Eight

I'll Be There

The week was halfway done and Youngjae found himself starting to panic. Being a senior in high school meant that college was just a few months away and applications were being submitted at the moment. He still didn't know where he wanted to go. Up until Jackson showed up he had the idea of going abroad to study, but now there was something inside him that told him that this was the time, it was the opportunity he had always wished for to get, he could now be reunited with Jackson and they could be friends again, be there for one another like old times. The question still stood, where was he going to go for school?

Thursday rolled in and Youngjae found himself in the college counselor's office, he really needed some professional help in making his decision about what schools to apply for. When he got to the office he found himself waiting in line, but even worse he found himself face to face with Jackson, what were the odds? Youngjae slowly made his way to the line of students sitting and waiting for their turn to go into the office. Jackson was sitting next to a girl who looked as nervous as Youngjae felt and then she was the only thing that separated Jackson and Youngjae. 

As the line of students moved on, Youngjae noticed the room was reduced to just himself, the girl before him and Jackson, who was next in line. The college counselor came out of her office with the student she had just been helping and signaled for Jackson to come in. Jackson got up and turned back to look at the girl who would be next and Youngjae who was sitting quietly next to her.

"Ladies first," said Jackson signaling the girl to go first. The girl reacted slowly and shyly.

"What? No it's okay you go."

"That's so sweet of you young man," the counselor said to Jackson, "come on in Miss," she signaled the girl to follow her into the office. 

When the office door closed, Jackson and Youngjae were left alone, just and empty chair separating the two of them, the awkward silence palpable. After what seemed like ages of silence, Jackson, again, was the first to make conversation. 

"So you can't decide what school to go to as well huh?" Jackson said looking at Youngjae who was still very much avoiding him. Jackson fell back to his seat thinking if maybe Youngjae was more upset because of what happened at his house. "Youngjae, about what happened —"

"You win," Youngjae said flatly.

"What?" Jackson was thrown off by Youngjae's sudden conversational skills; he was starting to think that Youngjae couldn't really speak after all. 

"We start over, the past is history, deleted, we begin anew and see where this relationship goes," Youngjae stated finally looking at Jackson in the eye. The latter seemed a tad confused but he quickly caught on. Jackson wasn't as dumb as he made himself out to be. 

"You want to start fresh, as if we had never met?"

"Yes, this way I too get a due over without the additional baggage. I won't hold back any longer Jackson, like I said I want to see where this relationship goes." Youngjae swallowed hard because he couldn't believe himself right now. Where was all this courage to speak coming from. He thought that maybe it had something to do with the environment he was in, an office and a counselor, it felt like therapy, except it was anything but. Youngjae was simply wrapping all those feelings he had inside and throwing them away, throwing them deep into the recesses of his mind where he truly hopped they would never come out because this was his final chance. This was the time to really, truly put himself out there for Jackson because although he said they would start fresh, Youngjae couldn't deny the fact that he was attracted to the new kid in class.


“So have you figured out where you want to go for college Mark?” Youngjae asked when they were all sitting at their usual place during lunch. Mark made a loud grunting noise because he hated talking about college, it only made him feel more pressure. Jingyoung and Youngjae laughed at him and left it at that.

“Youngjae,” Jinyoung said quickly glancing at Mark as if signaling him where the conversation was going. “Mark and I were talking and we think that maybe you should –”

“Hey, fresh meat!” Youngjae interrupted what Jinyoung was going to say to call the attention of the boy that was walking by past them. Jinyoung and Mark looked up to see who it was that Youngjae was calling at; their eyes looked as if they would pop out of their heads any second now.

Jackson was confused as to what he should do. He didn’t know if he should acknowledge Youngjae at the moment or leave him be. After their talk the other day he was left feeling relieved that Youngjae had decided to talk to him, but it also left him a bit confused as to how to act around him; would Jackson have to pretend like he absolutely didn’t know anything about Youngjae? Still, Jackson made his way towards Youngjae and his friends.

“You’re in our class right?” Youngjae asked Jackson when he was in front of the group. Jinyoung and Mark looked beyond confused.

“Yeah, I’m new around here,” said Jackson.

“Youngjae?” Jinyoung called for his friend because he wasn’t sure what the hell was going on here.

“Oh, sorry, rude, I know. Hi, I’m Youngjae and these two are my friends Jinyoung and Mark, they are in the same class.”

“Hi, nice to meet you, I’m Jackson,” he said waving hello to both males.

“Yeah we’ve met. Youngjae, what the is going on here?” Jinyoung demanded to know before his brain fried itself trying to think of a reason why Youngjae was talking to Jackson all of a sudden.

“What are you talking about? I’m just introducing us to Jackson here; it’s the polite thing to do when someone is new around here.” Youngjae was internally fighting his emotions because this was a bit difficult to do, but he thought he was doing wonderful all things considered.

“No, I mean why now, what did he do to you this time?” Jinyoung asked, but when Youngjae didn’t say anything, Jinyoung got off the ground and attacked Jackson. “What did you say to him?” Mark and Youngjae got up to pull Jinyoung away from Jackson before things escalated any further.

“Jinyoung! Stop, come on,” Mark ordered for Jinyoung to stop trying to get to Jackson. Mark noticed how a small crowed had started to form around them with pairs of eyes eyeing them from afar.

