Lesson 10

Teach Me: How to Love

Lesson 10

 

Jessica Jung

 

“Wait.” I took a few step back. “You mean he remembers you.”


 

“Yes.” His puppy eyes turned to me. “He knew I am dead too”


 

“But why did he... How... He...” I was lost for words. I can’t imagine the life he had as a human. He didn’t say anything after that. For a long time, I followed him. We rested on the bench by the river. His light brown eyes reflected the brightness of the moon. The long gaze towards the sky relaxed me. However, I was nervous. I am scared that one day I will have to look up and see Luhan leaves me. I turned back to him and hope to print his image into brain.


 

I felt as sleep after that.


 

Luhan

 

Her head lightly touched my shoulder. When I turned my face away from heaven, I found the angel next to me. Unconsciously, I lifted my hand to touch her smooth and pink skin.


 

A shock stopped me. I am not meant to be the one who cherish her. My time had been the past. If only I can be the one to love her, I would tell her everything about the past. I would have saved those painful times she had went through.


 

Now it is not up to me. I wrapped my arms around her as she comfortably sleeps. I misses the way her lips curls up when she smile. I wish I can only stay beside her forever, but these guilt in me won’t allow that.


 

I own this girl too much. Because of my stupid choices, I brought her years of pain and struggle. It is time to bring her happiness.


 

Chanyeol and Kris couldn’t be better. They both showed her unmeasurable admiration and love. It was me who is too selfish to let her leave me.


 

I finally touched her warm face. She look so peaceful. Just like the day when I met her as a human. The year when I die, the year when I became a genie. Ever since, I have been in a mission to become an angel. I was hoping to pay off my guilt to Jessica.


 

I am a sinner.


 

“Ssica. Please, don’t remember me.”


 

-flash back-

 

“I will remember it.” She told me in a very sweet voice. The corner of her lips lifted up and slowly formed a bright smile. The wind blow against her long night black hair.


 

“You are not going to remember this!” I joked.


 

“Come on, Luhan. This tree is not going to be moved. I guarantee.” She said confidently.


 

“You can’t see the future.” I fight back.


 

“I can’t, but I will buy this land.” She laugh and took a spin around the tree. “This.” She pointed at the names that we have carved deep into the tree.


 

“What about that?”


 

“With this, I will never forget my first love even if I want to.” She smiles widely.


 

“Oh gosh. What have I got myself into!” I slapped my face jokingly. She pouted with a cute expression. Her hands on her hips.


 

“Watch it. I will get you.” She laughs joyfully.


 

I planted a kiss on her lips and ran away. She cheerfully chased after me. Her white dress flows along with the wind. We had fun. We were kids. We were in love.


 

After the day I died, her memories are switched and shutted down by her human coping skills. Day after day, I was replaced by Kris.


 

I watched as she falls in love with another man.

Now, I will do it again. This time I will protect her. I will work with her together to solve the problems she had been facing.


 

I will heal her.



 

“Jessica Jung. My selfishness is toxic. I don’t deserve to love you. Please find happiness.” I felt the tears running down my cheeks. “You are my everything.”




 

Everything would have been different, if only I didn’t make the stupid decision of trying to kill your whole family.




“Class 101, I am in pain.”

 

 


Hello, everyone!

I had been became a little detached from fanfictions right now, because I am experiencing with different type of literature and writing.

However, I don't like to leave things unfinished. That's why I want to at least finished this fanfic before I move on to other ones. A good new is that I have the plot of this story all plan out now. So no more head scratching to write the next chapter.- phew-

Hope you have enjoyed. See you next chapter.