Twelve

I'll Be There

This continues from the previous chapter, NOT the MarkJin thing but the one before that, so I'm calling it 12 sorry for any confussion.


“So what part didn’t you get?” Jackson asked once they were settled in Youngjae’s room. Youngjae scratched his head thinking back to today’s lesson and he realized that most of it had gone in one ear and out the other just as Mark had pointed out.

“All of it?” Youngjae stated innocently, Jackson laughed.

“Fine we’ll go over the whole thing and you stop me when there is something you don’t get, okay?”

“Okay, let’s get started then.”

The next hour was spent with Jackson going over his notes and clarifying and answering any questions Youngjae had on the way. Jackson was really good at explaining things, but then again Youngjae thought that he must had learned that from his brother who had also taught him how to read and study efficiently when both he and Jackson were younger. After the hour had passed by, Youngjae’s mother called for him to come down and eat dinner because she was going to go out for the night and not return until way past midnight; Youngjae invited Jackson to stay for dinner.
 

Half way through their dinner, Mrs. Choi told Youngjae she had to leave before it was too late and she kissed her son goodbye and said a goodbye to Jackson as well out of courtesy of course, but she wanted to tell the boy to leave as well. Once she was gone Youngjae and Jackson sat around the dinner table finishing off their dinner and making small talk just to not be awkward being left alone in the house.

“Where was your mom going so late at night?” Jackson inquired.

“I don’t know, she has never gone out so late before actually,” Youngjae responded not thinking too much into it. He got up from his seat and took his plate over to the sink to wash. After a few more mouthfuls, Jackson joined Youngjae with his plate.

“Let me do it,” Jackson said reaching over to take the sponge from Youngjae’s hands, but Youngjae reacted fast enough to move his hand away from Jackson’s reach.

“It’s okay I got it, you’re my guest.”

“And you fed me so the least I can do is help you wash some dishes,” Jackson said reaching for Youngjae’s hand again. Youngjae moved it away again, a playful smile forming on his face.

“You want to play hard to get, fine, I’ll play.”

“I’m not playing hard to get,” said Youngjae laughing, not realizing the true meaning behind his words, he blushed for a second as soon as his words caught up to him and in that time Jackson reached over and snatched the sponge from his hand.

“I know, but I’m still scared –that you might leave me or that I hurt you again, so I don’t want to risk it, I rather us stay like this than jeopardize what we have now,” Jackson said completely understanding the meaning behind Youngjae’s words.

“I know how you feel about me Jackson, and I have felt like this for a very long time now. But if we feel too scared to be something more than –friends –then I don’t know what we are doing?” Youngjae moved to walk back to the table and sit down, but before he took another step, Jackson stopped him.

“Okay, yes I like you but you’re the one that said to pretend like we don’t know anything about each other and yet you’re the one that is constantly brings back the past.”

“I know but it’s hard to try to pretend that I don’t know anything about you when every time I see you the first thing I think is if you are okay, or how are you feeling today?” Youngjae exclaimed.

“Then let's stop! Let's go back how things were before —before the accident, before I left." Jackson looked hurt because he could only wish that he could turn time back to when his brother was alive and he and Youngjae were inseparable. As if Youngjae could read his mind, he reached over and pulled Jackson into a long hug.

"I know, I miss him at times as well," Youngjae said in a whisper still holding on to Jackson. "I know I have no right..."

"No, don't say that," said Jackson pulling apart from Youngjae to look him in the eye. "Don't ever think that Youngjae, he loved you just as much, hell at times I thought he would have rather have you as a brother than me." Youngjae laughed remembering how Jackson's brother would scold him when he didn't finish his homework as fast as Youngjae did.

"His anniversary is coming up soon right?" Youngjae asked moving away to lean on a counter.

"Yeah, that's another reason why I was so happy to come back, so I can visit him and talk to him." Jackson scrunched his face because that might have sounded weird out loud.

"What about your parents, are they glad to be back?"

"I think they feel weird being back but I'm sure they're glad I pestered them to return. I’m sure they miss him just as much as I do.”

“If you want someone to come with you, let me know.” Youngjae felt this weight sort of lift off his shoulders; he felt better talking to Jackson now like he did back when they were younger and the best of friends. “Well it’s getting late and I don’t want your mom getting worried about you so maybe you should go.”

