☂ - -Madly (ii - ii)

Suguk Homestay

The taxi stopped in front of the homestay’s gate. Jongdae pays the fare and gets out. She thought of her friends and Mr. and Mrs. Do, what if they got worried? She suddenly felt sorry for leaving early. She’ll apologize to them tomorrow morning.

Jongdae closed the gate behind her and when she turned around, she almost dropped her clutch bag on the ground.

“W-what are you doing here? You’re supposed to be with your family right?” Jongdae asked in disbelief.

Joonmyun stopped kicking the stones on the ground and looks up when he heard Jongdae’s voice, “Oh, you’re back. Yeah. But...I was worried. You suddenly left the party. It’s not even over.”

The latter looks on the ground and twists her feet, a habit she developed as she thinks of an excuse, “I have errands to take care of. I’m sorry if I left early, Joonmyun.”

“And I’m not even done with what I’m supposed to say.”

Jongdae’s ears perked up when she remembers it. She raises her head and looks at Joonmyun, “Oh, yeah right. What was it again?”

“Ok, I’m going straight to the point;” the doctor paused and heaves a breath before continuing, “I like you--no, I…I’m in love with you, Kim Jongdae. You don’t know how much my hands are shaking right now. Even before you came.” Joonmyun raised his hands to show Jongdae that they are indeed shaking, “See? That’s how much I love you. You make me so nervous.”

“You…love me?” Jongdae asks in disbelief.

“Yes, Jongdae, so much.” Joonmyun confirms looking straight in the latter’s eyes, unwavering.

“You do?” she asks again.

“I do.”

“Are you sure?”

“Two hundred percent sure.”

A few beats later, Jongdae walks over to Joonmyun and punched him on the chest, “What took you so long? Do you know how much you’re making me crazy? Are you sure because if I’m just like any other girls you’ve dated then I’ll ing cut a because I love you too so—“

Joonmyun cuts her off with a peck on the lips. Jongdae was left in a daze.

“I promise to not be an . I promise to notice every changes you make with your hair, I promise to not forget important dates, I promise—“ Joonmyun was cut off with a peck on the lips too.

“You do that.” Jongdae has a smile on her lips this time and the latter smiled too.

A short moment of silence passed and suddenly, Jongdae covers her face and sobbed. Joonmyun panicked and he pulls the latter in a hug.

“What happened? Are you ok? Oh my god I’m sorry.” The doctor said in panic. They both settled down on the bench as Jongdae continues to cry, “What happened?”

“I’m just so happy and so confused right now. Are you even real?” Jongdae looks up to look at Joonmyun’s face, “Please tell me you’re real.”

Joonmyun holds back the smile that is threatening to appear on his face. He holds Jongdae’s cheeks and wipes off the tears with his thumb, “I am very much real.”

“Oh my god.” Jongdae continues crying and the doctor puts her head on her chest.

“It’s ok, it’s ok.  Just think that everything is normal except that I’m actually in love with you.” Joonmyun says as he runs his hand on Jongdae’s hair.

“You know, Minho said that if you don’t like me we’re going to get married.” Jongdae says, not lifting her head up.

“Well, tell him I’m sorry but that will never happen.”

They finally decided to go inside the house with Jongdae still clinging around Joonmyun’s waist. Mr. and Mrs. Kim are asleep, leaving Baekhyun and Jongin in the living room. The two threw them a look. Joonmyun only shrugged and heads to Jongdae’s room.

“You should go to sleep.” Joonmyun says as they seat on Jongdae’s bed.

“Are you going to sleep here? I mean, in your room?” Jongdae asks.

“Yeah. My parents let me off when the party ended.”

“Ok, you should get a rest too.”

Joonmyun smiled and gives his girlfriend a kiss on the forehead, “Good night.”

“Good night to you too.” Jongdae said, “I’m sorry for uhm…crying too much.”

“I don’t mind.” The doctor smiled fondly, “Goodnight.”

“Yeah, good night to you too.”

Joonmyun finally left the room. When the door closes behind him, Jongdae rolls on her bed with her face covered with her pillow as she screams her heart out.

Is that for real? Holy !

