Eighteen

I'll Be There

Jackson didn't tell his mother much as to why he had wanted to come home faster than anticipated, only that he wanted her to come and get him, now.

The entire car ride home Jackson didn't say a word to his mother. Mrs. Wang kept eyeing her son through the back mirror but it seemed as if he were purposely ignoring her. Jackson did the same when he saw that his mother was concentrated on the road, he would look at her reflexion in the mirror and wonder how a woman like his mother could do that, hide such a big secret from him. Jackson just couldn't believe it and he kind of hoped that Youngjae was wrong about all this. If only.

When they got home Jackson it was eleven at night. Though the trip had tired Jackson out and no doubt his mother as well, he had to know the truth, not only for his sake but for Youngjae's as well. So Jackson headed up to his room to leave the bag, but before he could go back to his mother, she was at his door knocking.

"Come in," Jackson said in a raspy voice. Mrs. Wang opened the door with a smile playing at her face.

"Hey sweetie," Mrs. Wang said entering the room. Jackson tensed up and found himself hugging his arms tight against his body. "You want to talk about something?" she asked with that tone of concern a mother has for her child. Jackson tried to suppress his emotions because watching his mother act like this towards him, it killed him. It made him want to run to her arms and ask for protection but he couldn't, not when there was a possibility that she was the cause of some of that pain.

"Jackson, baby, what's wrong." A pause. "Talk to me," Mrs. Wang pleaded, her face full of concern for her child. It made Jackson crumble and burst into tears. Mrs. Wang ran to her crying baby, she dropped to the floor and hugged him close to her bosom, her own eyes beginning to water at the sight of watching Jackson like this.

"Please," Jackson said in between sobs. Mrs. Wang hugged him tighter. "It's not true —tell me it's not true."

"What's not true, Jackson, please stop crying and tell me what's wrong," Mrs. Wang begged. Jackson continued to sob, holding on to his mother for as long as he could.

"Joon!" Jackson screeched, memories of his brother surfacing once more. Mrs. Wang jerked at the name, even she couldn't stand to talk about her dead son without feeling his loss all over again, but Jackson was calling his name...

"Jackson—" Mrs. Wang tried to console him.

"No!" Jackson said angry, pushing her off of him and getting to his feet quickly. Mrs. Wang stared in shock. "You're a liar!" Jackson shouted pointing down at her, eyes streaking with tears.

Mrs. Wang got to her feet. "Jackson," she said with a quiver in her voice.

"Was Joon my real brother?" Jackson said suddenly. Mrs. Wang looked appalled.

"What, of course he was your brother Jackson." Jackson laughed.

"I'm sorry let me rephrase that, was he my father's son?" Mrs. Wang stared in horror, her eyes were bulging. Jackson came to recognize silence as a yes to his questions. Jackson calmed himself a little. "Youngjae," he said and Mrs. Wang turned to him at the mention of Youngjae's name. "He seems to think that Joon was his brother too."

Mrs. Wang burst into tears, her hands going to cover her face to conceal the shame she hid there. She knew this day would come one day, but she still dreaded it, what the truth could do to Jackson. What the consequences would be like for her, Mrs. Wang couldn't lose another son, not like this. After a few moments of crying into her hands, and Jackson's silent cries, Mrs. Wang took a deep breath and looked up to her son; Jackson was calm now but tears still fell down his face.

"It's true," Mrs. Wang said nodding her hand and sobbing as she admitted the truth for the first time. Jackson's face clenched at the answer but he fought the urge to burst into tears once more.

"Does my father know?"

It took a moment but Mrs. Wang finally answered, it was time Jackson learnt the whole truth.

"We were only a few months into our marriage when I cheated on your father with Youngjae's dad." Jackson stayed quiet, absorbing everything. "I became pregnant from that one time but your father never knew, not after Joon was born, after I told your dad because it was starting to become obvious that Joon looked nothing like him." Mrs. Wang chuckles. "It's ironic how our families became so close."

"What do you mean?" Jackson asked.

"Your father and Youngjae's dad worked together, that's how it happened they became close and soon we were all friends. Two newlywed couples." Mrs. Wang faced Jackson who wasn't saying anything about all this so she continued. "Then you and Youngjae were born and became inseparable. We couldn't keep you two apart so I guess we compromised on this one thing.

"So dad knew, you all knew about Joon before I was born?" Jackson asked.

"Yes, your father found out when I was pregnant with you and we had cut ties with the Chois but as fate would have it you and Youngjae because classmates and the rest was history."

"So Joon was only my half brother?"

"Joon loved you Jackson he was always looking out for you, looking out for those who didn't have someone to look out for them."

"I know Joon loved me, I loved him too but you know that he never knew about any of this, about Youngjae." A tear streaked down Jackson's face. "You know how much he cared for Youngjae as well, he saw him as a brother and now you're telling me he actually was his brother, a brother who've I've fallen completely in love with mom." Mrs. Wang stared in shock. Jackson was in tears once more. "What am I supposed to do now mom, I'm in love with him. Is that wrong, am I in love with my brother?"

"No, no, no, honey," Mrs. Wang said rising to her feet and going to her son. "Despite all of this, the fact that Joon was both your and Youngjae's half brother, it doesn't mean that you and him are brothers as well."

"We shared a half brother, how do we get past that?" Jackson said balling his eyes out, dropping to the floor. Mrs. Wang kneeled down with him, trying to provided any sort of comfort that she could despite the circumstances.

"Jackson look at me," she said serious. "I know I'm probably not the best person to be telling you what to do at this point, but I'm still your mother and I love you." Jackson met her eyes. "You're my beautiful boy, I want you to be happy, to follow your dreams and never give up on hope." She whipped away some of Jackson's tears. "I want to protect you until the day I die but I know that's an impossible mission. The only thing I can tell you now is no matter how you feel or what Youngjae thinks, the fact of the matter is that the both of you are not related."

Jackson was calmer by now. No matter what had happened in the past it was that, the past and one couldn't dwell on it for there was nothing that could change it.

“Whatever you choose to do now is up to you,” added Mrs. Wang. She gathered herself and stood up, she looked down at her baby boy on the floor and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, for everything Jackson, but most of all, I'm sorry I couldn't protect your brother enough for him to still be here. I won't let that happen again." Mrs. Wang walked to the door and paused before opening it. "Will you ever be able to forgive me for this?"

Jackson looked in her direction through the corner of his eye but didn't respond to that. Mrs. Wang shed a quiet tear before opening the door and leaving Jackson to his thoughts. He had a lot to process.


A/N: Small update yey so I was reading this other fic I have that I havent worked on as much but I want to get back to it and omg I like what I was reading even if it did come from me lolz well you can check it out here if you want and tell me if you like it and if i should update it soon or if you would rather I finish this one before I get back to that wow this is long K Bye! & Comment ppl yall dont know how much I love reading comments it make me want to go and wrote more the second i read them Lovez yall  

tumblr_nwqcanpDhm1tmjt2ko4_400.gif"a>