☂ - -Geranium

Suguk Homestay

Kyungsoo’s parents are finally asleep; she gives a nod to Baekhyun and Jongdae before they run upstairs to the balcony with plastic bags in their hands. Jongin puts a finger over his lips to shush them because of the loud noises they make as they run.

Jongdae makes sure that the door is locked and Jongin’s three annoying dogs are inside the house before she helps putting the cans of beer and numerous junk foods on the table, mixing them inside a big bowl.

“Hey, I heard Joonmyun broke up with his girlfriend, again,” Chanyeol starts after she opened a can of beer, bubbles sizzling up the top, spilling down her fingers. She has her legs propped up on Baekhyun’s lap who long gave up pushing her away.

Jongdae chokes at her beer and Jongin pats her back, “What? Man, that’s the third.” Jongin admonished with disbelief.

Kyungsoo snorts and points a manicured pinky at Joonmyun, “He’s Kim Joonmyun, med student; girls are all over him so he won’t run out of choices, really.”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes, finally going to defend himself, “It’s not my fault,”

“Yeah? Like simply paying attention to her innuendos in the cinema and you act like you don’t know anything? That isn’t your fault?” Kyungsoo continues and the latter sighed.

“Hey! I don’t really know anything!”

Jongdae barks out a laugh, “Ohgod, how preciously innocent are you?” then all joined in the laughter, except Joonmyun.

 “Ha. Ha. ing funny,”

“Ohgod he even cursed!” Chanyeol coos as she doubles over.

 

Kyungsoo tries to calm down, her stomach feeling tight at the sudden burst of laughter, “Shush, appa will hear!” she cautioned in between laughter, “Ah, poor Joonmyun.”

The lights from downstairs opened suddenly, and heavy thuds of footsteps are heard causing their laughter to come in to an abrupt stop.

“!”

They all hurried to put all the beer cans inside the plastic bag muttering cusses as they spill their food on the ground. But Kyungsoo suddenly spilled her beer on her sweater when someone – ‘whoever that er will die’ – accidentally bumps on her shoulder.

“Alright I’m done,” she plops down the balcony bench and raises her hands up in surrender, “I’m raising the white flag, appa will smell me.”

Jongin rolled his eyes and takes off his grey jacket then pulls Kyungsoo’s sweater off, “Wear that, you’re such a whiny baby.”

Kyungsoo did as what she was told, pouting, “I’m sorry,” she says and Jongin rolled his eyes once again and ruffles her hair.

“Unlock the door!” Jongdae exclaims as she cleans away anymore traces of beer spills on the table.

Baekhyun unlocked the door just in time when Mr. Do comes into view. He puts on a bright smile and slides open the door, “Good evening Mr. Do! Looking fancy in our pajamas!”

Mr. Do snorts, not amused causing Baekhyun to run to Joonmyun’s side for safety, “What did I told you kids about neighbors and us sleeping? It’s twelve midnight for chrissake! Can’t you guys get them into your heads?” he turns to his daughter and squints his eyes, “You, young lady, what did I told you about hanging out with Baekhyun? It’s very unhealthy!”

Everyone laughed at this and Baekhyun squeaks out an indignant ‘hey!’

“No one’s allowed to make any loud noises, or else, you’re going back to your rooms, got it?” Mr. Do warns and everyone answers with a ‘yes, Mr. Do’ in unison before he leaves, not forgetting to slide close the door behind him.

Everyone breathes out in relief when no one got caught and one by one, they pull back the beers and placed all of the cans on the table.

“That was close,” Kyungsoo comments as she holds a hand over her chest.

Baekhyun plays his music player in shuffle, drowning along their chats and laughter as they continue bullying Joonmyun and bickering over nonsensical things. It’s how they live and how their friendship goes in the one and only homestay in the neighborhood of the modern Seoul; the Suguk Homestay, where Mr. and Mrs. Do are everyone’s parents, where they can taste different homemade food for breakfast slash lunch, exclusively from Mrs. Do, and where everyone is happy to have each other.

 

 

Everyone is gathered in the dining room, waiting for Mrs. Do’s breakfast slash lunch special for the day. Kyungsoo is the last one to take the seat next to her father, her head promptly falls on Baekhyun’s shoulder who’s head falls on top of her too as they mutter a sleepy ‘good morning’ to each other.

Mr. Do shoots Baekhyun a glare but the latter doesn’t seem to notice.

“Baekhyun, your last date with Yura went good. She asked me your number,” Kyungsoo says sleepily.

Baekhyun’s head lifted up suddenly, “What? That was a week ago! Why just now?”

“Maybe she just broke up with that guy Baekho,” Chanyeol suggested, pointing her chopsticks at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun scoffs, “I’m not interested, please tell her.”

Kyungsoo nods and lifts her head, “Sure.”

“Good morning sleepy heads!” Mrs. Do greets as she carries to the table a big pot of dakgalbi alongside some fresh vegetables, fried eggs and hotdogs.

“Thanks for the food!” everyone exclaims in unison with smile on their faces, suddenly so awake at the smell of food, before they devour the food in front of them which is all gone in record time.

“These kids,” Mr. Do mutters mock sadly with a shake of his head.

Mrs. Do chuckles and pats her husband’s back, “Let them be. It’s nice seeing them liking whatever is on the table.”

Her husband smiled at this, “Yeah, I’m glad we did this homestay, even we have to put up with these brats. Kyungsoo is already a sad one to take care of.”

Mrs. Do smiled, “Don’t worry; she finally knows how to socialize, and be surprised if she ends up with someone here.”

“No,” is a straight answer from Mr. Do.

“Don’t be ridiculous, we have future doctors here, nurse and an arts student. They’re all dead smart.”

A knowing smile blooms on Mr. Do’s face as he hears this explanation, “Eat healthily kids and we’ll have a dessert later.”

“Really?” Jongin is the first to react.

“Yes son, you all might be late too.” Mr. Do answers with a sickly sweet smile, but Jongin smiled excitedly nonetheless and continues to devour his food.

 

 

 

_____________

a/n:

so that's our chapter 1~
Geranium, a flower, symbolizes true friendship

i've decided that every short updates i make will be
a double chapter because who likes short reads? lmao. and another thought, i
just realized that at the end of the month will be our finals then  i made this...

so that's about it!

please do share me your thoughts!