Five

I'll Be There

The whole way home Jackson had been thinking about what the note could be, was it from Youngjae himself and Mark was simply the messenger or was it from Mark, who had something to say about Youngjae? Jackson got home and headed straight to his room. There in the privacy of his home, he took the note and unfolded it.

“Jackson, I am only doing this because I know that you and Youngjae have some sort of history and while I promised my friends that I wouldn’t meddle and leave it alone, I just can’t anymore. Youngjae is not the same person since you showed up again in his life after so long. I know that he wants to clear things with you, but is not ready to face you, please understand him, that is why he turns away when you are around or when you get in his way. So, I’m asking to give it another try. Push yourself into his life no matter what he says. I know Youngjae and I’m sure you do as well, so remember that with enough pressure he will give eventually. Good luck and please don’t ever say anything about this to him or Jinyoung.”

Jackson sat on his bed for a few minutes thinking over what Mark had said in his note; he did have a point and clear understanding of his and Youngjae’s situation. Maybe Jackson shouldn’t be thinking about going back home and forgetting about Youngjae, maybe he should be out there trying to think of ways to make Youngjae at the very least listen to what he has to say. With a resolve in mind, Jackson got off his bed and went down stairs. His mother was always on guard, keeping track of when he got home or where he went after school.

“Mom,” Jackson greeted his mother who was now on the living room couch. His mother turned to look at her son and greeted him with a warm smile.

“How was school today, did you make any new friends?”

“Yeah, I think I did.” Jackson recalled the note and Mark, maybe Mark could be his way into Youngjae’s life. Jackson stepped into the kitchen to grab the car keys and headed for the door, but was stopped by his ever concerned mother.

“Jackson, where are you going?” Jackson knew that without a good excuse, his mother wouldn’t let this go easily.

“I – I’m going to a friend’s house to study.” His mother looked at him suspiciously. “We have a test and I need a study partner. I’ll be back soon don’t worry.”

“Fine, but you make sure you come back for dinner,” his mother said getting off the couch to hug her son goodbye and wish him luck.

“Okay I will.” Jackson hugged his mother back and headed out the door towards the car that was parked in the driveway.

“Be careful on the road, and call me when you get to this friend’s house, I want to speak to his parents.” Jackson stopped and tensed at the statement. If he got in the car and drove off, then he would have no choice but to go through with his initial plan to go to Youngjae’s house unannounced. His mother would expect to speak to Youngjae’s mother or father just so that she could rest easy knowing that her son was safe and where he said he was going.

“Mom!”

“Jackson, what have I said about shouting? Now, are you going or coming back in the house? You know I can help you study if that’s all you need.”

“Nope, thank you. I’ll call you when I’m there. Thanks mom.” Jackson got in the car and didn’t look back.


Youngjae was never the type of person to stress over school work. He was always top of the class and always did his work, his homework and on top of that, he was one of the few students who actually studied on a daily basis. He never got the point of why so many other students chose to make school feel like hell on earth; it was all rather simple, open a notebook or book and read.

His after school daily activity was interrupted when the door bell rung. It was odd because he didn’t think it was either Jinyoung or Mark that might be the ones at the door, they knew better than to even try getting Youngjae to acknowledge them when he was busy studying. Youngjae decided to take a small break and go down and see who was at the door. When he reached the door, his heart suddenly started beating rapidly, as if by instinct, his heart was telling him that whoever was on the other side of the door was not a nice person. Youngjae flung the door wide open.

There on his front door stood Jackson all tall, handsome, and awkward. Youngjae felt out of breath because he never imagined that Jackson would ever show up at his front door again, but even more shocking, Youngjae didn’t even think that Jackson would remember where he lived. After a few minutes of awkward silence from both sides, Jackson decided to take initiative and speak first.

“Hi,” Jackson said nervous and shy at the same time. Youngjae had no words, but where he lacked words, his mother always had something to say about any situation; she stepped into the living room at that moment.

“Youngjae, who’s there?” Mrs. Choi called from the living room. She got to the door and pushed Youngjae aside to see who it was. Her initial reaction was shock, but she knew that this day would come eventually, Jackson had returned and that meant that so did his parents. “Jackson, is that you?” Mrs. Choi put up the most pleasant face she could to greet the boy that she knew so many years back. Jackson glanced at Mrs. Choi and greeted her with a smile because the lady had not changed one bit, or so he thought.

“Hello Ma’am, it’s nice to see you again.” Jackson bowed out of respect to the lady he had come to consider a second mother. Mrs. Choi smiled and walked over to Jackson.

“Jackson, it’s been so long, look at you all grown up.” Mrs. Choi smiled and gestured for Jackson to come into the house. Jackson side-eyed Youngjae for some sort of sign that told him to leave immediately, but none came. Jackson stepped into the house he was all too familiar with, and then Mrs. Choi was pulling him into an embrace. The hug threw Jackson off because he was not expecting that at all, but he returned the gesture none the less; this woman had been nothing but kind to him when he was younger.

“Yeah, thank you Mrs. Choi,” Jackson said pulling away from her and stepping back, closer to Youngjae. Mrs. Choi looked at Jackson and then at her son, the memories came rushing back, all that history there, between them and between their families.

“Youngjae, why didn’t you tell me that Jackson had returned?” Youngjae looked nervously between his mom and Jackson because this further proved that he was doing everything possible to ignore Jackson and keep him out of his life, hence his mother not knowing anything.

“I – I didn’t? Yeah –” Youngjae tried to explain himself to his mom, but then Jackson was stepping in and covering for him.

“It’s okay Mrs. Choi, I asked him to keep my return a secret, I didn’t want any attention or anything, you understand right?” Youngjae looked in awe towards Jackson who seemed to sure of himself and then to his mother who looked like she was buying right into Jackson’s little speech.

“Come on Jackson, we can study in my room,” Youngjae stated grabbing Jackson’s hand and pulling him along towards his room.

“Oh, it was nice to see you again Mrs. Choi,” Jackson called to her while being pulled by Youngjae up towards his room.

 

When Youngjae entered his room with Jackson in hand, he stopped in the middle, not letting go his hand because it felt so right, to be holding his hand and just to be touching him after so many years, it all just felt right. After a few moments of no movement, Jackson decided to speak and make this a bit less uncomfortable for the both of them because he was sure that Youngjae was furious for his showing up unannounced to his home like that.

“Youngjae,” Jackson said almost whispering, not wanting to break this moment or make it any worse. He gripped Youngjae’s hand a bit stronger, “Youngjae, can we talk?” In that moment Youngjae seemed to come back to himself and let go of Jackson’s hand, he turned back to stare into his face and then he moved away to close his bedroom door, locking it because Jackson wasn’t going to leave the house until Youngjae was content with a proper explanation as to why he had left and why he was back.


A/N: Here is a small late update, but sorry I've been busy? Well i hope you all enjoy this and all that I will be having some side MarkJin later on as a sort of filler? IDK but yeah it wont be anything special or anything but still...

OK well plz comment and let me know your thoughts or whatevez 

P.S. Im currently trying to learn Korean so wish me luck! 

tumblr_inline_n63eyxu0zp1rim660.gif