Seventeen

I'll Be There

Youngjae and Jaebum were walking at a slow constant pace back to their shared cabin; Jaebum walking just one step behind Youngjae keeping a close eye on him.

Youngjae's mind was racing with thoughts of Jackson, his mother and her lies, of his brother. A brother he now knew he had but had died, a brother he had shared with Jackson. Where did that put them? Were they brothers as well or half brothers? There was no way Youngjae could be sure of that. But he did know that the only blood he and Jackson did share once was now gone and that same blood was the reason why his best friend from childhood had abandoned him and cause him so much pain.

Youngjae whimpered and wiped a tear away because he was remembering how much he had cried when Jackson's brother had died; Youngjae would tell himself that he had no right to cry over him when in fact he did. Jaebum noted the action and hesitated for a second before he continued.

"You okay?" Jaebum said making sure he kept his distance. Youngjae tensed up a bit because he had forgotten about Jaebum or the fact that he was right there with him. Youngjae stopped and Jaebum almost bumped into him.

"Jaebum," Youngjae called him by his name, not turning back to look at him. Jaebum looked up at him surprised to hear his actual name being called. "What would you do, if you found out that your boyfriend and you shared a half brother?"

"Well I don't have one of those," Jaebum tried at a joke but regretted it immediately; now wasn't the time to be joking. "Personally, I don't think it would change things between us. At least I wouldn't let it happen on my part," Jaebum said seriously now. "You shouldn't either," he added as an afterthought. Youngjae turned to face him.

He froze. Youngjae froze on the spot, not knowing what to do or say. Jaebum turned back to see what it was that had Youngjae's attention. It was Jackson, how long he had been there, no one knew.

"Half brother," Jackson said, tears building up in his eyes, voice shaky. "My brother Joon..."

"Jackson," Youngjae managed to whisper just loud enough that Jaebum was just able to catch it.

"Is it true, Youngjae, everything I just heard you say, is it really true?" Jackson asked stepping forward very slow. Youngjae didn't answer with words, but his teary eyes told Jackson it was all true. Jackson stepped forward once more but the his time Jaebum placed himself right in front of him, blocking his view of Youngjae.

"That's enough," Jaebum said firmly. Youngjae stared at his back, Jaebum's protective stance blocking him from Jackson's pain filled eyes. "I told you to give Youngjae space, now you know why." Jaebum looked back at Youngjae who was standing there silently crying, he turned back to Jackson who seemed to be doing everything possible to hold back any tears. "You should probably take a little break yourself."

Jackson tried looking past Jaebum to see if that was what Youngjae wanted, did he want to break up like this? Jackson wanted to talk about this figure out what was really going on and more importantly figure out if what Youngjae had said was true because if it was then...

"Youngjae we have to talk about this," Jackson said looking in his direction but all he could see was Jaebum. Youngjae was fighting the urge to go to Jackson and hug him tell him that everything was okay but he knew that it wasn't. "Please, Youngjae." Jackson's voice sounded so broken at the moment that Youngjae instinctively stepped to the side to get past Jaebum and go to his boyfriend's— go to Jackson's side. Jaebum held a hand out stopping him midway; Youngjae looked like a child half hiding behind their mother.

"You should go," Jaebum said firmly once more. His hand was still holding Youngjae back but if Youngjae really wanted to get to Jackson, he could easily move aside and walk to him, but at the moment Youngjae was actually glad Jaebum was there helping him out like he had promised. 'I'll help you make the hard decisions even if you don't want to,' Jaebum had said to him back on the bus.

"Jackson!" Jinyoung called out as he and Mark raced to where he was standing. Jinyoung saw Jaebum standing there along with what looked like a frightened Youngjae hiding behind him. Jinyoung took a hold of Jackson's right arm, preventing him from moving any closer towards Youngjae; Mark grabbed the other side and did the same, though judging by how tensed the atmosphere seemed, he thought Jackson couldn't possibly move even if he wanted to.

"I told you two to keep him away," Jaebum said pointing at Mark and Jinyoung. He dropped the hand he had been using to stop Youngjae from running towards Jackson and used it to grab Youngjae's hand instead. Jaebum dragged Youngjae towards their cabin which was only a few feet away; now everyone knew where they were staying.

Jinyoung watched as Jaebum pulled his friend away from them and as much as it pained him to watch Youngjae like that, he knew well enough to leave the guy alone for now; Youngjae would come to him whenever he was ready to share his troubles and Jinyoung would be there to help.

After a moment, when it was all calm outside and a few seconds had passed since Jaebum disappeared into his cabin with Youngjae in hand, Mark pulled on Jackson's arm to lead him back to their own cabin.

"Come on Jackson, let's get you to bed," Mark said playfully while tugging at his arm, Jackson didn't budge from his place.

