Chapter 16

Choose.

 

Mi Young woke, to feel the worst pain she had felt in her entire life. The other beatings had been for no reason in particular, except that Hyun Joo had ‘felt’ like teaching her a lesson. But because this time, it had a meaning, they were more violent and had lasted a much longer time. She couldn’t sit up due to the massive pain, so she continued to struggle as she thought the pain would be lesser if she did.

Just then, Sunggyu and Infinite all entered the room, seeing her struggling to sit up, Sunggyu instinctively went to her aid. He slid his hands up her waist and assisted her in sitting up. Once again with the contact, Mi Young and Sunggyu both felt sparks shoot through their body. Sunggyu, was oblivious to this feeling, as he believed that it was just his heart hurting seeing her in this state. For Mi Young, she thought that the feeling was of pain.

After Mi Young was sitting up, she moaned slightly in pain as her ribcage begun to hurt. Infinite, who were not experienced, frantically called for the nurse’s help. In no time, a nurse came to Mi Young’s aid, asking her many questions about where it hurt. Mi Young pointed painfully to her ribs and shut her eyes in pain.

“Would you like me to give you some more morphine?” The nurse asked softly. Mi Young nodded and the nurse injected some morphine into Mi Young’s IV. Within minutes, Mi Young fell back into a deep slumber. (A/N: Obviously I'm not experienced in medicine, but anything that will put her out for a while works for me xD)

Infinite, who had watched the entire scene in silence, came forward once the nurse had left. They all stared at Mi Young’s face in sorrow, seeing the bluish purple bruises covering most of her face. They saw that her hands were scarred with cuts and bruises. Sungjong, being the innocent maknae he was, felt a tear roll down his cheek. It hurt him to see his newest friend in so much pain. Though they had not known Mi Young for very long, they still felt like they had known her for years and that they had to protect her no matter what. That night, they all swore to be by Mi Young’s side no matter what.

~~~
Mi Young woke feeling a light weight on the side of the bed, she attempted to move her hand, only to feel there was someone’s hand holding it. She moved her head slightly, and lowered her eyes to see Jinyoung sleeping peacefully next to her. *When did he get here?*

Painfully, she shifted her head to the bedside table, where there was a small clock.  ‘2:50’ the clock read as she furrowed her eyes in worry. *Has Jinyoung been here ever since?*

She felt Jinyoung’s head move slightly as his head lifted off the bed and faced Mi Young. His half closed eyes opened fully when he saw Mi Young looking intently at him. He sat up abruptly, asking Mi Young a bunch of questions.

“How are you feeling? Does it hurt anywhere? Do you need anything? Who did this to you? Was it Hyun Joo?”

The continuous questions made Mi Young’s head hurt and she put a finger to his lips, silencing him. Noticing her pain, he immediately stopped talking, asking only one question at a time.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’ve been better.” Mi Young croaked as she smiled.

“Does it hurt anywhere?” Mi Young nodded before saying,

“Everywhere.” Jinyoung’s eyes brimmed with tears, seeing her in so much pain.

“Do you need anything?” Jinyoung asked, holding onto Mi Young’s hand. Mi Young nodded before nodding her head towards the water jug beside the bed. Jinyoung nodded before standing to pour her some water.

He held the cup up to for her, telling her to drink slowly. She listened obediently, struggling to hold the cup in her fragile hands. He pushed her hands down lightly, holding the cup for her instead. She drunk thirstily, before Jinyoung told her to slow down.

She stopped drinking, so Jinyoung got the signal, he took the cup off of Mi Young’s lips, putting it back onto the bedside table before returning to her side. She closed her eyes, and fell asleep almost immediately.

Seeing Mi Young sleeping peacefully, he pushed her bangs out of her face, taking a clear look at her angelic features. He lowered his head, giving her a featherless kiss on the forehead. His heart felt full after the contact and as he lifted his head up, he smiled to himself and sat back down. 

~~~

ooooh lala ~ haha xD 

My sister got the OTT Repack yesterday, guess what photocard she got? O: SUNGGYU XD Mmm fits the story :L 

"Are you jelly?" xD 

I'll update probably a few more times today, just to catch up to where I actually am, my bad for writing ahead >.< 

♥ SARANGHAE ♥ 

THANKS EVERYONE FOR SUBSCRIBING! COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED ♥

oh and any drama recommendations? :L