Lesson 2

Teach Me: How to Love

Lesson 2

 

Jessica Jung

 

“Noona!” My brother's bloody hand clenched mines. He looked at me with the sheep’s eyes. The corner of his lips forcefully lifted up. Then something dropped on his back, I screamed so loud that I can’t hear my own voice. Blood splashed against my cheek.


 

I shocked up from my dream. Sweats are washing down my necks and face. A breeze of cold air blow against my hair. I shivered from the sudden cold, but the body continue the cold sweat. I rubbed my palm against my face and relaxed my muscles.


 

I was all alone in this empty room. Everything is fancy, white and humanless. I wished everyday that my brother, Youngji, was still alive. I wished everyday that Kris and I were still together.


 

That is all I have remember thinking every morning.


 

I double checked the clock next to my bed. In a hour, there will be a meeting. I hopped off bed and get myself ready. I have to put on that dark and cold mask again. I have to fit the ideal of a successful women. In the industry, they don’t care about your past or what trauma you have been through. It’s all about how much knowledge and connections you have.


 

The doorbell rang as I gather the documents into my hands. I pushed open the black door as Chanyeol greets me with a smile. A closer look Chanyeol’s face structure is very soft, almost a childlike look.


 

“Are you ready? Ms. Jung?”


 

“Yes.” I step out the door as my heels clicked against the polished floor of the hallway.


 

“They have sent me a proposal on how to make changes to this place.” Chanyeol flip open the clear folders in his hand.


 

“Summarize.”


 

We headed towards the elevators.


 

“The main manager of this place wanted to add more to garden and other locations of the hotel, so they are asking for a total of ...”


 

“Stop.” I pressed the down button. “Here is what is going to happen.” I shoot Chanyeol a look.


 

He picked out a pen from his suit pocket and was ready to scribble my words.


 

“There are many flaws that they haven’t manga to change yet. I will not offer any count of expense until I am satisfy with this place.”


 

He nodded next to me and started to write things down. The elevator arrived. With a sound, the metal door slide open.  We both step in, then there is a long silence between us.

 

“What is your last name?” I looked at his reflection on the metal door. He turned to me as if he was surprised by my words.


 

He hesitated for awhile, “Park.”


 

“How old are you?” I crossed my arm and watch the countdown on top of the door.


 

“24.” He smiled. I nodded trying to keep a voice in the elevator. However, the awkwardness kicked back in with in seconds.


 

“They said you are cold, but it seems like you care about other’s too.” Chanyeol suddenly said and put the clear folder back in his business bag. He fixed the pen in his pocket.


 

“They?”


 

“The ones that went to other hotels with you before.”


 

“They are inexperienced. None of them can work.”


 

He chuckled after a few second. “I will take that as a compliment.” Chanyeol showed his straight white teeth. I keep my serious face on, but I felt more relaxed.





 

We arrived at the meeting room right on time. There is an empty seat across from me. Clean transparent glasses were lined up neatly on the brown wooden table. They were all waiting in order just like the man in suit sitting in front of them. All the suited business men stood up to greet my arrival.


 

“Sorry for the long wait.” I apologized, because on time was late and late was unacceptable. Chanyeol took a seat next to me after I sat down.


 

“Shall we begin?”


 

“Ms. Jung.” A man from the right across the table asked for my attention. “We apologize but our head manager is running...” He hesitated. “late.”


 

I show a quickness in responding my dislikes.


 

“We can wait a few more minutes.” Chanyeol said and check my expression.


 

The clock passed 15 minutes. I stood up from the long wait. All the other people were trying stop me from leaving, then he finally steps in.


 

Our eyes met like two magnetite. I watch this hotel’s head manager like I have just saw a horror movie. His eyes never drift away from mines. I saw the worry and guilt in his eyes.


 

He fixed his tie and looked down. “I apology for being unexpectedly late. I am the head manager of this hotel. Kris.”


 

He offered his hand to me.


 

I never thought that I would have met him again. I tighten my teeth and lift my eyes high. Without a thought, I took his hand. It didn’t feel like what it used to feel like. There were no electric between us.


 

We were strangers.


 

“I am Jessica Jung, the CEO of this Chandelier Hotel corporation.”


 

“I know.” He knows? Why hasn’t he came to find me?


 

“Kris!” A girl’s voice filled the large meeting room. Her hair was messy and had two high heels hanging on her fingers. Her dress was tightly hugging her body: the ideal body for a model. Her red lipsticks were unevenly filled. Her eyes widen in shock when everyone’s attention turned to her at the door.