Jongdae hugs her pillow against her chest as she recounts the events of the day. It has been a hell of a rollercoaster and she is glad that it finally came to a stop. She can’t believe that Joonmyun actually loves her too and the thought of it makes her blush down to her neck.

 

 

page-break.png

 

 

Morning comes in between the blinds in Jongdae’s bedroom. She wakes up and sees herself in the dress she was wearing yesterday. She sighed and stares at the white ceiling, recounting every word Joonmyun said and she smiles. Her heart is beating in excitement and her hand flew to her cheeks automatically as if to control the smile on her face.

I have a boyfriend and it’s Joonmyun!! I should tell Minho.

Jongdae reaches for her phone that is supposedly beside her. When she found it, it’s already dead. She sighed and puts her phone back down. She thought of the two other girls then bit her lip as another smile is threatening to spread on her lips. She just can’t wait to tell them.

Jongdae strips off her dress and changes into her usual running pants and t-shirt. Of course she didn’t forget to charge her phone.I should brush my teeth and clean my face first. Jongdae thought and heads out, but before she can turn the door knob, she remembers Joonmyun. What if he’s awake? She thought and slightly opens the door to check. It’s not like he doesn’t want to see him but it’s because she’s not ready yet, she hasn’t prepped herself yet. Thankfully, Joonmyun is not in sight so she hurried her way to the bathroom and did her morning routine. Jongdae got out of the bathroom and makes her way to Chanyeol’s room.

“Chanyeol?” she calls and slips inside the said girl’s room.

Chanyeol is sitting on her bed, tying her up, “Oh, you’re up early. What’s up?”

Jongdae’s smile makes an appearance, almost occupying her face, “You wouldn’t believe what happened last night.”

“Why?”

“Joonmyun and I are…”

“Are what?” Chanyeol asks with her eyebrow raised in a questioning manner.

“Dating.”

Short silence follows and then the two girls are on their feet, jumping ecstatically.

“Are you ing serious?” Chanyeol asks.

“Shush down!” Jongdae giggles, “He came home with you guys last night right?”

“Yeah.”

“He said he was worried and he hasn’t finished what he’s about to say at the party.” The latter says excitedly.

“He planned to confess to you in his parent’s party?” Chanyeol snorts, “Typical Joonmyun.”

“Breakfast’s ready!” they heard Mrs. Kim announce from the living room.

Jongdae froze in her place and Chanyeol smirked. Her friend pulls her out of the room with a surprising force that she found herself standing at the kitchen door as if they teleported. Jongdae scans the dining table and to her relief, and wonder, Joonmyun is not on his seat.

“Where’s Joonmyun?” she asked when she finally settled down on her seat.

“Oh, he left early in the morning because his parents called him in.” Mrs. Do answered and proceeds to put rice in Mr. Do’s bowl.

“Oh. Thanks Mrs. Do.” Jongdae said and the latter smiled. She focused on her food instead as she tries not to think of Joonmyun.

As they eat, they heard the front door open and close. All of them looked out automatically to see the newcomer and they all see Joonmyun standing by the doorway.

“Oh, good morning guys, Mr. and Mrs. Do.” Joonmyun greets with a smile.

Jongdae was sure ready to melt in a puddle as she looks at Joonmyn. Don’t look at me, don’t look at me. She prays, but their eyes met, making Joonmyun smile wider and Jongdae fall harder. Oh my god.

“Have you eaten your breakfast?” Mrs. Do asked, finally breaking their eye contact.

“Yes Mrs. Do, my parents and I ate outside.” Joonmyun responds, “I’ll be in my room.”

Chanyeol looked at her friend, suppressing the laughter that is about to bubble out of . Jongdae threw her a glare and shook her head vigorously, begging her friend not to say a word.

Their breakfast ended and everyone is scattered to do their own stuff, some helped their homestay parents to clean up the dining room and the kitchen and Jongdae flew back to her room to type her feels out on her twitter and blog. A few moments later, a knock on the door came. Jongdae froze midway in typing another tweet and slowly, she looks back and sees Joonmyun peeking in.

Jongdae, in a speed of light and almost tripping on her carpet, slammed the door and locks it.

“No you can’t come in! No, no, no!” Jongdae said as if a child.

She can imagine the surprise in Joonmyun’s face, “Huh? What did I do?”