“Oh yeah I should probably call her and tell her I’m on my way before she starts having panic attacks because I’m out so late.” Jackson pulled his phone out of his pocket and just as he was about to unlock it, his mother’s face shined bright on the LCD screen. “Speak of the devil,” he laughed before he clicked the answer button.

Youngjae moved back to the sink to finish up washing the dished while Jackson spoke with his mom. He wondered if Jackson’s mom still looked the same. She was a nice lady from what Youngjae could remember. Every time Youngjae went over to Jackson’s place she offered him a snack and he was always happy there, but maybe it was because Jackson was there, anywhere Jackson was, Youngjae was sure he’d be happy.

“I have to get going then,” Jackson announced from the back, Youngjae finished drying his hands and turned to him.

“She is not worried is she?”

“As worried as she always is, but nothing major.” A pause. “So before I leave, I want to make sure, no more weirdness or awkwardness from here on out?” Youngjae nodded, Jackson stepped closer. “We go back to being friends.”

“Yeah,” Youngjae exhaled nervously because Jackson was getting closer and closer.

“But what if I want to be more than friends, can we be that?” Youngjae met Jackson’s eyes and then they moved down to his lips for a quick second before they went back up. Youngjae once again nodded his head. Jackson got even closer, his breath now melding with Youngjae’s own.

“Just please don’t hurt me again,” Youngjae said in a whisper because Jackson was right in front of his face, their eyes staring at one another, he knew what Jackson was saying, or trying to anyways.  

“I won’t,” said Jackson before he closed the gap between them, their lips meeting and connecting perfectly. The kiss was warm and full of passion, bordering on lust, but contained enough because this all felt perfect. The moment continued on for a few more seconds no one pushing the other for air.

“Youngjae, honey!” The call of his name made Youngjae be the one to break first, one look at Jackson and his plumed lips told him that he probably didn’t look that good himself. He smiled at Jackson but quickly made his way over to the fridge and pulled out a pair of popsicles and threw one to Jackson and he quickly opened his and shoved it in his mouth.

“ on that,” Youngjae exclaimed in panic.

“What?”

“ on it,” Youngjae demonstrated by quickly shoving the popsicle in and out of his mouth, the scene erted by Jackson’s mind. “You know, .”

“Don’t do that,” said Jackson unwrapping his popsicle and sticking it into his mouth.

“Youngjae I called for you, didn’t you hear me?” Mrs. Choi said stepping into the kitchen. “Jackson, you’re still here?”

“Sorry,” Youngjae said pulling the cold treat out of his mouth.

“Sugar at night, Youngjae you know I don’t like it when you have sugar so late at night, it’s bad for you,” Mrs. Choi said trying to scold her son because he knew better. “Jackson I think you should get going it’s getting late and your parents must be worried about you.”

“Yes I was just leaving; sorry and thank you for dinner Mrs. Choi it was delicious.” Mrs. Choi nodded and made her way towards the living room making sure Jackson was following behind. “Thanks for the treat,” Jackson said, his lips now plump and tainted red because of the popsicle, among other things.

“My pleasure,” Youngjae said with a sly smile on his face. Jackson smiled back and turned to the door to leave. “Jackson, lets meet up tomorrow with Mark and Jinyoung so we can explain our notes to them.”

“Okay let me know what time. Have a great night Mrs. Choi,” Jackson stated with a bow and he turned away heading back home.


A/N: Hello all... here is an update :) well I do hope you like this because I dont think I will be posting so soon after this cuz yeah life stuff i guess.

Ok well plz comment and subscribe and share it why not, also check out my other stories IF you like they are EXO ;)

Behind Closed Doors (complicated OTPs OTL) : Gifted By Luck (vampAU/supernatural-ly :/ ) 

AND GO AND CHECK THEM OUT IF YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT THEM THEN WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN jk OK THIS IS A VIXX FIC AND MY POTENTIAL INSPIRATION (sort of) TO THIS FIC IM GOING TO WRITE, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT OTP TO USE TO HELP!!!!! (comment and tell me who it should be like idk, i am thinking of making it a VIXX fic BUT it can be made into any group really) I DIGRESS 

ok if you read all that you are awesome and bye~~!

Tumblr  &  Twitter