☂ - -New family member

Suguk Homestay

“So you thought I wouldn’t know,” Jongdae begins with a smirk on her face when she saddled up next to Kyungsoo on the couch, curled up as she munches on her third box of pepero.

“What?”

“Your feels for our boy Jongin?”

Kyungsoo chokes on the stick in and immediately sips on the milk bottle with badtz maru’s face on the top, “What?”

Jongdae laughed, “Don’t worry, I don’t spill. But hey, didn’t you try to confess? You’re so close, I even saw him go to your room last night.”

“It’s complicated.”

“How so?”

“I’ll get rejected.”

“Why won’t you try though?” Jongdae prods, tilting her said to the side with a small frown.

“Hypocrite,” Kyungsoo counters, “Try it on Joonmyun first maybe I’ll do confess after you did.”

Jongdae scoffs, “It’s just a crush. It’ll go away.”

“Oh please,” the latter rolls her eyes, “The way you react when he broke up with her girlfriend was preciously sadistic, the way your eyes looks so ing happy.”

“It’s normal. He’s my crush after all,” Jongdae shrugged nonchalantly, sitting back on the sofa as she snatch a few sticks of pepero from the box.

“Just… don’t tell anyone. I’ve had it enough with Baekhyun, ok?”

Jongdae smiles, “No problem. I actually heard it from him.” she whispers with a wink.

“What—“

“Kids! We have a new tenant! He’s also a nursing student—“ Mrs. Do announced with a wide smile but got cut off by the two girls.

“A he?

“Yes, he’s a transferee from Shanghai. He’ll be studying in the same school as Kyungsoo,”

“Oh finally, there’s someone who can truly understand my woes.” Kyungsoo sighs in relief, somewhat excited to meet the new ones to add in their family.

Before the sun sets, the said new tenant, his hair dyed in a light shade of brown, comes in with a smile, carrying a suitcase and a small bag pack. He greets the two girls, who haven’t moved from their position, with a charming smile and Jongdae thought she changed her mind about Joonmyun.

“Oh, Lu Han is your name right?” Mrs. Do asks in surprise. The man, Luhan, nods and greets her with a deep bow, “Such a nice man. Come on, I’ll show you your room. Are you hungry though?”

Luhan shakes his head, “No, I just ate before I came here.” He answers with a slight accent but he can really pass off with the way he speaks.

The boys finally came home from the arcade a little over seven and due to Mr. and Mrs. Do’s insistence, their dinner came a little early for their liking, a simple welcome gathering for their new addition in the family.

Luhan took the seat next to Kyungsoo who he found an immediate interest because of their same course. Mr. Do has this knowing smile on his face and his wife can only shake her head in amusement.

When everyone is finally gathered in the table – the boys took too long to prepare much to Mr. Do’s chagrin – Luhan introduced himself with a charming smile he wore earlier. Baekhyun nudges Jongin’s side and mumbles a, ‘your best friend might get stolen away, uh-oh.’ He gets a sharp jab at the side successfully shutting him up.

Mrs. Do served some western dishes for dinner, and there are a lot of them which made everyone a little bit too happy.

“Omoni, your cooking skill is amazing,” Luhan compliments after he took his first bite.

Mrs. Do giggles, “Thank you, son.”

The dishes on the table are finished in record time, everyone excuses themselves out but they helped cleaning the table first. Luhan volunteers to wash the dishes and Kyungsoo insists to help. Laughter, soft chatters, the rush of water and some clinks of utensils can be heard in the kitchen, which made the whole house a little livelier tonight.

 

___________

a/n:

ah well, everything is getting busy now -_-; i decided not to follow 
my assigned days of updates because i can't go on the internet
when i'm busy doing my projects and assignments so yeah.

hope you guys enjoy it! comments are super appreciated!