Three

I'll Be There

A knock came at the door and Youngjae ran downstairs because he already knew who it was. He called to his mother so that she didn't have to trouble herself. He reached the door and opened it to be greeted by and smiling Jinyoung and Mark, who was holding a big box in his hands. Youngjae looked at him and then the box questioningly. 

"Come on in guys," Youngjae stated stepping away from the door to let them in. When he finished closing the door his mother entered the living room to check who it was.

"Jinyoung," she said excited. She was always happy to have Jinyoung around; he was a nice young man and a great friend to her Youngjae. All the boys in the room turned to her to greet her with a bow. "And Mark," she smiled at them. "I'm so happy to see you returned Mark, how was your time in America?"

"Ah," Mark always felt intimidated by Youngjae's mom. He always got the sensation that she didn't like him very much, but he knew for a fact that Youngjae got his kindness from her so it was outrageous to think that she could dislike someone. "It was wonderful, but I missed these fools so I had to come back and at least graduate with them." Jinyoung and Youngjae laughed at his corniness. "Oh, I also brought something for you," Mark exclaimed remembering he had some bribery in his box for her. He placed the box down and carefully opened it, trying to keep the contents inside hidden from her because she didn't need to know what else was inside. He pulled out a bottle of wine and a small box of chocolates. Mrs. Choi's eyes widened because what was a minor doing with alcohol. 

"Mark!" she yelled marching closer to snatch the bottle away from his hands. "I suppose you have an explanation?" Mark gulped because he was legitimately scared for his life at the moment. 

"It's not what you think Ma'am. My mother packed that especially for you and I helped pick the chocolates," Mark defended himself panicking while holding the box of chocolates for Youngjae's mother to take. She looked at him questioningly, not fully believing his story. "I promise, she also told me to give you her number so that you could call and tell her you received these gifts, you know, so that she doesn't think I kept it or anything like that." After a small moment Mrs. Choi stepped forward and took the box of chocolates, she then pulled Mark into a small awkward hug.

"I'm so sorry I jumped to conclusions Mark, I'll be sure to give your mother a call and thank her. Now why don't you boys go on up, dinner will be ready in an hour." Youngjae led both Jinyoung and Mark up the stairs to his room.


"So what's in the box?" Youngjae asked when they settled inside his room. Jinyoung was super excited to find out what was inside the box since Mark didn't allow him to sneak a peek when they were on their way to Youngjae's house.

"Is my present in there?" Jinyoung said with an over the top excited voice. Mark smiled because he liked making Jinyoung happy and he hoped that Jinyoung would like his present, after all he was the one that suggested it in the first place. 

"Yes," Mark said, "but first, I brought an extra box of chocolates just for us," he said fishing the box of chocolates out of the bigger box. He walked over to Jinyoung who was sitting on the floor opposite Youngjae's bed, leaving the box unprotected from Youngjae's prying hands and curiosity. Mark and Jinyoung were too busy inspecting the chocolates to see which were the best, that they didn't notice Youngjae open the box and take out a stalk of magazines. 

"What the it this?" Youngjae exclaimed with wide eyes. He was holdings one of the magazines open, revealing a woman sprawled all across the page. Jinyoung and Mark looked up and while Jinyoung laughed, Mark got up off the floor and tackled Youngjae to try and take back the magazine. Youngjae squirmed under Mark trying to hold the magazine away from his reach. In the commotion of wrestling for the magazine Youngjae had, Jinyoung got up and picked another one from the pile Youngjae had placed on his side desk. He flipped through the pages looking at all the different models and positions they were in. He gasped very loud when he came upon a scene he didn't think was possible, so he called for Mark's attention.

"Mark. Mark. Mark!" Jinyoung yelled when the older didn't pay him attention. This caused Mark to stop trying to get back the magazine from Youngjae's hands and he turned to Jinyoung. "Is this possible?" Mark's eyes widened as he gazed at the picture of a woman being fisted, arm almost completely inside her. He rushed to tackle Jinyoung this time, successful this time in snatching the dirty magazine away from his hands. 

"I can explain!" Mark shouted to Jinyoung because he didn't want the younger male getting the wrong idea because this was all his idea to begin with. Jinyoung stared confused as Youngjae got off his bed and placed the magazine back on the pile. When both Youngjae and Jinyoung's eyes met, they burst into hysterical laughter. Mark looked onto the scene before him, he didn't know the exact reason why his friends were laughing, but he knew that it involved him in one way or another. "You guys are ," Mark said walking over to the pile of magazines and placing the one he snatched away from Jinyoung on it. 

"Aw Mark, don't feel so hurt you know we're just kidding," Jinyoung rushed over to hug his friend and make him feel a bit less embarrassed. Youngjae smiled on and sat down on his bed, he never liked getting involved in those hugs that seemed a tiny bit more than a friendly hug. He knew, or was sure that the type of relationship Jinyoung and Mark had was just a bit more than an average friendship, but while the two pair of idiots went about their lives being happy just the way they were, it didn't escape either of them the jealousy that came when someone would leave a confession letter inside Jinyoung or Mark's lockers respectably; they of course always turned down the confession because they didn't 'have time for someone else' at the moment.

"So, Mark, how’d you do it to sneak all this contraband past security?" Youngjae interrupted after a moment. Mark turned away with a red face because it was still embarrassing, this whole ordeal. He would rather forget any of that ever happened and talk about Youngjae and what happened in school that day, Youngjae did promise to tell them after all.

