Lesson 5

Teach Me: How to Love

Lesson 5

 

Jessica Jung

 

“That’s it for today. I wish to hear more from you.” I scan my eyes across the crowd of managers and stopped at Kris. He looked away as soon as our eyes met. I walked down the stage as Chanyeol took the documents from my hand and gave me a bottle of water.


 

“Thanks.” I twist open the blue cap.


 

“Mrs. Jung.” He scratch his hair. “Do you mind if I call you by your name?”


 

I raised my eyebrows at Chanyeol from the surprised. Maybe Luhan was right. He might be interested in me. i bit my bottom lips and gave Luhan a look. He smirked.


 

“Sure.” I said uncomfortably.


 

Chanyeol laugh nervously and blushed. Such act that does not match his tall and strong figures.


 

“I will see you later. Good work today.” I nodded and passed him as I approach Luhan. Luhan greeted me with a huge smile on his face. He had his leg cross and leaning against the back of the chair. His left hand making circle on the table cloth.


 

“Well, someone is making the move.” He laughed and pierced his eyes on Chanyeol. I blushed with annoyed face.


 

“Come on. Want to be Angel. What is the next lesson?” I looked away.


 

“My number is 10101.” Luhan pouted. He took my hand and lead me out the room.


 

“Where are we going?” I followed him as he drags me like a child dragging his mother.


 

“Whatever you want to do.” His voice is fill with excitement. “Tell me your wish. I am your genie.”


 

I went quiet for a while as I thought of the first thing. I wanted to do. “Do you...” I hesitated on the words. “Do you think I can see my parents again.” He stop walking and spinning around facing me. There was shock in his face. The way his hand squeeze mines told me that he understood everything.


 

“Close your eyes.” He said. We were standing in the middle of the hotel hall. As if I felt the world started spinning, the crowd around us disappeared. I closed my eyes while locking my hand with his. I listen to the pattern of his breathing.


 

His soft voice spoke again. “We are here.” I lift my eyes and saw the torn down house. A dog was barking next door upon our arrival. I recognize the dark and damp stairs to the basement. The red bucket next to the entrance spilling out water. A leaf was floating on the water. It finally flood out the bucket and drift back to the pile of the same.


 

A women in a gray overall dress walked up the stairs with one hand against the handle and the other holding her dress. Her hairs are painted gray and lines visibly draw on her face. She lift her head.


 

The wrinkle on the corner of her eyes disappeared when she raised her eyebrows. Her whole body dropped and tears flooding down her cheeks.


 

“Jessica. Jessica. “ She repeated my name more than ten times. She stretch her arm towards me and bring me into her arm. Her cry grew louder and louder.


 

My hands hesitated, but it move eventually. I slowly wrapped my arms around her. “I am back. Mom.” I whispered and unwillingly tears dropped from my eyes.




 

“This is?” My mother looked over at Luhan.


 

“I am her co-worker.” Luhan answered. There is a sign of disappointment show in my mother’s eyes.


 

We talked about the things that happen. My mother informed me about my dad’s sickness. He can no longer talk or walk. He lives in bed with a machine attached to his heart. She lead me to him with Luhan follow closely behind.


 

I walked in and his eyes met mines. My father’s hand shakes violently and eyes filled with tears. “I know. I know. I am happy to see her too.” My mom smooth his head. I have never seen my parents cared for each other. The things I have learn from them is to be selfish.


 

I took my father’s hand as he struggle to make sense of his voice, but only frustration came out his quivering lips. I kissed the back of his hand, “I understood. You can stop struggling. I am sorry for running away. I am back. Dad. I am back.” The smile instantly spreaded in his face.




 

As soon as we head out the old house, tear bursted out of me. I gasp for air and kneel against the floor. Watching my father like that brings me to guilt. I shouldn’t have blame them for my brother’s death. I shouldn’t have left. Now is too late to bring everything back. I finally understood how much their have love me.


 

i clinch the rocks in my hand and toss it against the road. Luhan run his warm hand against my tears. His eyes were soft, but it didn’t show any sign of pitiness. He fixed my hair and patted my head in a rhythm.  I lean my head against his shoulder and let my crying run.


 

“Where do you want to go next?” He asked.


 

“I want to see my brother. I wish I can tell him. I am not blaming anyone for his death. Thank you for saving my life” I closed my eyes.


 

“He is always protecting you.” I listen to Luhan’s voice. “He loves you more than anything.”


 

“Are you sure?”


 

Luhan stopped talking as if he soul had been drift away.


 

“Have you met him?” I scan his expression.


 

“I met him after he past away.”


 

My eyes grew in shock. “You can see the dead? Can I talk to him? How can I reach him? I just want to see him again.”


 

“You can’t.” His voice calm and still.


 

“How come you can see him?”

 

He never answered my question that day, but I remember the look on his face. It’s the sign of heartbreak and pain.





“Class 101, move on.”

 
 

From Author

Thank you for reading it. Sorry for the lack of update. I have been working on college application.

I will be back soon.