Chapter 7

Choose.

 

After Mi Young opened her eyes, she looked to both sides of Hyun Joo, to notice two people holding onto her hand. On one side, was her newest friend, Jung Jinyoung. On the other, was one of the kingkas, Kim Sunggyu. The kingkas, also known as Infinite, were known for being heartless and cold to everyone except for each other. They were rumoured to be in a secret gang and thought to be dealing drugs. Against their reputation, here was Kim Sunggyu, helping Mi Young.

Hyun Joo gasped as she met with Sunggyu’s glaring eyes.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Sunggyu snarled as he looked straight into Hyun Joo’s eyes. He let go of her arm and Jinyoung followed in suit. Jinyoung was also surprised that the kingka was helping Mi Young. Jinyoung stepped towards Mi Young, to make sure she was alright. He walked off with Mi Young, leaving the forgotten food on the floor.

When Mi Young and Jinyoung had left, Sunggyu walked off, leaving Hyun Joo motionless. Hyun Joo’s followers flocked around her arm, shamelessly caressing the area Sunggyu had held.

“Yah, Kim Sunggyu what was that back there? Why did you help the loner?” Woohyun asked as he looked curiously at Sunggyu. Sunggyu just shrugged saying,

“I don’t know what came over me, but I just felt like helping her.” With that, he began walking out of the school grounds. Infinite shrugged to each other and quickly followed their leader.

Back with Jinyoung and Mi Young, they were having a quiet talk about the events earlier.

“Did Hyun Joo do anything to you?” He asked as he held onto Mi Young’s face and turned it around, inspecting both sides of her face. As Mi Young shook her head, Jinyoung let out a relieved sigh. She began to question him about Kim Sunggyu, and why the kingka had stood up for her. Jinyoung began to wonder as well, *Why did he help Mi Young? Doesn’t he hate everyone?*

They sat in silence as they continued to think about Sunggyu.

~~~

Jinyoung and Mi Young were walking in the direction of their homes. They both stopped in front of Mi Young’s house at looked at it in fear.

“Is your aunty there?” Jinyoung asked cautiously. Mi Young nodded, saying that her aunty was always home waiting for her. She began to head to the front gate when Jinyoung grabbed her wrist tightly. The sparks were sent through both Mi Young and Jinyoung. Feeling the spark, Jinyoung let go, telling her that she could stay at his house if she wanted to. She quickly agreed, glad that she didn’t need to endure her aunty’s wrath.

Jinyoung lead the way as they continued to walk to Jinyoung’s house. As they entered, Jinyoung’s mum greeted them happily. His mum stepped slightly to her right gesturing for them to come in. Mi Young came in and took off her shoes before standing around and taking a close look at the inside of Jinyoung’s house.

The last time that she was here was when she was unconscious, so she never really got a good look at his house. Jinyoung called her upstairs, and she quickly followed his voice. She opened the door and her jaw dropped at the sight. Jinyoung was standing next to a bed, that had pristine white sheets. The sun shined through the room, making everything glow. She marvelled at the beautiful room and ran to Jinyoung thanking him with a hug.

Jinyoung chuckled nervously as Mi Young let go of him and stepped back, realising what she had just done.

“Well, this will be your room. Feel free to stay here for as long as you want.” He assured her, patting her lightly on the back and walking out of the room to let her explore. She walked around the room, placing her hand on the vanity and walking across. She looked around the room, everything seemed to be shining, reflecting on her mood.

She flopped down onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling and smiling. Jinyoung soon came in, with a set of clean clothes for Mi Young. He put the clothes on the bed next to Mi Young and told her that the clothes are clean so she doesn’t have to worry. Mi Young nodded in response as Jinyoung left the room, closing the door tightly behind him.

Mi Young stood up slowly, continuing to look around the room. She closed the curtains to give her some privacy as she began to change out of her dirty uniform. She was in the process of changing when suddenly, the door swung wide open.