Chapter 6 : Unexpected

Choose.

 

Mi Young woke up, to the unfamiliar feeling of being painless. She couldn’t feel any of the pain that her aunty had enforced on her. She stood up, jumping around like a child remembering the events of the night before. Jinyoung, Jung Jinyoung, had stood up for her; he had saved her from her auntie’s cruel deeds.

Jinyoung entered the room right at that moment, chuckling as he saw Mi Young jumping around. Mi Young continued to jump around before turning around and stopping in her tracks at the sight of Jinyoung leaning on the door frame. She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly at the scene Jinyoung had just witness. Jinyoung continued to smile at her. *She’s so cute*

“I was about to call you up for breakfast, but I see you’ve already woken up.” He pointed out, seeing that Mi Young’s cheeks had slightly reddened from embarrassment. She nodded before following Jinyoung downstairs.

As she ate breakfast, she felt tears rolling down her cheeks again. Jinyoung and his mum panicked thinking that she was in pain. She shook her head, explaining that the food was delicious. They opted not to ask her any more questions and let her continue eating.

~~~

Mi Young and Jinyoung arrived to school together, earning a few gasps and whispers from other students. They continued to class like nothing was wrong. Sitting down, Mi Young could feel the glare of the other girls in her class; they were burning holes into the back of her head. She saw Jinyoung turn around, and the girls’ glares immediately died down.

“Don’t worry about them Mi Young.” Jinyoung assured her as he gave her a light pat on the back. The class gasped at their contact and the glares grew more intense. Mi Young smiled at Jinyoung, thanking him in the process.

~~~

“I’ll be right back I’m going to get us some lunch.” Jinyoung said as he turned around and walked towards the cafeteria. Mi Young nodded and begun walking to the tree where she always sat. No one dared to go near ‘her’ tree, because they would be mistaken as a friend of Mi Young. She sat down, earning another few whispers from people around her.

“YAH! KANG MI YOUNG!” She heard Hyun Joo screech as she walked up to her, looking fiercer than ever. “Who the hell do you think you are taking Jinyoung?” She snarled as she glared into Mi Young’s eyes. Mi Young gulped in fear as Hyun Joo raised her hand. Just then, two hands came and grabbed her hand firmly. Mi Young opened her eyes slowly, not feeling any contact.

Who she saw made her jaw drop open.