☂ - -Fuse

Suguk Homestay

The headline for the day as soon as Kyungsoo got home is Jongdae is not home and is on a date with Mino. Chanyeol said she saw the guy Mino who Jongdae starts calling Minho since it’s his real name.

“The height difference is so cute!” Chanyeol squeals as they eat grapes that Mrs. Do brought home from shopping. Kyungsoo tries to hold in her giggle when Baekhyun shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

“The boy was really nice.” Mrs. Do adds.

Kyungsoo pouts, “Aw, I missed him.”

The other guys busied themselves playing Xbox, Joonmyun finally joining them. She doesn’t know when Jongin successfully persuaded him but she was sure it was when Chanyeol brought up Mino in their conversation.

“Hey Joonmyun,” calls Kyungsoo.

“Yeah?” Joonmyun prompts, his eyes still glued on the tv.

“Did you see Mino?”

“No.” he answers quickly, “I was sleeping.”

Joonmyun is so ing hard to read.

Kyungsoo sighs loudly.

“Hey kids, I’m going to sleep, clean up after yourselves ok?” Mrs. Do says as she puts away the tray of grapes and the bottle of iced tea they were drinking. They all answered ‘yes’ in unison.

“Let’s go out.” Luhan says with a grin, “Let’s eat at the park nearby.”

 “Isn’t that illegal?” Chanyeol asks, head tilting on the side.

Luhan frowns, “There’s no curfew.” 

Baekhyun raised his hand, “I’m in. I’ll buy the drinks. No alcohol.”

“Friesssssssssssssssss.” Chanyeol volunteers.

“Chicken.” Kyungsoo says.

“Chips.” Jongin.

And it was settled with Joonmyun buying pizza and Luhan with donuts. It isn’t snowing yet, thankfully. They all wore their jackets before heading out.

The night is silent but once they set their feet inside McDonalds they started pointing this and that but in the end they only bought fries. It took them long to buy all the food they said they’ll bring for they keep laughing at each other’s failures happened the past week. Finally, their food is complete and they head to the park near Han River instead, resulting them into taking an impromptu ride.

“I thought we’re going to the nearest park?” Chanyeol asks, “What the are we doing?”

“Change of plans!” Luhan answers excitedly, “For a change. We always stay at the house.”

Everyone nodded in agreement. It’s not deep in the night yet, for sure, there are still plenty of people at the park.

It turns out that Seoul at night is still active like the mornings. There are still people walking, running and biking around the park.

“You know what, guys,” Jongin starts as he stare at the fusion of lights at the bridge, “Seoul still mesmerize me even I’m already here for four years.”

“Seoul is beautiful.” Baekhyun agrees.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol laid the mat they use in picnics on the grass far away from the people. They settled their foods down and sat in a circle.

“It’s so cool out here.” Joonmyun says, his hands stretched over his head, “I can sleep here.”

“But we’re here to have fun!” Jongin interjected, “Let’s play something.”

“Oh! How about we ask questions? The ‘who would you’ game!” Chanyeol suggests and everyone agrees, “Alright, I’ll go first! Joonmyun, who would you not like to be with for the rest of your life?”

Joonmyun pressed his lips in a thin line, thinking. His eyes roamed around his friends and stopped at a particular person he bowed to never be with, “Baekhyun.”

“What!”

“He doesn’t pick up the things he used. I mean, I’m bad enough.” Joonmyun explains and everyone seems to agree with this. It was true after all.

“Joonmyun it’s your turn~” Chanyeol says.

“Oh, right. Jongin, who would you not take on a road trip? It would only be the two of you.”

Jongin thinks for a while, his chin on hands. Suddenly, he points at Baekhyun, “Baek hyung. He’ll be eating all of the food that is supposed to last for days. And he doesn’t know how to drive yet so…”

Everyone laughs.

“What the is your problem with me?!” Baekhyun growled with a frown and cues stuffing his mouth with a chicken leg, “It’s my turn! Kyungsoo, you only have a budget for one person for a Christmas gift, who’d you pick; me or Jongin?”

“Probably not you.” Jongin says making everyone laugh again.

Baekhyun throws him a glare, “Shut up Kkamjong.”

Kyungsoo grins, “Baekhyun, of course.” Jongin dramatically clutches his shirt over his chest making her roll her eyes with a laugh, “It’s only because he bought me Coldplay’s new album to cheer me up for finals.”

Baekhyun smiles at her gratefully, finally recovering from the hatred his friends threw on him.

Chanyeol’s phone ringed suddenly, playing Clazziquai’s Madly. She answers it puts it on loudspeaker.

“Where you losers at? I’m home and none of you are in!” Jongdae whines.

“We’re at the park by Han river.” Chanyeol answers.

“Wait for me!”

“Bring snacks!” Baekhyun adds.

“Got it!” Jongdae says hurriedly and hanged up.

They continued playing, with Baekhyun buried ten feet under with his friends’ statements against him. Jongdae finally arrived twenty minutes later with Mino behind her.

“We come bearing food!” Jongdae exclaims, “Mino’s here.”

Mino smiled and waves his hand, “Hey guys. Nice seeing you again.” He greets.

