Fourteen

For You My Flower Blooms

AN: and finally after 9001 years... i present this...

Fourteen

 

Years ago Seo Minwoo, under the tutelage of Andy, signed a trainee contract with TOP Media. He was one of oldest and first of all the trainees there and became like an unofficial leader to them. The group of them slaved in the tiny practice room - the company didn't have much in the way of resources – and as the number of them grew so did the rumors of debut. He was thankful that he was ale to stay on board when he should have been thinking about military enlistment.

 

Minwoo had a lot of dreams that kept a regular life deferred. He craved the spotlight and cultivated whatever talent needed to get it. He groomed himself obsessively and studied his features tirelessly in order to spot his perfect angles. In that way he was able to become rated for his face. He also worked on his pronunciation and facial expressions in the chance he could get into acting. His voice was not something he naturally possessed control over, but that too he studied hard on and his graceless limbs eventually were able to carry him in tune to a rhythm with dance.

 

Of course because of these factors: his age, his experience, his talent and his existing pool of fan, he felt it was natural he'd be up for a spot in the upcoming group.

 

The youngest of the bunch learned the fasted. They improved exponentially each day. The older teens couldn't match their progress and certainly neither could Minwoo. He didn't allow his heart to sink though when the group to debut was announced even if he wasn't a part of the line up. Bang Minsoo, Lee Chanhee, Lee Byunghun, Ahn Daniel, Yoo Changhyun and Choi Jonghyun: they were the youngest and newest of them all and although some of the others had felt disheartened by the news of what was basically their rejection just by seeing the sparkle in the children's eyes one couldn't hate them. No grudges were held.

 

“So you're moving in with them, huh?” Minwoo asked as he sat beside his boyfriend, Shin Dongwook nestled in a booth of a restaurant.

 

They shared a leek soup entree and Dongwook seemed so glum as he picked at one of their side dishes. A sigh issued from the slightly older male's mouth.

 

“This officially begins my life as a full time baby sitter.”

 

Minwoo smiled sympathetically, “Hey. They're cute and sweet kids. I'm sure you're going to end up loving it.”

 

Dongwook couldn't be consoled however. He set down his metal chopsticks with a bit of clatter and turned to regard Minwoo in the eye.

 

“I really don't belong in this business. I have no interest in idols or children. When I got this job I thought, OK this could probably be OK, because I wouldn't mind working with you. But in the end I get the kids.”

 

“Sorry?”

 

“I failed. I thought I could convince them to debut you faster but in the end I guess I have no say,” Dongwook took his chopsticks in hand again and once more began to eat the side dish.

 

Minwoo felt down. He could tell that Dongwook didn't feel bad about failing him. Dongwook was taking it hard on himself because his inability to help Minwoo was a direct display of his lack of power. Dating him he'd learned that Dongwook wasn't a selfless person. He longed to be important. He craved it despite not knowing exactly how to get what it is he sought after. He was hedonistic with a sense of entitlement.

 

Just like Minwoo, Dongwook had dreams though his path seemed to be deviating too much for him to feel positive about much of anything. Despite studying marketing, Dongwook failed to get into any companies of his choice. He'd interned at MNET for a year and met Minwoo in that time frame. Before his graduation he had panicked in his job search and under Minwoo's suggestion applied to TOP Media as office staff. Due to his industry experience and connections it hadn't been hard to get in. He wasn't in any position to refuse.

 

But that didn't stop his dreams. He dreamed of a fancy lifestyle. He imagined himself working towards a lavish executive office in a glassy skyscraper for a major international firm. He pictured a future surrounded by the big bosses drinking expensive champagne and flying by private jet to a meeting in Dubai. He aimed to be at the top.

 

Minwoo didn't feel sorry for his boyfriend, if anything it was a bit annoying Dongwook felt so torn up about it. Not only did he suggest Dongwook apply for the job in the first place, Minwoo as a rule tried to remain positive about things. It was the way he had lasted in the industry with such scanty results for so long and he knew that if Dongwook persisted his dreams could come true in different ways: drinking champagne with entertainment bosses and flying 1st class to an exclusive event in LA. He didn't suggest TOP Media as a way to sabotage him.

 

Nevertheless as TEENTOP, that was to be their name, worked towards debut Dongwook had less and less time for Minwoo, which he understood. Minwoo focused on his career development as well and the times they did meet was good enough for him.

