Lesson 3

Teach Me: How to Love

Lesson 3

 

Jessica Jung

 

I felt a cold breeze blow against my legs, which cause goosebumps to raise on my skin. I lifted up my heavy eyelid and found myself without a blanket of warmth. The sun shined in from the wide open window. It landed on the body sleeping next to me.


 

I froze as the male turn over from his dreamy sleep. I relax my muscle when I realize I am fully clothed.


 

“YAH!” I screamed. The voice echoed in my large bedroom.

 

The man scratched his neck and lifted his eyes open one by one. His hair was a mess and so was my brain. He moved his mouth in a eating motion as if he was crewing. It was the same move that babies made after waking up.


 

I took a few mintues to realize he was the boy I met a few days ago.


 

“You!” I pointed at him with a confusing look.


 

“Whut?” He is still half asleep.


 

“Why are here? Why are you on my bed? What the hell is going on?” I grabbed my hair as if I have been witchspelled.


 

“You called me and made a wish.” He slided off the bed and went in the bathroom. He acted as if this is his home. “I am Luhan. Remember?”


 

“That high school kid?”


 

“Nope. I am not a high schooler.”


 

“I need to take you home.” I got up from the bed in a rush. “This is not right.” I mumbled and got my purse and keys ready. “What have you done? This is driving me crazy.”


 

“Come on.” I walked into the bathroom where he was washing his face. Water was running down his arm as I grabbed it. With all the strength I have, I tried to pull him out.


 

“Where are we going?” He asked in complete confusion.

 

“Where do you live?”

 

“I am not going anywhere.”


 

I stopped by the door. “Will you stop! Your parents will worry. I might even be accused as a kidnapper.” I grabbed my hair and stared at the damp dark spot of his gray shirt.


 

“I am not human.”


 

“Crazy. I am crazy and you are too.” I slapped myself a few times to stay awake.


 

He jerked away from me with an angry expression. “You can’t kick me out. There is no way I can leave you, until I finish my mission.” The boy said ridiculously.


 

“I don’t want anything. Go home. That is my wish!” I sighed.


 

He took my phone from my hand and did something. Then he turned the bright screen at me, “You called this number yesterday.”


 

10101


 

“This is my genie number. I am not from here. Right now I need to finish one more mission in order to become an angel of the heaven. You are my last mission. I can not fail and will not give up.”


 

“Oh my god. I drank way too much yesterday.”


 

“You should just leave.” I pushed him out the door. He resisted with all different words which I understand none of it.


 

“Nice meeting you. I don’t need any wished to be fulfilled.” I closed the door and let out a deep breath.



 

Suddenly, the boy appear in front of me again. His lips pouted and eyebrows furrowed. He took a step closer; I took a step away. Closer and closer. Until I was pushed against the door with zero personal space left.


 

He slammed his hand on the door and lean close to me. I held my breath, still shock from his sudden existence. My nose and his were almost touching, but the boy is not willing to back away.


 

“I am Luhan!” He exclaimed. “You made your only wish to heaven at midnight. I was assigned to be your genie for the next two months to fulfill your wish. There is no rejecting. We are tied by law of nature.”


 

“What wish? I didn’t...”


 

He turned around and walked back towards the room. Suddenly, he spinned around like a ballerina and pointed his finger at me.

 

 

“I will teach you how to love.”






 

“Will you stop following me!” I pierced at Luhan with hateful eyes.


 

“Can’t. I have to. It will be your fault if I can’t become an angel.” He popped his puppy eyes at me. I shook my head and scream as I storm down the hotel halls.


 

Chanyeol greeted me by the elevator. His eyes wide open with confusion as he saw Luhan walking behind me. We enter the elevator and the silence of awkwardness took over but Luhan seems to be too slow to realize it.


 

“So you are her boyfriend?” I heard Chanyeol asked Luhan quietly.


 

The boy smiled and took in a deep breath before start talking, but I cut him off.


 

“No. He is a distant cousin I need to take care of.” I didn’t turn around to look at their reactions.


 

“Yea.” I heard Luhan said. “Cousins.” He laughed. Chanyeol laughed gently too. As we exit the elevator, Luhan pulled me aside and asked Chanyeol to go ahead first.

 

“What do want?” I growl.


 

“Target number 1.” He has a sinister smile on his face and eyeing Chanyeol’s back.


 

“He is my co-worker.” I slapped Luhan’s shoulder, which is surprising buff for a guy like him. “You are not turning me into a player.”


 

“No.” His smile widen, “He likes you.”


 

“What makes you think that?” I questioned with my eyebrows.


 

“Trust me I am a soon-to-be angel.” He tap his fingers on his temple. “My antenna is telling.”


 

“Then did it tell you that. I want you to get out my face!” I clicked my tongue and walked away.


 

I heard him mumbled, “It tells me you still likes Kris.” However, I decide to ignore it.


 

I guess I will just pretend to fall in love. Be a nice human being and sent this crazy boy back to heaven. It was too unrealistic and stupid of me to believe him in the first place. He must have played some magic on me in that room. Plus, it won’t take long to make him believe I am in love. I just have to do what I have done before.





 

I arrived at the cafeteria as Luhan follow closely behind. Right after I step in, there are staffs lining up to welcome me. The news of me and Kris must had already spread across the hotel. Now everyone is giving me a pity looks.


 

I took at plate from the buffet bar and travel my way down the aisles of food. People slowly moved away from me, and I was alone again. I focus on my examination of the place, the taste and ...


 

“You eat alot.” Luhan suddenly cuts off my train of thoughts. He points at the full plate on my hand.


 

“Will you keep your comment to yourself?” I rolled my eyes on her. Surprisingly, he learn in from behind and whispered in my ears. I can heard the girl’s squeals around me.

 

“You might want to look good to get that boy.” I held myself together and walked away expressionless. I can see him stick his bottom lips out and picked up a plate behind me.


 

“Ms. Jung” Chanyeol approached me with a hesitated expression. He paused and scratched his head, “Uh...”


 

“What it is?”


 

“The Head manager Kris wants to have a conversation with you. He said is about yesterday’s misunderstanding.”


 

I looked at Luhan as his eyes analyzing me with a serious face. I sighed and closed my eyes. Even the name Kris gave me headaches. Sometimes, I am not so sure if I was afraid of falling in love with him again, or if I was afraid of bring up the past. Maybe, I just hated him or loved him too much. I was happy to see him again, but I don’t want pitiness from him. I wanted Kris to see me as successful, so...


 

i can let him go.


 

“I will walk you to the door.” Luhan said finally.  As if he was reading my mind, he walked me all the way to the office.



 

“Hey.” He said before I turned the doorknobs.



“Class 101, here. Don’t blame too much on yourself.”

 

 

From Author

Thank you for reading. Stay tune for the next one. ^ ^. I am currently looking for Beta readers. PM me if you are interested.