chapter twelve

Brown Eyed Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

chapter twelve

 

I watch in bewilderment as Yunho’s face falls. Oh please, let this be good news. I don’t think I can bear another pained look on his face. It doesn’t suit my man. I drop a kiss on his lips softly.

 

“Tell me. It’s okay.” I whisper.

 

“It’s about your uncle. He came in town in search of you.”

 

I feel the blood drained from my face. “When was that?”

 

“About two weeks ago.”

 

Oh God! No wonder Yunho had been hell bent about me returned back to my apartment. He’s been protecting me. But why wouldn’t he tell me sooner? And why would that piece of trash coming back? We had separated for good. I had given him all my parents’ inheritance.

 

“How did you know that he was looking for me?”

 

Yunho drags a hand over his face. A sign of stress and all. “I’ve assigned my men to watch over you. They found the bastard spying your house.”

 

My mouth drops in disbelief. “You’ve been stalking me?!”

 

The facts that he never left me alone even after I quitted the job both infuriate and pleased me. But the very pissed woman inside me wins. Yunho stares at me darkly. Disapproval latches on every inch of his face. Hey it’s not my fault. It’s a creepy to have stalker, isn’t it? How could I not notice before that his men had been watching me is beyond me.

 

I cross my arms over my chest regally even when I know that I’m perched on this scowling man’s lap. I just can’t help myself. “Next time you know I’m in danger, you just have to tell me.”

 

“Would you believe me?”

 

Damn! He has a good point. I scowl back at him. “Look, he just probably missed his niece. It’s been five years we haven’t seen each other. If he means no good, then he’d have already stolen everything I have. He’s very good at break in someone’s house.”

 

“It’s not funny.” Yunho hisses. “Your safety is not something I’d take lightly.”

 

Oh. Is that even possible having your heart melting when you are fuming with anger? But I do. His face softens at whatever he sees in my face.

 

Awkwardly, I uncross my arms and put my hands on my lap like some timid girl from middle ages. Only, I’m currently sitting on a man’s lap who watching me closely with those unwavering brown eyes.

 

“Okay.” I say weakly, trying to break the tension. “I’ll do whatever you told me. But please, let me work.”

 

When his expression turns hard again, I plea him with my eyes, widen them and all like the cat character on Shrek. Yunho doesn’t even blink. Fine, you bull!

 

“I’ll go crazy if I’m not working soon. I work for living, you know.”

 

He shoots me another hard look. Why the hell everything I said is pissing him off? For a second, I wonder if he’d throw me off his lap. He certainly looks pissed-off enough to do that.

 

“Please, please.” I chant in a voice that I hope would sound cute. It seems like I fail though when I see the look on his face. I do the only way I know. I push at his chest, ignoring his narrowed eyes and his hands on my waist.

 

In one swift movement, he reverses our position. My legs spread wide open to cradle his hip. And God help me why suddenly I feel so turn on rather than pissed. His chest pins me to the bed and he has both my hands over my head gripped on the wrists with one of his.

 

“You cannot do this every time we have argument!” I protest viciously, trying to buck him off my suddenly very hot body. “We should talk and this is not the most comfortable position to do that.”

 

“Why can’t you listen to me?” He hisses as my movement brings our body flush against each other.

 

“I do! I listen! Why can’t you?!” My cheeks flush crimson when I feel his hardness between my legs.

 

Oh God, I feel like fainting. Somewhere along the way, I forget that I should throw him off of me, not rubbing myself against his very hot,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter