Six

I'll Be There

Youngjae didn’t know what to do. He regretted grabbing Jackson’s hand and dragging him all the way up to his room, and locking his door. Youngjae looked over Jackson’s shoulder to see that the door was in fact still locked and Jackson was in the way of Youngjae potentially trying to make a run for it. Here they both were after so long and it felt like they were the most awkward people in the planet. No one dared to speak and be the first to say something; they simply stood in the center of the room staring into one another. Youngjae saw the defined features Jackson had and he now clearly saw that Jackson had become more handsome with time and he also looked more mature, still had that feel of a child, but he seemed quite matured.

Youngjae on the other hand had grown taller as well. He was fully grown though he truly believed that he would still grow a few more inches because he couldn’t be that short all his life he thought. Personality wise, Jackson thought that Youngjae had become cold and reserved compared to his childhood friend. Jackson didn’t blame him for that though, he thought that maybe his leaving him had caused Youngjae to shut himself from others and put up this wall to protect himself from getting hurt again. Jackson felt the pain and he could also see the wounds that he had left on his friend, but there was no way of making those scares go away completely, all Jackson could do now was be there and prevent Youngjae from ever getting hurt again.

Jackson stopped looking and Youngjae for a moment and focused on the room. There were no longer toys littering the room, but books and pictures of places, cities and museums from all around the world. There was a picture that caught Jackson’s attention immediately because he knew that city, it was his home, Hong Kong. He walked towards the wall that help the picture with tape and ripped it right off. Jackson sat on Youngjae’s bed like old times, no need to ask permission for anything because that was his house as well, or at least it was once upon a time.

“You would like Hong Kong Youngjae,” Jackson said while holding the picture and staring at it. Youngjae was staring at Jackson because he had moved all of a sudden and had gone around his room looking at his personal belongings without permission and on top of that he had had the audacity to rip off a picture from his wall. “It’s beautiful, the night life is great too, and the food.” Jackson got off the bed and placed the picture back on the wall and he continued looking around.

“Are these all the places you want to visit some day?” Jackson asked, stopping to face Youngjae who had his head looking down, avoiding Jackson’s gaze. Youngjae was furious because how dare Jackson walk in to his house and pretend like the past six years hadn’t happened, as if they could just pick up where they left off.

“,” Youngjae said still averting his gaze, “you leave and come back expecting me to be the same, to welcome you into my home –”

“Youngjae –”

“What! You can’t say you have a perfect explanation as to why you felt like that? I looked for you and called your house a thousand times, but you never bothered leaving a note at the very least,” Youngjae was now looking right into Jackson’s eyes with tears spilling. Jackson couldn’t face Youngjae like this, he couldn’t bare looking at him cry because it only made it that much worse thinking that he had done this so many times in the past.

“I’m sorry Youngjae, but you have to understand –”

“I do! I do understand believe me, I understand why you left or had to leave. What I don’t understand is why you never bothered saying goodbye or perhaps checking in and letting me know how your life was going in Hong Kong. Did I not matter that much to you, Jackson?” More spilled tears.

“Youngjae,” Jackson said moving closer towards him.

“Don’t! Please don’t…” Youngjae said stepping away and holding his hands out in an effort to stop Jackson from coming any closer. Jackson stood in his place not daring to move at Youngjae’s command. After a few moments, Youngjae collected himself enough to stop crying. “You know, it’s funny how after all this time, you still actually remembered who I was even after me thinking that you had probably forgotten me. Then that day in class you show up just like that and even have the audacity to say my name.” Jackson didn’t speak because he somehow expected to get permission to speak first, but when none came after a few seconds, he took the risk.

“I never forgot you, you know. No matter what you think or if you believe me or not, but this was hard for me too. In case you forgot, but you were my best friend as well. Leaving you and going back to a strange place was difficult for me too.” Jackson stopped there because he wasn’t sure if his next thoughts were okay to say out loud. Youngjae didn’t need to be troubled with the thoughts of Jackson’s past, or how he went through a dark time right after leaving him. “I didn’t exactly live a happy life there you know, I went through some difficult times…”

Youngjae was quiet and unmoving. He was listening to what Jackson had to say without interrupting him just out of respect and decency, but all this talk about him having a hard time as well going through a dark time, whatever that meant, it was making Youngjae feel slightly guilty for putting all the blame on Jackson, after all, it’s not like Jackson could have done anything to stop his parents from moving, he was only a kid back then, they both were.

“I would never hurt you on purpose Youngjae, you know that. I care too much about you to do that to you, but given the circumstances, I have done just that and the only thing I can ask is that you forgive me and let me try again. Let me be there for you again, let me be your friend again,” Jackson said still rooted to his place. He waited for Youngjae to say something, anything really, he would even accept a no and walk away, but all Youngjae did was stand there like always, ignoring everything that came out of Jackson’s mouth.

Jackson gave up, maybe when he got home he would talk to his parents and ask them to let him return back to Hong Kong; there might be some minor problems being that he was the one most eager to return, but now being back he could finally see that that friendship he thought was so strong and special to him was not as strong nor special to Youngjae. Jackson gave the room one final glance before his eyes returned to Youngjae’s body that stood in the way of him leaving. With a heavy heart, Jackson walked towards Youngjae, stopping in front of him and looking him over, he reached his hands around him and pulled him into a hug because he wanted one final hug, he needed to feel Youngjae’s presence close to him one last time. Jackson let go of Youngjae only to bring his hands up to his face, he cupped Youngjae’s head and lifted his eyes to meet Jackson’s, then Jackson gave him a quick kiss on the lips. “I love you.” He let go of Youngjae’s body all together and headed for the door; that was the reason why it had hurt so much in the first place, Jackson was in love with his best friend all this time and here he was now kissing him goodbye.


A/N: Hello all, here is a small update and I might update tomorrow again, but IDK yet...

So like i was reading this to like kind of proof read and all that jazz, and I know that im kind of making Youngjae seem like a crybaby or whatever but thats it, i wont make him weak any more i promise... also im so excited for this because i have the plot already planed out so its all about writing it out hehehe (I hope you love plot twists and what not)

OK well comment or dont IDK (it will make my day if you do) and see you next time :) 

tumblr_n7lqtuPVuu1tpsazyo4_500.gif