Lesson 6

Teach Me: How to Love

Lesson 6

 

Jessica Jung

 

“Would you like to go on a date with me?” Chanyeol shyly gave out a nervous laugh. He lower his head as the redness burn up to his cheek. i can smell the sparking romance from him. As if we are back in high school, the taste of the first love is warm and soft. He shuffled his hair in embarrassment. Adults are all grown kids.


 

“There was a restaurant near by...” He bit his lower lips, “I was thinking maybe it would be nice too go and try it.”


 

He keeps on rambling with his words adorably, “I mean there is no one else that would go with me.”


 

I turned my eyes to Luhan who was playing with some straight cat that got stuck in the lobby of the huge fancy hotel. He ran his hand through the cat’s fur and looked up at me.


 

His eyes suddenly remind me the promise that we made to visit a place with him.


 

“I...” I turn back to Chanyeol with a guilty face, “I have a promise with Luhan to visit...”


 

“No” Luhan walked towards us, “You don’t have to go with me. I want some alone time anyways.” He scan Chanyeol with a bit of heat.


 

“That means you can go?” The excitement light up on Chanyeol’s face.


 

“She can.” Luhan gave me a cool look.


 

“I...”


 

Before I can talk the Chanyeol already started to skipping away, “I will pick you up at 8:00.” The bright smile on his face is beyond the definition of happy. Luhan was the complete opposition.


 

“Are you sure?” I pull his sleeve before he walked away.


 

“It’s not a big idea. The place don’t have anything to do with you.” He sighed. “I shouldn’t have tie you up to it anyways.”


 

“You seem so depressed lately. Is there anything bothering you?” He didn’t say anything.


 

“I wish to have a day by myself.” He finally said.


 

I worry about his request. After all, he had been sticking to me like peanut butter. Everywhere I go he is with me. But there was a sudden change after we visited my parents. He never said anything about my brother. It seems like he knew something about his death, but he turn into a cold stone whenever the topic comes up.




 

“Are you ready?” Chanyeol greeted me with a bright smile. He is suited up with black and white, a image of a fine gentleman. I fixed my dark red dress and greeted him back.


 

“Yes.” I looked back into my room, which is normally an action waiting for Luhan. Then I suddenly realize he left before me.


 

“Did you forget something?”


 

“No.”


 

“Let’s go. The car is waiting.” Chanyeol lead me out as I shut the door behind me.


 

On the way, he talked about his day in the hotel, but my mind couldn’t focus. I wonder what Luhan was doing. I feared that I have anger him.


 

“Is there anything bothering you, Jessica?” Chanyeol’s voice drift back to my head.


 

As if I have been brought back to the light, “No. I am sorry.”


 

“You look a little tired.”


 

“I am fine. I was thinking about work.”

 

 

“Well you should relax now.” Chanyeol smiled warmly, “You know.” He paused. “You are really different from what other people say about you.”


 

“Really?” I said lifelessly.


 

“You seem broken.” His word found my wound. “or injured. That is why you are not willing to open up to others.”


 

I kept quiet, but this boy is a mind reader. We arrive at the restaurant at 9. The waiters greeted us by the door. Everything was going well. They brought us to the specially decorated  table with red wine and roses. Things are high class and fancy. It would be every girl’s dream, but it’s dull. I still kept a smile on my face, so I wouldn’t ruin this young love’s heart.


 

We kept on dining and talked about the hotel and the plans for future. Just like something that we would talk about during a meeting.


 

“Jessica.” Chanyeol suddenly switched the topic. “I wish to get to know you more.”


 

I didn’t say anything.


 

He goes on, “I think you are a very great person. If you feel the same maybe we can go on another date. What do you think?”


 

That’s right. This is real life, not a drama. There are no spark of fire every time. Maybe finding the one I love is not about actually loving them.


 

Love is blind.


 

Blindness brings ignorant actions.


 

It’s time to move on from Kris. It’s time to turn Luhan into an angel.


 

I know how to love.  Do I?


 

Chanyeol extend his hand to mines. He curve his warm fingers around mines. There was an initial reaction of jerking away, but I didn’t. I didn’t wish to break his heart.

 

Then my phone suddenly rings.


 

I quickly pulled my hand away with an excuse. With a fast move, I stood up and excused myself from the table. Chanyeol nodded understandably.


 

The number boldly printed on my screen.


 

10101


 

I slide my finger across the green arrow.


 

Jessica

 

(Wind blowing against the speaker)



 

Where are you?



 

Jessica. Have you found the right one yet?


 

(No one make a sound.)



 

I think... I think ... It is time.



 

It is time for what?



 

I am waiting by the beach.



 

Luhan. What are you talking about?



 

When you kiss the one man you truly love...

 

(There was a long pause.)

 

I will have wings.


 

(I rolled my eyes)

 

That will not happen I am not going to kiss someone on the first date. Plus... I don’t know.



 

I am not going to wait by your side.

 

(The speaker buzz)



 

What are you talking about?



 

I am leaving.



 

He is the one. Jessica.



 

You are right.

 

(He shut the signal)

 

“Wait! Luhan! What are you talking about?” I panic.


 

I stood in the middle of the restaurant. Random thoughts running through my mind. He can’t leave now. He is not angel yet. Why? He needs me. He needs me!


 

“What happen?” Chanyeol walked towards me.


 

“I have to go.” I grab my purse and ran out the restaurant with my heels in my hand. I picked up my annoying long dress and sprint towards the near by beach.


 

“You can’t go!” I screamed knowing that Luhan will heard me.


 

“You need me.”


 

“You need me!”

 

Rocks poking my bare feet. Crowd giving me weird looks. Cars screaming at me with loud noises. WInd blowing against my eyes. Tears starting to run down my cheek. It was not the wind that make me cry. I didn’t want him to leave.


 

“I need you.”


 

“Don’t go.” I bursted into tears as fight for air. My heart pounding against my ribs. It’s that feeling again. Years ago when I first met Kris.


 

Class 101, love is blind.

 
 
 

From Author

Thank you for reading it. 

BAM SUPER SPEED. I am back with another chapter :). Enjoy :D.