“You just can’t! I’m—“ Jongdae searched for the right word to say but she can’t even point on what she is feeling, “I still can’t breathe.”

“Huh? I—“

“What’s up?” Jongdae hears Jongin ask behind the door but she didn’t hear Joonmyun answer.

“Jongdae, please, I’m sorry if I did something against you. I was just going to give you the donuts I bought earlier.” Joonmyun half pleads causing Jongdae to sink on her spot behind the door.

Slowly, she opens the door and peeks out. She saw everyone in the living room looking at her door, and then she saw Joonmyun standing with a small box of her favorite donut brand.

Joonmyun looks down at her, “Can I come in now?”

Jongdae nodded like a guilty child and moves away for Joonmyun to enter. The latter closed the door behind him and seats next to his girlfriend.

“I’m sorry.” Jongdae mumbles, “I’m just… I’m not ready? I’m shy? I mean, it feels so unreal I don’t know what to think.”

She saw Joonmyun smile, “It’s ok, I understand.” He answered and pats her on her head, “Here,” Joonmyun handed her the box, “I know you’d like it, cookies and cream donut and the ones with the cashews.”

Jongdae peeks in the box and watered as if she hasn’t eaten yet. She picks the cookies and cream one and took a bite.

“This is so good.” she mumbles and took another bite. She can feel Joonmyun’s eyes on her, so Jongdae looked up and pouts, “This is why I can’t stand you right now. You’re going to melt me with your stares.”

“I’m sorry.” Joonmyun says unapologetically with a smile.

“Eat.” Jongdae points the donut near Joonmyun’s mouth, “Ah~”

Joonmyun took a small bite and asked, “Happy?”

“A hundred percent.” Jongdae grins, “Anyway, why were you out so early? You don’t have to answer if it’s something private.”

The doctor shook his head, “It’s ok, it’s nothing private. My parents called me early in the morning to eat breakfast in Samchungdong. Then we ate then they told me their plan on buying the Mercedes that they saw a few months back and they have decided to give me their old Mercedes! I’ve been asking them to give it to me ever since and now it’s mine!”

Jongdae smiled, “I’m happy for you. Did you bring it with you today?”

“Yep! I was thinking that we should go to Samchungdong today. It’s beautiful there especially if there are no people around.”

“Seems like the kind of your place.”

Joonmyun smiled, “Yeah, and I’m going to show it to you. Get dressed, I’ll wait outside.” He said and ruffles his girlfriend’s hair before heading out of her room.

 

 

page-break.png

 

 

True to what her boyfriend said, Samchungdong is a haven undiscovered. Lots of restaurants that serve food from different countries are there. Their buildings seem to fit the peaceful-romantic aura that the place emits and Jongdae just can’t imagine that it is real. They walk hand in hand as they munch on their churros. They also took numerous selfies in every beautiful spot Jongdae finds. ‘For memories,’ she reasoned.

 Jongdae suddenly remembered her new found friends and she can’t help but to tell Joonmyun her new found love advisors.

“They are all boys?” Joonmyun asked in disbelief, the latter nodded yes, “They are all boys.”

Jongdae nods again, “Yep! The wonderful and handsome guys of Yonsei’s baseball team. Their advice are helpful and they helped me rid of my worries and sadness. I thought first that they’re a bunch of erted, rowdy and unsanitary guys but I was wrong! I’m glad I met them.” She said with a smile, “Oh, I promised to bring them some snacks when I return to thank them.”

“You’re returning there? In their dorm with all boys?” Joonmyun asked, his voice rising very slightly that Jongdae ignored, but a cheeky grin is stretched on her lips.

“You don’t have to worry, Mino is going to me there.” She answered, hugging her boyfriend’s arm, “Don’t be like that, you’re making me happy. I might do it all the time.”

“Do what?” Joonmyun asked clueless making Jongdae roll her eyes.

“They’re just friends. And you don’t want to be there, we’ll be talking about you.”

“Huh? Me?”

Jongdae giggles, “Just this once, ok? I won’t go there anymore, I promise. I don’t break promises so I’m going to fulfill theirs.”

Joonmyun sighed, “Fine. But call me if you need help or anything, promise me that.”

“I will, I promise.” Jongdae said with a pinky finger raised in the air.