Lesson 15

Teach Me: How to Love

Lesson 15

 

Jessica

 

“Luhan.” I smiled like an idiot looking at his sleeping face. His wings lay flatly on the edge of the bed. I watched his eyebrows furrowed and his eyelids slowly opens. He greeted my morning with a sweet smile. I wish to spend more time with him. It’s ok that I can’t express my affection towards. We both knew how much we loved each other.

 

I didn’t want to send him away yet. I really wish he could stay by my side forever. He can no longer control his wings, which means he can never leave the room.

 

“You want to go some where?” He giggled and couldn’t contain his bright smile.

 

“We can’t” I wrapped my arms around his waist, and snuggled my head against his neck. “You will freak people out with your wings.”

 

“I know, but I want to explore with you. I don’t want to stuck in this room.” He hugs me closer to him, and I can his warmth against my skin. My heart has never been so strong before. Even morning water can taste like honey.

 

He sat on the bed with his legs cross and hand under his chin. A smile sent to me every time I turned to him from the small kitchen. We both wish time had stop at this moment. He wrapped his hand around my waist from the back. We swing side to side as if love had sang us a unifying rhythm.

 

“Let’s take a spin in the air.” His voice sang against my ear.

 

“What?” I sent him a weird look.

 

“Let’s go to the rooftop.” Luhan turned me around. “I want to fly.” I couldn’t help to laugh that his ridiculous decision.






 

In order to get to the rooftop, we had to take the elevator. Luhan wrapped the huge blanket behind his back. It’s early in the morning. The hotel’s hallways are still calm. One or two people walked by but Luhan didn’t cause any suspicions. They probably think that he is a worker carrying blankets around.

 

As soon as we reached the elevator, I can finally breath.

 

“This is not going to work.” I told him, “Don’t turn into a chicken. I will have a lot explaining to do if that happens.”

 

“I am angel.” He pouted. “Not a chicken.” I laughed at his sudden protest. Before the elevator stop on the rooftop, it came to a stop on floor 15. Luhan and I exchanged looks. The metal door slide open again. The atmosphere tensed up again.

“Jessica?” The familiar voice called.

 

Chanyeol was standing in front of the elevator watching every move. I smiled nervously and greeted him with a good morning.

 

“Are you going down?” I asked before he took too long staring at Luhan.

 

“No. I am going up.” He answered me without turning his eyes away from the blanket behind Luhan.

 

When he walked into the elevator, everyone kept quiet. He quickly asked about the blanket without any hesitations.

 

Luhan gave me a look and answered, “I am helping around.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, but he extended his curious hand towards Luhan’s back.

 

“Why do you have wings?” His voice sound so calm after seeing a real angel wings for the first time. As the elevator stop on the rooftop, Chanyeol pulled the blanket off Luhan’s back.

 

His expression went from uncertainty to  bewilderness. He pulled me away from Luhan and step out the elevator with her. The wind blow against their shirt and the angel’s wings.

 

“No. Chanyeol. That is not what you think.” I tried to explain.

 

Luhan step out the elevator and spreaded his wings. The wind swirled the feathers up into the air. Luhan smiled and told the truth. “I am not human.”

 

I watched Chanyeol’s facial expression changed into fear. With a quick signal, I warned Luhan to stop explaining.

 

“What are you?” Chanyeol asked and pulled me behind him.

 

“I am an angel.” Luhan smiled innocently. “I am Jessica’s angel.”

 

“Chanyeol can you..” I called for his attention, “Don’t tell anyone. Please. I don’t want to loose him.”

 

“So I have been played this whole time.” His eyebrow furrowed. “ Why do you make so promises with me? When you already hidden a creature beside you.”

 

“I am sorry.” I replied. “I didn’t mean to use you.”

 

Paused for a few second and tighten his grip around my hand. “I will not let you near this monster like creature. We will called the police. Don’t be afraid. You can tell me if he was threaten you to do all these things.”

 

“No. Chanyeol. He wasn’t..”

 

I pulled away from his hand, “I am sorry, Chanyeol.” With in second, Luhan flew in and wrap his arms around my waist. We flew towards the sky. I watched Chanyeol staring at us from the rooftop. He grew smaller and smaller and eventually disappear under the cloud.

