☂ - -Clear

Suguk Homestay

New Year’s celebration has passed over a week ago, now they’re all only waiting for the resumption of classes. It’s a cold day and they’re all curled up in the small camp they made in the living room watching the afternoon drama they’ve been watching ever since it started. Food was never absent—never will be—in every occasion held in their small home and this day was no exception.

“She has to end up with her best friend! Look how sincere he is! He never left her side!” Kyungsoo argues as she points on the said guy on the screen, “He’s so handsome too.”

Jongdae snorts, “Eh, but the female lead is obviously not into the best friend. She likes Dr. Ahn more!” she defends and stuffs more chips in . After realizing what she just said, she gives Kyungsoo a look that the latter couldn’t decipher, so she just shook her head and turns her attention back to the drama.

The love triangle in the drama is just painfully relatable, especially being the friend who knows the story of some people next to her.  Jongdae wants to tell Jongin about Kyungsoo’s feelings already for it’s getting long and boring, not to mention that Kyungsoo’s first love is back in the frame who already admitted his feelings to her friend. There’s a chance for Seunghoon to squish himself back in Kyungsoo’s heart. She could only hope for Jongin to hit his head on a hard surface.

The one-hour drama ended with a painful cliffhanger, it’s the feeling that you want to sleep all day so you can wake up for the next day to watch the continuation…for Jongdae of course. But there are better things to do than to sleep; it’s bug the out of Baekhyun.

She makes a bee-line to Baekhyun’s bedroom and enters without knocking. The latter is lying on his bed while reading a manga that Jongdae could tell is a shoujo. Baekhyun is a loser for shoujo. She couldn’t blame him though. She’s pretty sure Baekhyun bought the latest volume of the manga with a short male lead and well…with a tall female lead.

“You know Baek, if you put that in real life, you can make it happen.” Jongdae comments and plops down on the yellow beanbag at the corner of the bed.

Baekhyun throws the latter a glare, “Don’t disturb me.” he seethes, “ And as if you are any better.” and cues the eye roll.

Jongdae cringes. I admit to myself that I…am a part hypocrite.

“Well yeah…” she admits quietly, “But you’re in a worst case! You notice everyone’s feelings for each other but you keep blocking out Chanyeol’s!” she defends quickly, her voice picking up volume.

Baekhyun seats from up on his bed with a frown, “Are you picking a fight? Jongdae, my problem is—“

“I swear to buy you insoles.” Jongdae interjects sarcastically, “Eh, my argument is getting repetitive. I guess I should go to Chanyeol instead.”

“Please go do that.” the younger sighs in relief, “And just tell me those things when you confessed to Joonmyeon already. I might take you seriously then.”

“I hate you Byun.” Jongdae says when she reached for the door and stuck her tongue out before closing it.

Hypocrite. She sighs to herself and calls Mino.

 

 

“I actually like someone else, Mino.”

It’s a peaceful afternoon. The clouds are blocking the sun and the wind is passing over their skin with a hint of frost. Jongdae doesn’t know why she pulled Mino at the park when they can enter a coffee shop and get themselves a warm drink.

Mino didn’t look at her. She bit her lip and casted her gaze on the ground. Her heart has been beating erratically when she’s preparing to go out. It was a spontaneous decision. Spontaneous decision usually gets Jongdae to actually do something, unlike when she plans and thinks deeply, it just results her to get a negative conclusion.

“I…I decided to try this out because maybe…I was just infatuated with this guy that I like. That maybe it was just a temporary surge of feels. You know?” Jongdae looks at Mino hopefully.

The latter shook his head and chuckled, giving Jongdae a slight relief, “Yeah, I know. We’re just on the same page. It’s funny.”

Like any other of Baekhyun’s shoujo manga, Jongdae has open in surprise.

“Whaa…t?”

Mino laughed softly, “This is real cute. We can still try this out if you want. I mean, I’m honestly interested in you, Jongdae.” He says as he look at the latter with a small smile, “Even you contrast the one I like slightly, you still sparked an interest within me. Perhaps, there are other guys too. You’re fun to be with. I enjoy your company a lot and you’re really pretty.”

Jongdae coughed and averts her gaze away from the smiling Mino, her face burning in embarrassment. This is what she likes about him.

“You’re really nice, Minho. But I think we should just be friends. Let’s try sparking a relationship with the ones we really like!” Jongdae says with a determined glint in her eyes making Mino laugh.

“You’re just really cute~” He coos and pinches the latter’s cheeks.

“Hey! I’m being serious here!”

“I didn’t say you weren’t!” Mino laughs, “But you know,” he starts with a serious tone, “the girl I like…she’s a little fragile. She’s always quiet with her books while I do the opposite. I’m still rough at the edges. I’m afraid I might scratch her wrongly and hurt her. Unlike you, you’re open and I feel comfortable with being just me.”

Jongdae smiles and looks ahead, watching the kids play at the playground, “You might scratch her wrongly but that doesn’t mean you’ll break her. Scratches are marks that remind you of your mistakes so you will not do it again. You know black compliments white and cream compliments oreo. The pairing might seem odd but opposites complement each other usually.” she says softly and chuckles, “I hope you just got what I wanted to say.”

Mino smiles, “I did. It fueled me up actually! Thank you, Jongdae. I’ll forever treasure you. How can I pay you?”

“That’s enough already.” answers Jongdae with a smile, “I’ll treasure you too. Honestly, I wished that you were the one that I fell for instead. I’m comfortable around you too and you’re extremely nice and handsome. But the one I like…his flaws pull me in just every time. It’s painful, really, dealing with him…”

“You know what? I feel embarrassed to my friends in the homestay. I kept pushing them to confess, to be more blatant to the ones they like but me…I kept thinking that he’s not interested in me and keeps acting normal. I’m just like them after all.”

“Stuuupid.” Mino snickers after a long stretch of silence.

“Stupid.”

“Stupid.”

Mino laughs when the latter threw him an almost fatal glare.

“But, I’m not going to deny that I’m stupid. I’m not going to be stupid anymore!”

“Right.” Mino grins, “But you’ll marry me in the end if we both got turned down.”

Jongdae laughs and hits the tall guy on the arm, “Why not?” she answers half-jokingly.

They finally decided to buy a drink—‘for our last date.’ Says Mino and orders two slices of cake—to get warm and chatted all throughout the afternoon before heading home with a determined mind.

 

 

---------------------------

a/n:

hey the grade a++ a-hole author is back lmao you can slap me all you want i am so so sorry. three fcking months with no update wow wow. i didnt abandon this fic because if i did i wouldve told you guys but no i dont want to i want to finish this. it's just that the past months are so empty. i have no inspiration or feels brewer and i was sorta busy with college. then the feels suddenly came back! the feels are triggered when i started watching this kdrama titled 'Doctor Stranger'. Lee Jongsuk is so damn hot and so is Park Haejin. remember this fic started because of Reply 1992 hahahha

this chapter was written on dec 2014 and im dubious of posting this but now after three months it's here! please do share your thoughts : ) the next chap is coming soon! i have written two chaps already! exclamation point exclamation point exclamation point ! ! !