 

He and Dongwook weren't overly attached to each other. Minwoo never had the idea that he'd fall in love with Dongwook and the relationship, although good, lacked passion. They became good friends, enjoyed the same things and rarely argued but they both knew that in the end they weren't each others goal.

 

Meeting Dongwook proceeded as follows. Minwoo had been dragged by his friends who wanted a place to drink, listen to some good music, and possibly dance if they wanted to. Minwoo tagged along, having some free time and extra money for a change. He was surprised however when he was approached by a man, not bad looking, but definitely not in the league of people Minwoo were used to as an ulzzang. He looked maybe a few years older, possibly still a student and dressed nicely while holding a beer in his hand.

 

“Are you a model?”

 

Minwoo would have normally walked away from anyone who asked him that but he was already drunk enough to listen. He shrugged and the stranger kept talking.

 

“Shin Dongwook. I work for MNET. I think you'd look good on TV.”

 

Minwoo couldn't help but laugh then because the guy was trying his best to come off as someone important but was also fidgeting so much that the hand that held his beer shook.

 

“Sorry to tell you but I've already been on TV,” Minwoo replied, keeping to himself the fact that he was only just a trainee regardless. “Are you sure you work for MNET? You don't have the look for the business.”

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“Well, they always look a bit more confident than you do,” Minwoo stated. “Do you have a card?”

 

Dongwook produced Minwoo a business card which he promptly read. It confirmed the man's claim that he was with MNET though it was only as an intern. Disappointing but cute that he thought he could try to pick up someone off of it. He pocketed the card and smiled when he noticed the way the man was just looking at him expectantly.

 

“Well, thanks Mr. Dongwook. If I need anything I'll give you a call.”

 

Dongwook continued to stand there expectantly and Minwoo had to resist the urge to laugh again. Did this guy know his being so clueless was somehow cute? Was that his scheme?

 

“This was a work related proposition, right?” Minwoo asked.

 

“Well...”

 

“Because if you were interested in knowing me personally you don't really have to wave your MNET credentials around, you know.”

 

“Ah.”

 

Minwoo was taken with Dongwoo then. He seemed like a sweet and naive guy and so he ended up pursuing it willingly. He soon learned thought that images were made to be broken, because underneath that awkward shy exterior was a creature that desired to wield control. Working for TOP Media he wanted Minwoo to debut not because it was his dream, but because Dongwoo wanted to hold the knowledge that he had done something, that he had brought it into being. He strove for managerial position because he desired to be the engine behind someone's success. That was his need.

 

The bed room was no different. Though reserved in the beginning time he showed his true form as director. His kink was voyeurism. He got more pleasure it seemed from watching Minwoo with others than being with him himself. Of course they had normal most of the time but the pressure to bring in a third party was always there and eventually Minwoo gave in. There was always a thrill in it for Minwoo too, it wasn't without his consent that it happened, but it was mostly for the benefit of his boyfriend who took some strange pleasure in watching it all while also giving the occasional direction or two as he did so.

 

Sometimes Dongwook would join but most of the time he'd just sit there and watch with hungry eyes roving over Minwoo and very noticeably pleased with what he had brought into fruition. It was strange to think someone could get power over seeing their lover in bed with another but perhaps it was the orchestration of it all, the feeling that the pair were his puppets that drove him. Minwoo wondered why he was so willing to indulge it and in his own mind liked to think what would be the line. How much from Dongwook would be too much?

 

He surprised himself by the limits he seemed not to have himself, and found he also got a thrill in breaking them. It all became too dangerous however with a single proposition. It was a sentence, a question, that come up at the most unlikely of times. It was a day off for Dongwook and they rested together along the terraces on the banks of Changyecheon eating food they had delivered just minutes prior. Minwoo nibbled at a bit of rice staring sightless at the water in front of him. Everything was so peaceful and he liked being able to sit like that in public with his boyfriend. Being he was a trainee and Dongwook a manager they never came out with their relationship with anyone in the company but being as close in age as they were, nobody batted an eye at their friendship.

 

The peace was interrupted though by the hitherto alluded to proposition, by words so chilling they turned the warm and refreshing breeze cold.

 

“What if I brought by one of the kids?”

 

Minwoo turned his head to look at Dongwook, lowering his chopsticks. His stomach suddenly felt full of lead and he kicked himself for thinking the worst possible scenario in that situation, considering they hadn't been talking about anything, rather they'd been eating in silence. And yet when he heard that sentence he immediately conjured up the worst images possible.

