Chapter 22

Choose.

 

Mi Young woke up to a short buzz of her phone. She picked up her phone, smiling at the sweet message Sunggyu had written for her.

“From: Sunggyu

Hey there (: How did you sleep? I slept VERY well, because I dreamt of my angel.”

Mi Young tilted her head in confusion before replying.

“To: Sunggyu

I slept very well. Your angel? Who is that?”

“From: Sunggyu

My angel, is you.” (A/N: cringe cringe >.<)

Mi Young smiled like a fool before putting her phone down and getting ready for school. She made her way downstairs to see Jinyoung and his mum eating breakfast. Sitting down, she greeted both of them, bowing and smiling. After a cheerful breakfast, Jinyoung and Mi Young headed to school together.

When they arrived at school, Mi Young was met with glares and whispers. She was all too familiar with this, and she had already expected it once she got together with Sunggyu. Walking up to her locker, she noticed a crowd of people standing around it. Her curiosity led her feet through the crowd, gasping as she saw the picture pasted on the front.

The picture was of Jinyoung and Mi Young in the hospital. How the photo was taken, was still a mystery. But in the photo, the angle looked as if they were kissing. Jinyoung’s face had the same expression as Mi Young; speechless. The picture was very convincing, but both of them knew that it was not the truth. She tore down the photo, running off to explain to Sunggyu.

~~~

All of Infinite, including Sunggyu, had already seen the picture. Sunggyu was beyond furious at the betrayal. He noticed a small figure running against the crowd, making its way towards him. As the figure emerged, Sunggyu noticed that it was the person he did not want to see right now, Mi Young. Remembering the photo, his heart wrenched and hatred grew. He glared at Mi Young as she neared him.

She was panting heavily and she put a hand up to Sunggyu for him to wait. He just scoffed and made his way away from her. Recovering from her exhaustion, she ran up to Sunggyu, grabbing his arm before he turned around.

“I…I can explain…” she begun, only to be cut off by Sunggyu.

“What is there to explain? That you like Jinyoung? That he’s better than me? I don’t want to see you anymore.” His tone was harsh and strong, making Mi Young let go of his arm and step back in fright. The look of her face made Sunggyu’s heart wrench. He wanted to walk up to her and embrace her and tell her it was alright. But the sense of betrayal was holding him back.

Walking off, he heard Mi Young break out into quiet sobs. Turning around the corner, he heard Jinyoung’s recognisable voice asking her if she was okay. *Huh, going off to another guy so quickly ey?*

~~~

Mi Young and Jinyoung both walked back to their lockers, Mi Young was more lifeless than ever and let people push her around, her books flying out of her hand and scattering around the corridor. She bent down to pick them up, her hands being stepped on over and over again. She winced in pain but continued anyways.

Myungsoo was standing behind the lockers, watching the hurtful scene before his eyes. Throughout the time they had been friends, he had been secretly looking over Mi Young, with little tasks like, giving her food and making sure she never left anything behind. He thought of Mi Young like the little sister he never had. (A/N: haha there you go @infiniteskyes, Hoya will come in a little later (: )

The physical pain was overcome by the pain Mi Young felt in her heart. She knew that it was not true, and she didn’t know how to tell Sunggyu. Soon, the crowd dispersed, leaving her sitting on the floor in a crouched position and her books mangled and tattered scattered over the floor.

Jinyoung, who had not been able to help Mi Young because of the constant pushing, ran up to her, embracing her in a hug as she cried her heart out. They stayed in the same position for a while until her sobs became quieter; he released her from his embrace, looking carefully at her face, seeing that her eyes were now red and puffy. She bit her lip and looked at the floor, seeing her books scattered around the corridor. Jinyoung followed her gaze, also seeing the books around the corridor.

He shuffled over, sweeping the books towards Mi Young and putting them in a pile next to Mi Young. Seeing the state of the books, she burst into another round of tears. This startled Jinyoung, but he instinctively pulled her back into his embrace.

Behind the lockers, Myungsoo had witnessed the whole scene. Though his heart stung seeing Mi Young in so much pain, it hurt him more noticing the closeness of Jinyoung and Mi Young. *Maybe the picture was true*

Courageously stepping out of the shadows, Myungsoo made his way towards Mi Young and Jinyoung. Startled by the footsteps, Mi Young and Jinyoung both looked up to see Myungsoo walking closer. They gulped in fear, seeing his expressionless eyes. 

~~~

haha i found a way to incorporate L & Hoya (: 

hmmm.... hair dye colour recommendations anyone? LOL i can't make up my mind xD