☂ - -Pink Umbrella

Suguk Homestay

Jongin and Yuri were paired up in the dance class, both not knowing much about each other except their names and what dance they focus on. They had a short formal talk before but that was it since Yuri isn’t really fond of boys. Now that they’re paired for their last recital, they finally got to know each other.

It’s a Sunday and there are no classes but the university is open for the students to practice or to turn in some requirements. The day ran fast, the sun disappearing behind the thick clouds covering the sky.

The two ran on their choreography; change some parts, add a little move here and a little more polishing. It was tiring and regardless of the cold weather, Jongin and Yuri are sweating profusely, the wide studio warmed up without the heater.

“I thought Taemin and you would pair up. I mean, you two are dynamic when the two of you are together.” Yuri said after finishing a bottle of cold water.

Jongin shrugged, “We dance the same genres. We’re always together and we got very good praise when we’re teamed up but I think change is good. I can dance some different moves.”

Yuri agreed to the latter and it’s silent again. A moment later, they hear the soft pitter-pattering of the rain against the glass window, slowly getting hard as minutes pass by.

“Well, I got to go.” Yuri picks up her gym bag and waves goodbye to Jongin, “See you.”

“Yeah, take care.” Jongin nods and returns the gesture.

The dancer stays at the studio for a little more while hoping that the gods would lighten the rain a little. But no such thing happened, it only got worse. He regrets that he didn’t immediately take Mrs. Do’s umbrella from the table when she reminded him to bring one.

“Jongin-ah, the weather report said that there’s a chance of rain. Come home before it gets bad, ok?” Mrs. Do said before saying goodbye.

Now, he’s stuck inside. But there’s one life line and he could only hope for a miracle.

Jongin picks his phone up from the floor and dials Kyungsoo’s number. He’s sure she is still in the hospital and thankfully they aren’t far from each other.

“Hey?” Kyungsoo answers, thank goodness.

“Uhm hey uh, it’s raining hard. Are you heading home now?”

The nurse hums from the other line, “Yes. I just got off. How about you?”

“I’m stuck.”

“What?”

“I kind of forgot omoni’s umbrella?”

Jongin hears a sigh from the other line, “So you expect us to fit in my umbrella?” Kyungsoo asks, her voice bordering on being annoyed.

“No, no! Can you please buy me one? I’m still at the university.”

Another sigh, “Alright. Pay it ASAP.”

“I will. Make it black plea—“

“No! I’m going to choose whatever I like!”

“What—“

And the line went out before Jongin could even protest. He could only wish that it’s nothing floral.

 

They agreed that Jongin will wait for Kyungsoo at the lobby. Half an hour later, Kyungsoo finally arrived and drops the umbrella on Jongin’s lap. He pulls the plastic off of the umbrella and spreads it open, only to see Disney Princesses faces on the top side. In pink. Well, at least it’s nothing floral.

“Thank you.” Jongin says with a forced smile.

Kyungsoo looks beyond amused and gives him a wide smile, “You’re always welcome. Now we have to catch the bus, we still have twenty minutes so I’m forcing you to buy me ddeuk-bokki.”

“Fine, fine.” The dancer surrenders and they head out of the university.

They walked their way to the nearest stall Jongin likes to go to but it’s not at its place today so they just decided to wait for the bus. Jongin skips over small puddles like he used to do back in their province. Not a moment later Kyungsoo starts doing the same.

The two laughs as they continue skipping puddle over puddle. Kyungsoo’s turn comes; she skipped over a big puddle but landed on her wrong foot causing her to drop. Jongin hurries to her side worriedly.

“Are you ok?” he asks, helping the latter up on her feet.

Kyungsoo’s face cringed in pain when she tries standing up, “I think I bent my foot.”

Jongin folds his umbrella in a speed of light and crouches down in front of Kyungsoo, “Get on my back.”

The latter complied knowing she have no other choice. Kyungsoo holds onto Jongin for dear life as she holds on the umbrella in the other hand to keep them from getting drenched. The dancer carefully stands on his feet, making sure they don’t slip.

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo mumbles softly.

“For what?”

“For being careless.”

“It was an accident, ok? Don’t say that.”

“But still—“

“Ssh. We’ll take the taxi. We have to treat you.”

“But it costs—“

“Noona.”

Kyungsoo sighed and drops her head on his shoulder, surrendering. “Let me pay you at least?”

“Won’t you give up?”

“I just want to thank you!” the nurse protests with a pout.

“Just say thank you then. It’s much better.”

“Fine. Thank you, Jongin.”

The said man smiles, “You’re welcome.”

Jongin stands by the curb and halts a taxi. He opens the door as soon as the vehicle halted in front of them and sits Kyungsoo in; making sure her sprained ankle is not moved. He slides in when the nurse is comfortably seated and tells the driver to speed a little.

“The sprain won’t take long to heal.” Kyungsoo says as if sensing Jongin’s worry. She turns to the latter and gives him a smile, “I’ll be ok. It doesn’t hurt much.”

Jongin nods, “Alright. We’ll make Joonmyun hyung treat you.”

The nurse nodded her head and turns her gaze outside the drenched city. If she were to count the best memories she and Jongin had under the thick rain clouds, it will be countless. They both enjoy the rain more than the summer. It’s like everything melts down when the droplets of rain starts to pelt on everything, and when the sun comes again, everything will restart.

Kyungsoo only hates the rain when her favorite shoes get drenched, her uniform gets mud stains or when she forgot to bring her umbrella, but the last one isn’t a problem, she can call Jongin and he’ll be there whatever circumstance there is, no matter how far she is and what time it is.

 

 

__________

a/n:

im sorry it took me long to update this! i said that  i'll post  a  longer  chap
but school disabled me to do so. eheh i updated because our prelim exam
coming up and im afraid that i wont update this for another  week  or two
so yeah ;; anyway i swear the next chap will be 1k  longer  and  its  already
done! ill just post it  after  three or four days? just as soon as i have a time
to get on my pc and edit .

comments are always appreciated! thanks lovelies ~ <3