 

“What the hell are you doing here?” Kris let go of my hand and quickly turned towards the door. He walked towards the girl. Insteadly, he became her shell. “Krystal, I told you to wait outside.”


 

The girl scanned me with her judgemental eyes. She examined Kris’s expression. Her eyebrows raised in an unpleasant way that displays a sense of arrogant in the air.  She clinged on Kris’s arm, who gave her no respond.


 

“I deeply apologize for the...”


 

“Why are you apologizing?” Krystal cutted Kris’s words. Krystal and I never broke eye contact. You can smell the burn between us. She raised her right arm and pointed the index finger at me.


 

Chanyeol watched with concern as my expression changed dramatically.


 

“Isn’t she your ex? Damn. She looks so plain.” Her voice loud and clear echoed in the room. I remembered the anger rushed up my brain. At any moment now, I am about to whip this ignorant .


 

The people in the meeting broke into small chatters. Kris gave her “shut up” face. She twitched her lips.  He pushed her hand off his arm.  He nervously swallowed and looked up at me again.


 

“Ms. Jung. I can take care of this.” Chanyeol whispered in my ear. I raised my hand to stop him.


 

“Sorry everyone. I didn’t mean to bring personal business into a meeting.” I smiled at everyone who already have started to gave me strange stares. “Please allow me to take care of this matter. All for ones.”


 

I grabbed the bottle of wine by the counter behind me.  I popped the top of the wine bottle off. Without a second thought, I walk towards Krystal. She stood straight in fear.


 

“Two things. Don’t walk into my territory and offend me with your ignorant mouth.” I shoot Kris a look. He and the rest of the people in the room were afraid to take any action.


 

“Second. I am not someone that you can look at with those eyes.”


 

Krystal gave me a sarcastic laugh. “My father is the owner of this hotel.”


 

“Someone need to educate her.” I raised the bottle of wine and slowly poured down her head. Her jaw dropped at my action. Then a loud and high scream followed, she raised her hand at me.


 

With a quick act, I slapped her before she can. Her feet slip and felt against the ground. Her make up completely running down her face.


 

“. What the... You...” She kicked her leg a few times and start crying.


 

“We will conduct this next time. You guys best to come up a good plan fast, if you want more funding in this hotel.” I headed out the room.





 

“Jessica!” Kris grabbed my arm as I furiously stormed towards the hall. I jerked away from him. He eyes looked at me with pitiness. This is not what I need from him.


 

“Please excuse Krystal.” He bow to apologize. “She is my fiance. i hope you can forgive her.”


 

“I couldn’t even forgive you. What make you think I can forgive her?” My face must be hard to read, because he became uneasy.


 

“I don’t have feeling for her. It’s a force marriage.”  Kris said.


 

“I don’t need to know. “


 

“Isn’t that what you wanted?” His eyebrows furrowed. “Seeing me struggle will make you feel better. I hope that will pay my wrong doings.”


 

“It won’t.” I took my step away from him.


 

“You have changed so much.” I didn’t respond to his comment. “I am sorry.”


 

“Shut it. I don’t want to see you again. I will make sure they clean you out this hotel by tomorrow. If I were you, I would go find a job right now.” I crossed my arms.


 

“You became so heartless.” Kris’s eyes showed disappointment. “Where did the old you went?”


 

There is a long silence pause.


 

“It die with our baby.”


 

His eyes widen and jaw drop without a word.




 

My heart ached again and again after that conversation with Kris. I didn’t wanted to see him again. That was the goal of starting new. I sat in the bar alone with bottles of alcohol piled in front of me. I picked up my phone and swiping down the contact list.


 

Friends: I have none.


 

Family: I have none.


 

Suddenly, I realize that all these years. I have not changed at all. I am still escaping my problems. I just disguised them with work.


 

“Youngji-ya!” I cried. The public’s eyes were all on me, but they don’t mind. I was drunk. Everything is acceptable when you are drunk. “Take your Noona with you!” I laughed at the thought of Youngji responding back to me.


 

I continue to swipe down my contact.


 

One Wish Genie

 

I pouted and press on the number, then brought it against my ears. There is a silent wait then it started with the long do... do....

 

Hello?

 

(Noise from the background faded away)



 

I am Jessica. I found my wish.


 

(There is a long pause)


 

What is it?

 

(Someone took a deep breath.)


 

You make the decision, Genie.

 

You can kill me by tomorrow morning

 

or


teach me how to love.

 

 

 


From Author

Hope that you like it so far. See you next chapter :) .