Lesson 16

Teach Me: How to Love

Lesson 16

 

Jessica

 

I spent the whole night watching the sky. From time to time, I would turn back to the room and double check if it really happened. The wing neckles will be the only thing to remind me of him. I wish I had remember things earlier. I wish that he could have stay.

 

I was greeted by Chanyeol around 8 at the morning. He had a bright smile on his face as if he had no knowlegde on what happen yesterday.

 

“Did you tell them?” I questioned as we walked down the hallway for a meeting.

 

“Tell what?” He turned to me innocently.

 

I stopped walking and sent him death glares. How could he do this to me! He could at least admit his own doing. He gave me a surprised look as if my glares are unreasonable.

 

“Don’t pretend you didn’t do anything!” I shouted. “You told them about Luhan’s wings.” I clenched my hand into a fist and stiffed up my facial muscles.

 

“Who’s Luhan?” The words crushed me like a bulldozer. His eyes tells complete honesty and even a bit confusion. “You had a dream last night?”

 

Maybe he just forgot. Right?

 

Right. He just forgot. It’s impossible that those memories can be erased.

 

I agreed with him and headed towards the meeting. As I pushed open the door, I had a deja vu. I was greeted by a bunch bussiness man, but this time Kris was on time. He shakes my hand and introduced himself. After a momment of shock, the man said something that cleared up everything for me.

 

“I appologize about yesterday.” He smiled.

 

“What happen yesterday?” I was still holding on to his hand.

 

Kris laughed, “You must have been so angry. You forgot about it. I came in the meeting late, because of my ex-girlfriend.”

“I was your ex.” I reminded him.

 

Kris became speechless and dazed at my words. He took a few blink to come to a conclusion. “I really sincerely apologize. It’s understandable for you to mock me, but I have never met you before. This is our first encounter. Ms. Jung.”

 

“Ms. Jung. Are you feeling ok?” Chanyeol asked with a soft whisper.

 

“No.” I turned towards the door in bewilderness. It couldn’t be a dream.  “Kris. Do you happen to know someone name Luhan?” I called out the angel’s name.

 

“I have not.”


 

I walked out the door realize what had happen. It wasn’t a dream. I touched the necklace around my neck. It was real, but all the memories of him is slowly being erased.

 

If I was right, then the cameras around the hotel should still holds his present. I rushed to the sercurity room and recieved my access to the cameras.

 

As I scroll down the files, I found the last place we were together. It was in the elevators. He had a blanket over his wings.

 

I pointed to the screen and asked the camera man, “What happen here? Do you recalled?”

 

“Ah. He is the new young man we hired yesterday.”

 

“What’s his name?” I jumped up from the chair.

 

“I believe he was Lu..”

 

“Luhan. Right?” I smiled with excitment. Before I even hear his answer, I rushed to the front desk and asked them to call for the new worker.


 

I waited for him by the lobby. Every part my soul hope to see him again. It didn’t matter if he remembers me or not. Just know what he is near me is enough.

 

“Did you called for me Ms. Jung?” I turned around and only found disappointment.

 

“What’s your name?” I can hear my voice tremble in saddness.

 

“Lucas. Ma’am.”

 

“Ah. I am sorry. I thought you were someone esle.” I fall back down the sofa behind me. “You can go back to work now. Thank you.”


 

I should never forget him.

 

Even if the world will.

 

I can’t.

 

Eventurally, the heaven’s work is more powerful than my mind.




 

“Ms. Jung. There is a festial outside.” Chanyeol knocked on my door as an invite. “Please come join us.”

 

“Ok. I will be right there.” i grabbed the wing necklace from the table and put it around my neck as I joined Chanyeol in the hallway.

 

“Ms. Jung. What is that necklace you are always wearing?” He asked out of curiosity.

 

“I didn’t remember how I got it, but I don’t feel comfortable without it.” i fixed my hair with a rubber band and carried on with the conversation. “So how many days have we been here?”

 

“It’s almost three months. I think we will head towards the next location around next week as we have been scheduled.” He replied looking at his little hand book.

 

“You are getting a promotion when we get back Chanyeol. Really awesome work the past few months.”

 

He smiled and thanked me greatfully. “The rumors are true.” He commented at the end.

 

“What rumors?”

 

“Rumor said you are a great leader and kind and caring.”

 

I laughed at his compliments, “Ok that not going to get you any further after that promotion.”

 

We joined the crowd of people in the street. Kris and Chanyeol accompanied me through the festival. They told me about the huge firework that sets off every 5 year during this time. It was a commonly celebrated event in the region.

 

“So what is the festival for?” I asked out of curiosity as Kris handed me a small plate of street food.

 

“There is a traditional folktale pass around this region.” He explained.

 

“An angel’s reincarnation!” The childish man, Chanyeol joined them with another plate of food.

 

“Reincarnation?”

 

“Yes. I did my research. That’s why a lot people love to live in this hotel. It is a spiritual place that heals hearts and completes love.” The man shoveled the fish cake into his mouth.

 

“Let’s walk towards the lake. The firework is about to start.” Kris suggestion.

 

As we walked, I looked towards the sky and an air of comfort blow into my heart. “Heals heart.” I smiled.

 

Suddenly, a man bumped my shoulder. He and I made direct eye contact. His brown eyes gave me a familiar and warm feeling.

 

“I am sorry.” He mouth the word, as the firework zoomed towards the sky and bloom into stars.

 

The brightness reflected off from his necklace towards my eyes. His hand gently touched my shoulder. “Are you alright? You seem shocked.”

 

“Have we met before?” I asked boldly.

 

“What’s your name?” He asked.

 

“Jessica.”

 

“I don’t think so.” His eyes directed towards my necklace. He then gave me a surprised looked as well. “Do you have your phone.” He smiled.

 

As if this is some kind of deja vu, I fished out my phone from my pocket. He typed a few things in there and handed back to me.

 

On the bright screen, it printed boldly.

 

Luhan


 

I found him.

 

My heart speed up without control and I can feel the heat by my ear. Happiness rushed through me. I remember this.





This is the feeling of love.

 

 

~END~