We spinned through the clouds and swirl around the sky. His wings moves the air around us. Soon, we reach the sea. WIth a careful landing, he guide me down to the sand. There aren’t a lot of people around, because the early morning.

 

Luhan smiled at the rising sun as he walked closer to the water. He turned back to me with a bright smile.

“If only I can watch this with you every morning.”

 

“Why can’t we?” I reached for his hands.

 

He held on to mines and sighed. “Then you have to hide with me forever.”

 

“I don’t mind.” I replied.

 

“I am not human anymore. I will only leave you with loneliness.” He brushed the strand of hair behind my ear.

 

“I don’t want to send you back.” I pleaded.

 

“Jessica. I am only here to pay for my sins.” He took a closer look at me with his round puppy eyes. I pulled him closer and held on to his soft face.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

 

“I want you to be happy.” He said. “I am willing to put myself last if you are not happy. You taught me many things through this journey.”

 

“I love you, Luhan. More than anything. I can be your genie today. What would you wish for?”

 

“Spend the last day with me.” He paused, “and promise to let go when you have to.”

 

“Okay.”



 

We walked around the beach, and explored the area around us. Because of his wings we gained many unwanted attentions, but it didn’t distract us. There are many things I want to share with him. I want him to stay with me, but that was too much to ask. I just wanted him to be his best. It doesn’t matter if I will have to sacrifice for him.


 

“Look Jessica.” His childish voice called in amusement. I walked towards him and only found him looking at an pair of necklace. He held them up. The old lady who was selling them observed Luhan’s wings closely. She must have been comparing the wing necklace and Luhan’s.

 

“Is it cool?” He exclaimed.

 

“You have them too.” I laughed. He pouted as I continue my walk down the street. After a few minute he chase after me and wrapped his hands around my neck. I felt the cold necklace pressed against my chest.

 

I turned towards him as he puts his own on. “Couple necklace.” He smiled. “The old lady gave it to me for free.” He turned around and waved his hands at the old lady, who smiled gently.

 

“You are childish.” I stated.

“It looks great.” He laughed. “Now you are mines.”

 

I blushed at his cheesy words, “You are so disgusting.” I joked.

 

“I am delicious. Okay?” He sticks his tongue out and ran ahead of me with a bright smile on his face.



 

Please. If there is one more wish, I wish we could meet again.



 

As we walked back to the hotel, a crowd gather near the entrance. Chanyeol’s facial expression changed as soon as he saw us. He gave me signal, but slightly shaking his head, as if he is telling us not to get any closer.

 

I quickly spot a group of military armed soldiers, police cars, reporters and even some people in white coat. I knew this is not a good feeling.

 

Before we can react, someone screamed, “We found the Monster.”

 

Luhan quickly grabbed my hand and spread his wings, but before his can take flight. A large green fish net flew towards us. Because of me, he couldn’t react as fast as he could, and both of us were tied down to the ground.

 

The crowd ran towards us with an amusement and curiosity. I heard their fearful conversations.

 

“The wings are real.”

 

“He is a new discovery.”

 

“Tie him down for research.”

 

“No, the government wants him.”

 

“Here we see an abnormal creature. Could this be the alien that we have been looking for?”

 

“It’s just an abnormal growth.”

 

“Cut the wings off for research.”

 

I turned towards Luhan and hugged him tight with my arms. He gave me a fearful look.

 

“I don’t belong in this world.” His voice is louder to me than any other distractions.

 

Under net, he pulled me towards him and till his head to side. His soft lips embraced mines. The whole crowd quiet down and as if they had disappeared from our sight. We kissed for the last time. Tears stream from my eyes. I was too afraid that when I open them he will disappear in front of me.

 

He gently moved away, and our eyes met again.

 

“This is love. Goodbye, my angel.” He smiled as he tighten his grip on my hand.


“Goodbye, 10101.”

 


From Author,

One more chapter and it will be the end of the first story of this Teach Me serie. 

The next story will be coming soon.

Feel free to subscribe to the upcoming story.  Serie Two