 

“What are you talking about?” he asked, hoping for clarification to push the thought out of his mind.

 

“You know,” Dongwook shrugged still continuing to eat as if he were discussing something of non-importance. “If one of my kids joined us for one of our things.”

 

“Have you lost your mind?” Minwoo snapped, this time actually setting his chopsticks down.

 

Dongwook sighed and continued to eat, “The kid isn't a if that's what you're worried about and he's totally willing.”

 

“What the-- No!”

 

“He's the one who has been approaching me.”

 

Minwoo was incredulous, “Yeah? But we're the adults here. Please don't tell me you--”

 

“A few times,” Dongwook shrugged as if it were no big deal.

 

It normally wouldn't have been if they were talking about someone of age. But this time it was a minor, and not only that, one of Dongwook's own kids. Minwoo didn't know where to begin in the lecture Dongwook so deserved.

 

“Look, I was put off by it at first too,” Dongwook continued. “I really was. I tried to get away from him. I beat myself about it too. Like you said, I'm the adult. But he wouldn't let up and then finally I gave in. But he's a teenager, not a baby. We're in our 20s, not like 40 or anything like that. When you were a teenager didn't you want to get it on with 20 year olds too?”

 

“Oh please. I am not going to listen to this,” Minwoo picked up his chopsticks again and began to stab at his food.

 

“Aren't you curious at all? Don't you want to know who it is?” Dongwook pressed.

 

Minwook glared at Dongwook heavily but the manager merely smirked.

 

“He's really cute. You'd like him.”

 

Minwoo thought of the members of TEENTOP. Of course they were cute, as kids. They were all too young for anything other than that. He didn't even see Rocky as a possible partner how could he look at someone like Jonghyun that way? His glare merely intensified.

 

“It's not the baby. Relax,” Dongwook said.

 

So who was it? Byunghun was definitely not much to look at but Minsoo had been buffing up lately with weights. Chanhee was conventionally pretty and they were in high school so-- Minwoo had to cut the thought off before it could go further.

 

“Just think about it. Really, he's completely willing. I already told you, he's the one that keeps coming to me.”

 

Dongwook dropped it at that but Minwoo couldn't be grateful for it because he knew as much as Dongwook knew that a seed had been planted. It only took a week for him to cave despite the mental lashing he was giving himself in his mind. A teenager? It was too much.

 

Chanhee, because Minwoo was convinced it was going to be Lee Chanhee, was really cute but he seemed a bit of an airhead sometimes. Did he really know what he was getting into by pursuing his own manager like that? He wrung his hands in frustration and told himself it wasn't too late to stop it. When Dongwook and Chanhee arrived Minwoo could sit down with the power vocalist and tell him that he was young and cute and he'd have all the fans in the world at his mercy. There was no need to let his hormones cause him to be reckless. Then he'd send the wide eyed boy along with a verbal slap on the wrist and that would be it.

 

The bell chimed and Minwoo went to the door already running the speech in his head through his mind. He imagined the sunny smile on Chanhee's face as he would greet him, and somehow his mind also plastered a backpack onto his back. The image just strengthened his determination and so when he opened the door and standing there was no Lee Chanhee, or Bang Minsoo or even Lee Byunghun every single thought and plan of action disappeared from Minwoo's mind.

 

Standing there was a trainee even younger with darker skin, dark hair and wider eyes than the pair that initially were in his mind. He smiled, though a bit lopsided and self consciously, and he was beanpole skinny and awkward with a few scuffs on his clothes and body as if he had just finished a rough bout playing outside.

 

“Hey hyung,” greeted the kid, raising a hand and Minwoo wasn't going to be rude.

 

He returned the greeting raising a hand of his own in return.

 

“Hey, Daniel.”

 

His life would never be the same.

 

-to be continued-

 

AN: the MinwooDongwookNiel story finally being revealed! i had this planned since the first story but never had a chance to present it because of how minor Minwoo was in it. But now that Minwoo is beocming a bigger player of course his feelings have to be explored. Also it reveals way more about Dongwook than before but there are some parallels here between the Dongwook Minwoo knew and the Dongwook that Niel felt he seduced in the first story. I think Dongwook... ahh I have a full character profile of him but I don't want to spoil your conception of him yet so I won't say but it doesn't matter anyay cos I know 100% of you people hate him haha.

kekeke this was a flashback btw though i am sure everyone knew that by the 1st paragraph. Uh....... yeah what do you thnk so far?

thanks for reading and please review!