"Did you know?" Jackson asked the both of them; he was facing the floor because he didn't really want them to see him like that, emotional. Jinyoung and Mark looked at one another to see if they had an idea of what Jackson was talking about. Jackson looked up and stared ahead at the cabin Youngjae had gone into. "Did you know Youngjae and I were brothers?" Jackson faced Mark and then Jinyoung both releasing their hold on him simultaneously. "I'll take that as a yes," Jackson said stepping forward.

"Jackson wait," Mark called for him, "what do you mean you're brothers?"

Jackson turned to face them, he stared as Jinyoung because if there was someone who knew, it would be him. "Are you going to lie to my face and say you didn't know?" Jackson said.

Mark looked at Jinyoung. "Jin?"

"No, I didn't know," Jinyoung said to Mark, then he turned to Jackson. "Youngjae never said anything about being your brother, but would you care to elaborate on that?" Jackson scoffed.

"What's there to say, you know as much as I do, friend," Jackson said, the word friend escaping his lips with a hint of venom because now he thought that Jinyoung and Mark were never truly his friends, they were Youngjae's friends to begin with. Jackson walked away from Mark and Jinyoung, headed towards their cabin to grab his things because he was going home, now.


“Jackson, can we talk about what’s going on?” Jinyoung said as he entered the cabin room just a few steps behind Jackson. Mark like always was only a few seconds behind. Jackson scanned the room for his bag; someone was supposed to get their bags and place them in their assigned rooms. “Jackson!” Jinyoung shouted irritated because he did not like being ignored.

Mark flinch a little startled by Jinyoung’s shout. He had never heard Jinyoung raise his voice so high or sound so mad like he was at the moment. “Jinyoung –” Mark tried to crab his hand and pull him a little backwards to keep some distance from Jackson, but Jinyoung step forward and Mark missed his chance.

“You’re not leaving until you talk to us,” Jinyoung said demandingly. Jackson turned to face him, then Mark who seemed to be blocking the entrance but that was just where he had been standing the whole time.

“Are you going to try and keep me here against my will?” Jackson asked. He turned back and went to search under the bed.

“If that’s what it takes for you to calm down and talk to us, then yes. We have all weekend.” Jackson pulled out the bag from under the bed, but it wasn’t his so he moved to the bed opposite and got the right one.

“Yeah, well good luck with that.” Jackson opened the bag and pulled the ingredients needed to make S’mores: chocolate, marshmallows, and the crackers, and placed them on top of the bed. “Give those to Youngjae when you see him,” Jackson added as an afterthought.

Mark looked at the contents on the bed. “Jackson, talk to us, we’re your friends,” Mark said in an attempt to help Jinyoung and Jackson.

“Are you!” Jackson exploded, furious to keep hearing that from them because they were a bunch of liars. “Are you really my friend Mark? When have you come and talked to me of your own accord? And you Jinyoung, when have we talked for more than ten minutes that you didn't bring up Youngjae. You see, you guys are always there for Youngjae and I get it you've been his friend the longest but I would have thought that you could have learnt to show me the same friendship by now."

Jackson grabbed his bag and headed for the door but Jinyoung moved to block his path.

"Because I am your friend I will let all that just now be put in the past and move forward but I will not let you walk out of this like this," Jinyoung said. Jackson stared him down, his eyes red stained. Jinyoung felet bad to be doing this to him but it made him mad to know that Jackson thought that he and Mark weren't Jackson's friends as well

"If you guys are really my friends then you'll let me leave right now," Jackson said looking from Jinyoung to Mark who was a bit back. "I need my own space right now. You understand." Jinyoung swallowed and averted Jackson's gaze as he stepped to the side to let him pass.

"I don't really know what's going on between you and Youngjae but we are here for you, the both of you," Jinyoung said. Jackson walked onward where Mark stood blocking the doorway.

"Never question our friendship towards you," Mark said as he stepped to the side to let Jackson get to the door. Jackson reached for the door and Jinyoung turned to look at his back.

"Jackson," Jinyoung called a bit more calm now, "can you at least tell us where you're going?" Jackson stopped and thought of that for a moment.

"Home, I need to know the truth and there is only one person who can provide answers," Jackson said and then he was gone.


A/N: Long time no see right? Hello all I hope that you are all still there lolz 
sorry that I havent posted as much as I would like but I am so busy nowadays that I dont have time to write as much as I would like but enough of excuses
Here is this small chaper which is just about all I have written K bye have a nice one and sorry for typos & all that
 
P.S. Is anyone else watching 발칙하게고고/Sassy GoGo omg I ing Love that so much right now
tumblr_nwahltj4a11rvy9jpo6_500.gif tumblr_nwahltj4a11rvy9jpo3_500.gif