her seat, feeling sleepiness cloud over her head.

Jongin looks over at Kyungsoo, “Hey,”

“What?”

“You can lean on my shoulder; you’ll get red marks on your face if you sleep there.”

“I’m ok.”

“Yeah sure,” Jongin snorts, rolling his eyes.

Kyungsoo, being stubborn as always, leans her head on the door even it’s extremely uncomfortable and she closes her eyes, letting sleep pour onto her.

 

 

 - -Yellow

Kyungsoo woke up lying on her own bed. She gasped when she looks at herself, still wearing her uniform but her ponytail and coat are removed.

Kyungsoo groaned in embarrassment. She stands up to change to something much more comfortable, she opts for the track pants and her large navy shirt strewn on the chair. Thoughts came running into her head like a huge wave of tsunami flooding up her brain. What if Jongin discovers how heavy she is? What if she smelt like sweat? But it’s impossible, considering that the facilities in the hospital are air conditioned.

“ing embarrassing,” Kyungsoo mumbles to herself as she falls back down ungraciously on her bed. She pulls the nearest pillow and smothers herself with it, hoping that her heart will decrease a few beats to normal.

“Kyungsoo…?” Baekhyun’s head pops from the small opening of her door, his voice hushed down if ever Kyungsoo is already asleep.

Kyungsoo removes the pillow from her face and sits up with a frown on her face, “Baek?”

Baekhyun smiled and lets himself in, he closes the door quietly so no one will notice his presence, “Want to drink?” he asks with a tentative smile, raising the white plastic from his back that probably contains soju.

“Baek, it’s dead in the night.” Kyungsoo says but she gets up and slides down the floor where her pororo printed rug lays, patting the space next to her, “What’s up?”

“Soju is good in a cold night,” Baekhyun grins and sits next to his friend and pulls out two bottles of soju and two cups of Styrofoam cup, one for each. He fills the cups with the drink and offers a smile, “Thanks best friend.” He mumbles with a grateful smile and downs the cup in one go, also does Kyungsoo, his face contorting when the soju makes a hot line down his throat. He fills the two cups and finally sighs, looking up the glow-in-the-dark stars stuck on the ceiling of Kyungsoo’s bedroom, some are now dimly lighting.

“What’s up, really?” Kyungsoo asks again, looking at her friend with a thoughtful look.

“I just want to talk. Chanyeol is out with Kris today so…”

Kyungsoo giggles and takes another shot of the drink, she hissed at the taste, “Ah, so that’s it.”

“No, you’re getting it wrong—“

“Shut up. I know you Byun, don’t pull two s on me.”

Baekhyun sighed and fills Kyungsoo’s cup, “Okay, yeah sure, so maybe that’s it.”

Kyungsoo laughed and leans her back against the bed, “Still the issue?”

“Yeah,” Baekhyun answers forlornly and stretches his legs out as he leans on the bed.

“Height doesn’t matter, Baek. You know that.”

“She’s taller than me. You know how some girls like guys who tuck their heads under their chin as they hug romantically under the rain, moonlight and so and so? It won’t work.”

Kyungsoo punches the latter’s shoulder with great force, causing him to wince and topple slightly at his side, “Stop doing that, woman!” he protests with a pout, “You know it won’t work. Look at Kris! He’s the perfect height!”

Kyungsoo snorts, “Oh please do humor me, Byun. The whole household, except my parents of course, knows Kris is into that lesbo but she isn’t, she’s straight, who goes by the name Amber. She’s a future pharmacist and our Wufan here is using his title as a doctor to pass by the hospital’s pharmacy.”

“How’d you know—“

“Oh how funny! I work at the same hospital!” Kyungsoo exclaims sarcastically, “Really, Baek. I don’t know if I should pity you or pity you.”

Baekhyun sighed, “Okay, I give up. How about you though? Jongin?”

Kyungsoo groaned and takes a shot, “You’re not drinking.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun looks at his cup and drinks, Kyungsoo fills his cup up again and the latter does the same, “But really, you two have been coming home together lately.”

“I have my theory,” Kyungsoo starts and take a shot first, who Baekhyun refilled right after, before she squints her eyes and moves her hand animatedly as she continues, “Jongin is traumatized, he doesn’t want to go alone cause he was mugged weeks ago so he’ll use me as human shield.”

Baekhyun laughed and looks at his friend amusedly, “What? That’s one hell of a theory. You think Jongin will do that?”

“Why not?” Kyungsoo shots her friend a questioning look, “We may not know that he secretly hates me.”

“Humor me this time, Do.”

They both laughed and stares thoughtfully at the ceiling, both staring at the glow-in-the-dark stars.

“Why of all people, really, I have to like Chanyeol,” Baekhyun sighed.

“Same goes for me. How will he like me when my pimples are showing up?”

Baekhyun laughed, “Senior year is hard, huh?”

“Very.”

--

a/n: 

this a/n is dedicated to Ladies' Code.
i know the whole kpop fandom is still mourning over the loss of kpop's two angels, EunB and RiSe.
Let's pray for them, for the members and for the family who they have left. RiSe fought for her life
and i'm so so proud of her.