Seven

I'll Be There

Hi :) everyone, this will be a short little filler type of chapter, some MarkJin for you all so i hope you enjoy it.


Jinyoung was happy, well not happy because that would be slightly selfish of him, but he was glad that Youngjae had said no when he invited him to come to the movies with him and Mark. Mark had called and asked him to come with him and Jinyoung said yes, this could be their first chance to talk about Youngjae and what happened in his room; the slightly awkward conversation they had about Mark and Jinyoung potentially liking him a bit more than just a friend. Of course, they would also discuss Youngjae and Jackson and if they should maybe make attempts to get them to talk things out and at the most clear any misunderstandings that the both might have.

The movie had gone great, it was an animated movie and judging by appearance, it would seem like Jinyoung and Mark would be watching something a bit more grown up, but they both seemed to agree that that was the perfect movie at the time, something fun and entertaining. As they made their way out of the movie theatre, Jinyoung thought about his friend, he recalled when they first met and how Youngjae always kept to himself, never bothering to talk to others or make friends. It all made sense now, the reason Youngjae had decided to keep away from people that could potentially hurt him if they ever left, but Jinyoung liked challenges and he promised that he would make Youngjae be his friend and he would make it his life mission that Youngjae got out of his little bubble and went out and made friends, or that he at least acted friendly; he would take whatever came first.

“Is it Youngjae?” Mark asked brining Jinyoung out of his train of thought. Jinyoung looked at Mark who was walking on his left very close by.

“What?”

“You were thinking about Youngjae, thinking if there is something you should do, am I right?” Mark smiled at Jinyoung because he knew he was right, Mark had that talent of knowing what Jinyoung was always thinking; ironically Mark had no clue that his best friend liked him back as much as he liked him. Jinyoung stopped walking and looked at Mark with a small smirk on his face.

“How do you always do that? How’d you know what I was thinking?” Mark stood in place looking into Jinyoung’s eyes, he could get lost if he looked too long. Mark leaned closer to Jinyoung so he could whisper something in his ear.

“You want to know how I always know what you’re thinking?” Mark said in a whisper, tone overly seductive. It made shivers run all over Jinyoung’s body because the way Mark said those words had him feeling very hot all of a sudden; Jinyoung simply nodded his head. “You have to catch me first!” Mark screamed as he kissed Jinyoung’s cheek and took off running.

“Hey! Wait up!” Jinyoung shouted while running after Mark.


“I was thinking,” Jinyoung said while taking a pause to at his ice-cream, “maybe we should do something to help Youngjae out.”

“Like what?” Mark responded while doing the same to his ice-cream.

“I don’t know, I’ve been thinking about it and the more I think about it, the more I feel the need to do something about it. Does that make sense?” Jinyoung let out a frustrated grunt and sat down on the park bench that was there. After he had caught up with Mark, the two went to get some ice-cream and then headed for a casual stroll at the park. It was already dark, but Jinyoung enjoyed the night air, besides, he had Mark with him.

“Totally,” Mark answered taking a seat next to Jinyoung on the bench.

“You’re not paying attention,” Jinyoung exclaimed while slapping Mark’s hand, sending his ice-cream straight to the ground.

“That was my favorite flavor,” Mark said with sad puppy dog eyes. Jinyoung sighed.

“I’ll buy you a new one.”

“I wasn’t even half way done with it.” Mark dropped to the floor on his knees, he was starring down at his fallen ice-cream being over dramatic that he wasn’t able to finish eating it; Jinyoung knew where this was going.

“Fine! I’ll buy you two, a box, just help me think of something will you?” Mark shot back up to his feet and rejoined Jinyoung on the bench. After a moment of silent thinking, Mark thought that it was probably the best time to tell Jinyoung about the note he wrote to Jackson.

“What about a note?” Mark initiated the conversation. Jinyoung thought about it for a second.

“A note, saying what exactly, ‘talk to Jackson or we won’t deal with your drama any longer’. Mark we need something better than a note.”

“Well I was actually thinking of giving the note to Jackson, you know let him know that Youngjae does want to talk with him, but that it’s just going to take some time,” Mark clarified.

“What! Are you crazy, we can’t do that to Youngjae.” Mark turned the other way because he knew that his face was a dead giveaway to what he had already done. “Mark?” Jinyoung noticed his friend’s avoidance. When Mark didn’t turn back to look at Jinyoung, said male got off the bench and stood in front of Mark. “Mark, what did you do?" Jinyoung insisted while cupping Mark's head in between his hands so that he couldn't look anywhere besides Jinyoung's eyes.

"I'm sorry!" Mark gave in into those eyes. 

"Mark!" Jinyoung yelled letting go of his friend and turning around in circles, pacing back and forth in front of Mark. 

"I was just trying to help out. I too was getting tired of seeing Youngjae so down and I wanted to do something to help out."

"So you wrote Jackson a letter?"

"More like a note really."

"What did you tell him?" Jinyoung asked frustrated. 

"Nothing much honest. I only mentioned that he should keep trying to get to Youngjae. I told him that he needs to man up and just go for it." Jinyoung stared at Mark trying to picture his exact words, but nothing came to mind.

"So what did he say?"

"Beats me, I haven't spoken to him since then." After a moment of silence and pondering, Jinyoung decided to call it a night, they could think about this some other time because in all honesty, he too was getting a little irritated with Youngjae's attitude. 

"I say we call it a night and get home. I'm exhausted for the day and I can't think about someone else's problem right now."

"You want me to walk you home?" Mark asked. Jinyoung sighed because while he was a little frustrated due to Mark's actions, he couldn't really blame him for everything. Besides, they were heading in the same direction anyways. 

"Yeah, sure, why not. Come on Mark, let's get home I'm cold." Mark got off the bench and wrapped his arms around Jinyoung for a hug bringing them warmth for a second. 

"You can stay at my place for the night if you want some extra body heat," said Mark overly confident. Jinyoung tsk at Mark's corniness because where was this coming from all of a sudden. 

"Gee Mark, if I didn't know any better I would say you'd want to lose your ity tonight," Jinyoung teased moving his hands to interlock with Mark's. 

"Shut up," Mark said laughing at the comment. He and Jinyoung laughed about it as they made their way home hand in hand. 


A/N: So i have been getting to many feels lately like whaatt and i want to turn all these ideas into stories but urgh the time and all that... well I will try to focus on one story at a time, so i hope you guys are liking this

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE (talk to me about ur favorite group(s) and/or bias idk OTL)