"Why don't we forget that ever happened, shall we?" Mark stated getting off the floor and walking over to sit on the chair by Youngjae's study desk. Youngjae and Jinyoung both laughed again because they would remember to tease Mark about this every time they got. "Why don't we instead talk about you Youngjae, tells what happened in school today." Youngjae's smiling face settled into a neutral look, and Jinyoung could tell that Youngjae was remembering the not so pleasant day and would rather not talk about it after all, but still they were Youngjae's friends and if they could help him out then it was best that they knew what it was that was bothering him in the first place. 

"Youngjae?" Jinyoung said soothingly, walking over to sit by his side. Youngjae felt his eyes water and he quickly rubbed the tears away before they could form properly. 

"Ahhh, you guys had to remind me of that jerk," Youngjae said still rubbing his eyes because he wasn't going to cry, not again. Jinyoung and Mark exchanged glances, at least Youngjae knew what they were referring to and wasn’t playing dumb. 

"Who is he?" Mark questioned. After a few moments, Youngjae calmed himself and whipped his face of any tears; he looked at his friends and saw that this is what friendship was, being able to tell your friends your problems and them being there to help you get through them. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah, I know him — or did know him, I don't know," Youngjae said feeling his thoughts get all scrambled. "He was my best friend."

"I thought I was your best friend," Jinyoung stated teasingly with a sad face.

"You are, but he was my childhood friend. I knew him before I met you, in fact, I met you after he left me."

"Where did he go?" Mark inquired. Youngjae shrugged. 

"I only remember our last days together. His brother had passed away and then a few days later, he was gone. I never knew what happened to him. I went to his house and called hundreds of times, but nothing. I asked my mother if she could do something to find out where he was but she always pushed it aside."

“Wow, I didn’t know that,” Jinyoung stated because he was sure that the loss of a son and brother would be cause enough to move away and try to start over. “Were you close to his brother?”

“Not as close as I was with Jackson, but yeah, I remember crying with Jackson when he used to come over just so that he could cry and be a normal kid mourning the loss of a brother, you know,” Youngjae said recalling how he would hug a crying Jackson as close as he could to try and comfort him in any way possible. At home he would put up this front of a strong little boy for his mom, but when he couldn't deal with it any longer, he went to the only person he could truly be himself with, Youngjae.

"But now he's back and you can ask him yourself what happened," Mark tried to encourage. Jinyoung gave him the scrutinizing eye, it was obvious that that kid had really hurt Youngjae and Jinyoung didn't think it would be that simple to talk to him. 

"I can't do that. I have — it's taken me years to forget him and move past all that," Youngjae tried to explain. 

"But have you really?" Jinyoung inquired because today showed otherwise, Youngjae still remembered Jackson and the other boy clearly still remembered him as well. "I mean come on Youngjae, it's so obvious that you like this guy or he wouldn’t be affecting you like this." Youngjae palled at the accusation because it had taken him a while to come to terms with what his feeling for Jackson meant and it had taken his friend less than a day to figure it all out.

"Of course I do, he was my best friend," Youngjae tried to play it off.

"You know what I mean, Jae," Jinyoung firmly stated not in the mood to be lied to or play along. Youngjae conceded.

"Like how you feel about Mark, Jin?" Youngjae lashed back. Mark, like always that Youngjae and Jinyoung argued, stayed out of it. Jinyoung tsk-ed at Youngjae's little outburst but he wouldn't deny it. 

"Exactly! You should talk to him and clear the air. If not for yourself, do it for him and us." Mark looked at Jinyoung questioningly. "You know," Jinyoung tried to clarify for Mark, "we don't want Youngjae feeling awkward at school and we don't want to be pulled into the awkwardness. I mean you do sit with the guy Mark."

"Jinyoung is right Youngjae," Mark said understanding the position he would be in, "talk to the guy, it doesn't have to be tomorrow or even this week, but just talk. It might even help you to get everything you have been holding in off your chest like Jinyoung said, clear the air." Youngjae stayed silent thinking over what his friends had just suggested. It wasn't a bad idea to confront Jackson and demand an explanation, though in his mind and heart, Youngjae already knew the answer but he wanted affirmation. On the other hand, what was the point in bringing back the past? It had long been forgotten and Youngjae had finally begun to move on with his life. He had friends he could rely on and trust, something Jackson had clearly lacked. 

"Youngjae, honey, dinner is ready!" Youngjae's mother shouted from downstairs. 

"Ah, dinner is ready. Are you guys staying or not?" Youngjae asked Jinyoung and Mark, who both in turn tackled Youngjae because how dare he question their love for his mother's cooking. 

Dinner went by without a hitch, besides the occasional questioning done by Youngjae's mother. The three friends ate and made small talk, plans for the near future but the subject of a certain male was left untouched. Jinyoung and Mark said their ‘thank yous’ and 'goodbyes' to Mrs. Choi and Youngjae for the night before they excused themselves for the night. 


A/N: Here is my special little update for you all. So this will be it untill next time because I want to keep writing more and at the same time i want to have more for future updates... I like consistency but we shall see :D

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE and *IVAN OOZE voice*tumblr_m1ttw6AWlT1r3h883o1_500.gif share it with your neighbor, share it with your friend, if they dont like it then throw it in their faces... OTL

BYEEee~~~~~~~~~