Fifteen

I'll Be There

College acceptance letters is what all the school was talking about. Students were running to their friends and congratulating each other, some even making plans to go to the same school as soon as they got a notice from said schools. Youngjae and his friends were no exception. They met up and talked about the schools they had heard from. Mark and Jinyoung had been accepted into two of the same schools and they shared one of those with Youngjae. Youngjae on the other hand had three acceptance letters already and Jackson had none.

"Don't worry man, I'm sure you'll hear from someone soon enough," Mark said trying to uplift his mood.

"Maybe it's because this is your first year here," Jinyoung added more words of comfort.

"Yeah, maybe," Jackson said. This is not where he had envisioned his life a year ago but now he had to try his best to get into a school here; going back home and leaving Youngjae once more was not an option, even if he did have a better chance back in Hong Kong.

"Have you decided what school you'll go to Jinyoung," Youngjae asked.

"I'm thinking one of the two I've been accepted to. It would be great if we all went to the same school, right Mark?" Jinyoung said turning to his boyfriend.

"Uh, yeah but, Jackson..." Mark said trying to avoid eye contact with said male or Youngjae who was glaring at him.

"Can we not talk about school anymore?" Jackson asked because all that talk was making him feel depressed and mad that he was the only one who hadn't received a letter of acceptance.

"Let's talk about where we want to go for our senior filed trip," Mark said reminding the guys that voting for a place to go would take place that week. "I personally would love to go to Japan for our field trip but I know the complications that can come with that so I don’t think that’ll happen.”

“Yeah I was thinking Japan as well but it’s true, most parents wouldn’t let their kids go to Japan anyway, I know my mom wouldn’t let me,” Youngjae said. “I guess the camping trip is the second best.”

“Camping trip?” Jackson asked, he wasn’t too sure on the options, but whatever Youngjae wanted, he was sure that he would like it as well.

“We can choose to go on a camping trip to the mountains for three whole days,” Jinyoung added.

“Oh cool, I’ve never been camping before,” Jackson said earning stares from his friends. “What? Do I have something on my face?” Jackson made to wipe at his face.

“It’s just that everyone has been on a camping trip at least once in their life,” Mark said, “even our very own Youngjae has gone camping.” Youngjae nodded in agreement.

“Well I haven’t, sorry to disappoint,” Jackson said mildly irritated that once again he was the only one that hadn’t done something everyone else had already done.

“Ok then let’s all vote for camping, we can tell everyone we know to vote the same and we might just make this happen. Besides, I doubt anyone will vote for amusement park, we can got there any time we want, why spend our senior trip on that, right?” said Youngjae. Everyone agreed in silence and then it was time for class so they made their way to the rest of the school.


Youngjae and Jinyoung were excited for the camping trip that weekend. The votes were in and they were out doing some shopping; buying all the necessities for camp and S’mores. Youngjae wanted to make sure that this was the most perfect camping trip that Jackson went on and he was going all out in getting everything required to make that happen.

“You think I should buy two bags of marshmallows or is one enough?” Youngjae asked Jinyoung who was too busy deciding on what kind of chips to buy.

“I think you got it covered. Besides, I think simply spending time with you will be enough for Jackson,” Jinyoung stated. “Gross.” Youngjae smiled because it was always like this, Jinyoung saying something nice and sweet about him and Jackson and having to make it sound gross at the end because it involved Jackson.

“Yeah I suppose you’re right.” Youngjae pulled an extra bag of marshmallows into his basket just to be on safe side. As Youngjae and Jinyoung made their way to the counter to pay, Youngjae’s phone rang; it was his mother, probably calling in to check on him.

“Hello,” Youngjae said as cute as he could be, but his mother’s response was anything but.

“You’re with him, aren’t you?” Mrs. Choi said on the other line furious.

“What, with who?” Youngjae asked with a tremble in his voice. It wasn’t like his mother to sound so upset; maybe he should have said something to her instead of sneaking out.

“Don’t play games with me young man. Are you with that boy again?” Mrs. Choi reiterated. Youngjae looked at Jinyoung who seemed to have caught on that something was not right, he moved towards Youngjae close enough that he could hear Youngjae’s mother yelling on the other side. 

“No mom, I’m at the store with Jinyoung,” Youngjae tried to explain. He had messed up in sneaking out of the house without her knowing and now she was over reacting.

“Liar! Let me speak with him,” Mrs. Choi ordered from the other side. Youngjae held his phone out to Jinyoung who quickly took it and greeted Mrs. Choi in the friendliest manner that he could.

“Hello Mrs. Choi, this is Jinyoung,” he said into the receiver while eyeing Youngjae for some sort of sign.

“Jinyoung is the other boy there with you as well?” Mrs. Choi insisted.

“What, no, it’s just Youngjae and I Mrs. Choi,” Jinyoung tried to assure her but she was dead set on Jackson being there.

“Don’t you go covering for them as well Jinyoung!” Mrs. Choi stated, “Now I’m going to ask you one more time, is he there as well?”

“No I told you –” Jinyoung said but was cut off when Youngjae reached and took the phone from his hands.

“Mom, what’s gotten into you?” Youngjae asked.

“You’re lying to me Youngjae and you have never had to sneak out without telling me. This is all because of him, ever since he came back you have changed son, I really wished you would have stayed away from that family. His of a mother…” Mrs. Choi was now sobbing into the line.

“Mom –” Youngjae tried again.

“All I have tried to do is protect you, to keep you away from him –keep you away from the truth Youngjae.” Youngjae was starting to really worry about his mother because he had never seen her act the way she was right now. It was nothing new that she didn’t really like Jackson because although she had never really stated it, she had hinted that she would rather Youngjae be with someone else rather than Jackson.

“Mom please calm down,” Youngjae said placing his basket down on the floor and quickly making his way out of the store; he had to get home to his mother. Jinyoung picked the basket and followed Jinyoung up to the front.

“Call me when you get home,” Jinyoung stated though he wasn’t sure Youngjae had heard him.


A/N: I'm alive for those that care ;)

OK so I have been working on something else for someone hehe and its been taking my time sort of but i hope you guys like this and know that im still here writing and i will get to this faster i hope because yey i want to finish this maybe by next month i hope

OK comment and let me know what you guy think and what you think is going to happen IDK ok bye and look forward to more updates and more sotries yes?