They settled on the space in between Kyungsoo and Jongin. They put a large box of pizza next to the other foods, in a matter of seconds; the slices of pizza had vanished, only leaving empty packets of hot sauce.

“Come on guys. Let’s continue!” Baekhyun exclaims, “I’ll restart! Joonmyun, if you’re going to date someone within our circle, who would she be? Chanyeol, Kyungsoo or Jongdae?”

Joonmyun looks at the three girls and his eyes stopped at Jondae, they stared at each other for a few seconds but he pointed at Kyungsoo before peeling his eyes off of Jongdae. “Kyungsoo’s neat.” He explains and grabs for a donut, “Sometimes.”

Kyungsoo smiles proudly, “At least I’m still neat.”

Jongdae retreats in the hoodie of her jacket, half her face covered. She doesn’t get Joonmyun. Why is he staring at her and why did he point at Kyungsoo while looking at her? Is he this good? Giving false hope? Or was it unintended? That numb . Her eyes sting slightly and she knows she should stop thinking more or else she’ll cry.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” Mino asks, trying to peek at her face.

“I think my mascara stained my face.” Jongdae lies and pushes the latter’s face away from her.

Mino holds her hand away and tries to tug off the hood off her head, “Let me see.”

“Mino, what the hell, don’t!” she protested, pulling down the hood over her face, “I’ll going to stab your eyes out!”

Mino laughed, “Oh come on. I’ll take you to the CR then. You can’t hide your face all evening.”

Jongdae grunts, “Fine.”

“Stop being lovey dovey.” Kyungsoo scrunches her nose up in mock disgust, “Are you guys sure that you two aren’t in a relationship yet?”

“Yeah, no public display of affection please!” Chanyeol adds with a grin.

“Shut up.” Jongdae says, “Help me up?”

Mino stood up and pulls Jongdae by the hand. The latter mutters a soft ‘thanks.

“We’ll just go to the CR, guys.” Jongdae says before walking away with Mino, her hand still in his unknowingly.

“Look at them,” Baekhyun starts, “They look cute together. I can’t believe Mino can put up with that whiny baby.”

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol nod in agreement, “I hope they’ll end up together.” The taller of the two says.

“It’s your turn Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun reminds.

“Right. Chanyeol, if you’d date someone in the homestay, who would he be?” Kyungsoo asks and throws a brief smirk at Baekhyun, “Baekhyun or Luhan?”

“I uh…no one? They’re filthy as hell.” Chanyeol says but she immediately shook her head, “But to be honest, if you disregard the ‘being filthy as ’ part—“

The two mentioned boys exclaimed ‘hey!’

“It’s true though!” the tall girl exclaims, “I’d probably date Baek. He’s not a bad choice.”

They saw Baekhyun go red when he ate his pizza with lots of hot sauce poured on it earlier. In a scale of one to ten hot sauce packets on how Chanyeol affects Baekhyun, it would take more than ten packets.

“Guys, we should go home. It’s getting cold my toe is freezing.” Luhan says, sticking next to Joonmyun in an attempt to warm his body up.

Kyungsoo takes a glance at her cellphone to look at the time; they didn’t notice that it’s already quarter to eleven. She starts putting away the thrash in a plastic and Chanyeol gathers all the food that they could still eat. Baekhyun folded the blanket and the three other boys helped Kyungsoo cleaning.

Jongdae returns from the CR, laughing as they push each other playfully.

“I want to drink.” Jongin groans and stretched his arms over his head, “Hyung, join me.” He turns to Joonmyun, expecting yes for an answer. Joonmyun doesn’t look like the guy who likes to drink, but he never turned down any invitation with alcohol involved.

“Sure.” Joonmyun answers.

“I’m pretty sure you two are dating.” Baekhyun starts again, his eyes squinted in suspicion.

“Shut up, Byun.” Jongdae warned.

“Mino-ssi,” Kyungsoo starts, “Are you sure you’re not drunk? Why Jongdae?”

Mino laughs, “Please drop the formalities. And I’m pretty sure I’m not drunk. I’m not sure why I asked her out.” He jokes.

“SEE?! SEE?! I smell something fishy here!” Baekhyun gasps dramatically, “Don’t worry Mino, we’ll save you!”

“Why are you guys so mean?! Can’t I date someone?”

“Handsome as Mino?” Luhan interjects, “We’re just making sure he’s not under a spell or something.”

"You know what Luhan, I'm thinking of shipping you back to Beijing."

Luhan mouths  ' you' indiscreetly.

"We're such a classy group." Chanyeol mock sighs.

“You guys go ahead; Joonmyun hyung and I will just take a drink.” Jongin says and they start walking to the opposite direction.

“Don’t get drunk! Get home safe!” Kyungsoo reminds them before they start walking.

Joonmyun turns his head back, “Ok! You guys too!”

 

 

___________________________

a/n:

Fuse a.k.a How to be a numb dumb by Kim Joonmyun. It's a huge
debut success. sorry for keeping you guys wait! my mind got empty 

while I'm doing this midway i dont know why. thanks for the love!
do 
comment! xoxoxxxx

word count: 1 730~ yeyy lmao