☂ - -Aster

Suguk Homestay

“Do Kyungsoo!”

The call makes a shiver run down Kyungsoo’s skin. When her father calls her with her full name, she knows she is in for it. What she didn’t expect is everyone is called too.

Mr. Do sighed deeply and puts on the table two beer cans. Where did he get it, they don’t know. All they know is that they’re all dead meat.

“Please do explain these… these things and why they’re in my house.” Mr. Do says calmly and everyone sat ramrod straight, their gaze on the two cans on the coffee table.

“A b-beer, aboji,” starts Jongin, “We drank the other night.”

A sigh escapes the elder man, “I know all of you are in college, all of you are seniors already, legal age.”

The kids stood up in unison and bowed, “We’re sorry, Mr. Do.”

Another sigh, “How long have you guys been drinking?”

Everyone froze. None wanted to speak.

“Kids.” No one answered.

“Kids!” Mr. Do snaps and everyone jumped from their position.

“Since second year sir!” Baekhyun spills suddenly.

“What?!”

They all bowed together once again. Someone whispered, ‘we’re gonna die.’

“Kyungsoo,”

“She didn’t join us—“ Joonmyun tries to save Kyungsoo but gets cut suddenly.

 “Did I call you, Joonmyun?”

“Sorry sir--aboji.”

“I only joined them when I’m in third year, appa.” Kyungsoo answers softly, feet shuffling in guilt.

Mr. Do stands up, takes the two beer cans and shoots them in the trash bin, “Well, you weren’t too young that time. You’re all dismissed.”

Everyone gaped. They thought it will be a big issue and a long scolding but none came. Kyungsoo frowned at this but didn’t speak.

“Wow.”

“I thought he’ll really—woah.” Baekhyun says and drops down the couch, “I was so nervous.”

Mr. Do returns from the kitchen, “I’m just disappointed you have to keep it from me. I’m not that mad, alright.” He explained, runs a hand over his face and heads for the chair at the corner to read but he’s suddenly caught in a hug by Kyungsoo—Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Jongin and Joonmyun, too.

“Aboji!” they cried in unison.

Mr. Do, caught off guard, stutters, “What the—“

“Abojiiiiiiiiii! We love you!”

“Appa!” Kyungsoo cries.

“It’s over, go back to whatever you’re all doing!” Mr. Do tries, fighting off the smile that is about to come. Who would’ve thought that the kids they raised for four years are already in college? They still act like high schoolers. He doesn’t at all mind, they might be brats but he likes them this way. Mr. Do knows he didn’t go wrong in the way he treats them.

“You can join us sometimes, aboji!” Baekhyun suggests with a grin, “We’ll drink soju together!”

“I’ll buy any food you want!” Joonmyun suggests with a smile.

Mr. Do laughs, “Alright, alright. But I really can’t breathe now.”

They’re about to let go when Mrs. Do came in the house, groceries in hand, “What did I miss?” she asks, groceries settling down the corner, “You’re all having fun without me?” she pouts.

“Omoni!” Jongdae pulls her in their group hug, surprising Mrs. Do and a smile blooms on her face.

 

 

“Kids, honey. I just can’t breathe anymore.” Mr. Do tries, wiggling slightly, “Please.”

 

___________

a/n:

aster - contentment

aw late update~ net connection failed me yesterday so i didnt have
the chance to update this :(

btw, im going heads on with finals, but that doesnt mean i'll falter on
my assigned days of updating this~ i dont want to have a failing
grade... good luck to me T u T

do leave comments/feedbacks! <3