“Sorry about that Jackson, I think Jinyoung here is a bit jealous right now. I think he has a crush on me,” Youngjae said jokingly.

“What!” came in unison from his two friends who looked at him, their confused looks outdoing the ones they had a few minutes ago.

“It was nice to meet you Jackson. See you around okay.” Youngjae began pulling Jinyoung along heading in the opposite direction of Jackson; Mark followed close behind, looking at the way Youngjae was holding on to Jinyoung’s hand as they made their way towards the back of the school.

 

When they reached the back field, Jinyoung was the one to pull Youngjae this time. He dragged the male to a corner of the back building where he slammed him up against it, not to careful at the moment. Youngjae let out a painful sound as his back connected with the wall.

“Spill it, now!” Jinyoung demanded to know what the hell that little show was back there with Jackson and why was Youngjae talking to him now, why the change of heart.

“Ouch, that hurt you know,” Youngjae said grabbing Jinyoung’s hands and pushing him away. “I talked to Jackson.”

“No , I think we all saw that little show,” Jinyoung stated.

“No I mean before that. I told him I would give him a chance to start fresh –as if we didn’t know each other,” Youngjae explained.

“Oh,” Jinyoung simply said feeling a bit stupid at the moment for over reacting the way he did.

“Yeah, so back there, that was me trying to follow through with it. It hurt like hell but I did it, right,” Youngjae said with eyes starting to water a bit. “I managed to pull it off without it being too weird.”

“Oh Youngjae,” Jinyoung said moving to hug Youngjae and give him the support he desperately needed at the moment. Mark looked at them and then turned around to see if anyone else was looking and then turned back to be met with Youngjae’s eyes staring at him; Mark avoided his gaze until Jinyoung let go of him. “So you’re okay right, there won’t be any weirdness between you two, or us?”

“I hope not because I’m counting on you guys to be there for moral support, you know, in case I want to back out,” Youngjae stated looking at his two friends.

“I think we should start heading back, class will start any moment now,” Mark said trying to get out of there. He was feeling a bit annoyed at the moment and part of him didn’t want to deal with Youngjae’s crap at the moment.

“You’re right, we should go.” Jinyoung began leading the pack back to the classroom, followed by Mark and then Youngjae.

“Mark, wait,” Youngjae called out for him to stop, but so did Jinyoung. “Can I talk to you a bit?”

“What’s wrong?” Jinyoung asked.

“Oh it’s nothing, why don’t you go on ahead and we’ll catch up in a sec. I want to talk to Mark about something.”

“Okay, sure.” Jinyoung gave Mark one last look before he turned back and started walking.

“So what’s up?” Mark inquired once Jinyoung was gone.

“Just tell him already.”

“Tell who what?” Mark exclaimed not knowing what Youngjae was referring to.

“Come on Mark, I think it’s obvious to everyone except you two. I saw you when Jinyoung was hugging me, you were jealous, weren’t you?”

“What, me jealous, why would I be jealous,” Mark tried saying that without sounding nervous and shaky.

“Just admit that you like him and ask him out already.” Youngjae only hoped that he could help his friends out because it was evident that they were not about to confess their feelings to one another if someone else didn’t tell them that the other felt the same way. Youngjae just figured that they would realize their feelings soon enough, but seeing Mark right now like if his chance with Jinyoung were slipping away, it didn’t feel right.

“What? What makes you think that I –is it that obvious?” Mark declared giving up in trying to put up pretenses.

“Yes I think I just said that it’s clear to everyone except you two. I mean come on both of you get asked out by all these girls and none of you have ever said yes to any of them, why do you think that it?”

“I don’t know, because we’re not interested…”

“And because you know deep down that the one for you is Jinyoung and I’m most certain that he feels the same way,” said Youngjae. Mark stood there thinking everything over and it made sense. As far as he went, he always rejected the people that confessed to him because he could always sense Jinyoung getting mad at him and he did the same when someone confessed to Jinyoung, but that was because Jinyoung was his friend and no one else could have him; except for Youngjae, he was Jinyoung’s friend first so he was a rare exception because even with him, Mark always got a bit jealous when they were close, physically.

“What about you huh, are you really going to stand there and talk to me about confessing when you are the one that is ignoring Jackson.” Mark now understood to an extent why Youngjae was the way he was with Jackson, the guy had hurt him and what hurt more was the fact that Youngjae liked the guy and he had left him.

“I’m working on that,” said Youngjae. The bell rang at that moment and they both had to cut their conversation short because if they didn’t run like hell, they would be late.

“Okay then, we do this together, you help me and I’ll help you, deal?”

“Deal, now let’s run or we’ll be late.” Youngjae took off in a sprint followed by Mark who was calling for him to wait up. 


A/N: I know this might seem all over the place and if it is i do appologize for that BUT anyways ok we are having progress now, right?

Dont judge me on how this goes... well the start i mean, i want to just bygones be bygones (is that even right?) and well there it is ok then Im going to go and write some more right now... How many like JB because he is coming back into the story soon enough but he wont be sticking around much... i think IDK

Bye!~

P.S. gawd ive been reading some markjin and *screams* Jinyoung is just too ------ 

tumblr_inline_n63egqOI3n1rim660.gif

P.P.S. Sorry for all the mistakes i make, wether punctuatuion or spelling, but I try to correct it all as best i can