chapter eight

Brown Eyed Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

chapter eight

 

It just doesn’t make any sense. He has a girlfriend, for crying out loud! What else he want from a woman like me?

 

“We are here.”

 

Jonathan’s voice snaps me from my thought. I wait, stiff and nervous in my seat. My hand is still entwined with Mr. Jung’s. I don’t care anymore whether it is sweating or blistering or even bleeding.

 

“Leave us.”

 

“Alright, sir.” Without looking back, Jonathan climbs out of the car. He closes the door gently.

 

All the time, I avert my gaze away, but I know that Mr. Jung’s eyes are strained on me. My stomach coils as the silence continues inside the car. Please, please say something.

 

At the gentle brush of his thumb on my knuckles, my hand jerks inside his grip. I try so hard to loosen my muscles, but it’s almost impossible as the tension grows.

 

“Look at me.”

 

I shake my head. Speaking is not an option. My throat feels like being choked because suddenly I feel overwhelmed by my own emotion.

 

“Look at me and say that you don’t want to be with me.”

 

What does that even mean? I remain silent, more because I don’t know what he meant. His thumb keeps my knuckles soothingly, creating havoc inside my chest.

 

“I’ve missed you.”

 

Whoa!

 

“I waited for hours in front of your apartment just only to see you. It drove me crazy that you left like that.”

 

Holy cow! He must be joking, right? Inhaling huge amount of air, I turn round. My free hand trembles slightly. “Is this a joke?”

 

“No.” Eyes burning bright, Mr. Jung holds my stare.

 

“Before I left, you said you’re my boyfriend. What does that mean?”

 

The corners of his lips tip up. “It meant that we’re together.”

 

I wag a finger from him to me and back again. “We’re together?”

 

Now, the sensual smile fully blossoms on his face. “If you will have me.”

 

This man will be the death of me. “Why would you want me when you already have Baek Suzy?” I challenge.

 

His smile vanishes. “She’s not my girlfriend.”

 

I arch an eyebrow, suddenly feeling bold. “She was your girlfriend.”

 

He scowls. “No. We went out together several times, but that didn’t mean she was my girlfriend.”

 

“Why I’ve never heard that before? That you went out with her, I mean. Is that why I had to accompanying you to few galas? You wanted her to think you already had her replacement.”

 

“Jesus Yuri! Can we stop talking about her? She was not my girlfriend. Period.”

 

I frown at him. “We have to. She was here, Mr. Jung.”

 

His hand squeezes mine almost painfully. I don’t try to tug my hand free because he seems have a hard time to control his breathing. I’m afraid he’d lose it and well, no one will help me.

 

“You don’t trust me, do you?”

 

My conscious rolls her eyes dramatically. Hello, I’ve just known you less than two weeks ago. “I’m not.”

 

“Why?”

 

Oh God, will I ever get a peace?! “Mr. Jung, we always argue all the time.”

 

“How will you ever understand me when you don’t want listen to my explanation?”

 

Good Lord! Did he get a hit on the head recently? I stare at him in wonder. Why would he want to explain it now after I decided to leave? “Don’t you think that it is too late for that?” He didn’t even consider it when I was still staying!

 

“Give me second chance.” He is all but pleading.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter