chapter six

Brown Eyed Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

chapter six

 

I bolt out of the bed once I feel something touch my face. Dazed and disoriented, I stare straight into Mr. Jung’s face. The look on his face is so priceless I’d have laugh out loud if I wasn’t so nervous at the moment. When my sight is finally clearing I almost let out a wail.

 

Crap! Crap! Crap!

 

“What time is it?” I ask in horror as my eyes rake over the magnificent man before me in his suit. There’s no word enough to define how glorious he looks right now.

 

Blinking, he straightens his coat. “I was waking you up for breakfast. You didn’t eat anything last night.”

 

In fast motion, I run to the bathroom and lock the door behind me just in case my nuts boss would follow me. That’s very rude, I know. But what choice do I have? I hear him walking out of my bedroom and close the door.

 

In ten minutes top, I’ve showered, dressed and ready. After rearranging the speech over and over again in my head, I take a deep breath and come out of the bedroom. I can do this and he must accept my decision no matter what. And last night . . . well, last night doesn’t mean anything.

 

My eyes fall upon Jonathan first. As usual, the American guy looks good in everything he wears. As I walk deeper into the kitchen area, I see Mr. Jung is seated beside him with a cup of coffee in his hand. Shame washes over me at the thought of those two men have already made breakfast without waiting for me.

 

Mr. Jung turns around before I can reach them as if he can sense my presence without seeing me first. I gulp back a wince and paste a smile.

 

“I’m so sorry –“

 

“Sit.” Mr. Jung motions at the stool beside him.

 

What a greeting! Even though I long for a protest, I remain silent.

 

“Can you wait us in the great room?” He asks Jonathan who immediately stands up and walks out of the kitchen area.

 

I frown down at my hands as Jonathan walks by, afraid to see the look on his face. I’ve caused many troubles for him yesterday and I’m sure as hell that he is mad at me.

 

“Yuri?”

 

I walk over and sit my self cautiously on the stool. Okay, here we go. “Mr. Jung –“

 

“Coffee?”

 

I look up in surprise. I suspect something is definitely wrong with this man’s head? “Look, I –“

 

“You want some toast?”

 

Without waiting me to answer, he settles a plate in front of me along with a cup of coffee. The smell of cream and the coffee itself is a pure torture for my senses. Hell, this devil knows how to distract me. I swallow hardly as I stare at the food before my eyes. But I can’t let my self enjoy the pleasure of meal before I clear the problem between us. My stomach, however, has its own mind. The rumble is loud enough to humiliate me.

 

“Dig in.” He orders.  

 

“You don’t have to wait for me to finish.” I mutter as I reach for the peanut butter jar he has put near my plate. It’s maddeningly frightening how he knows what my favorite breakfast is.

 

He doesn’t say anything until I almost finish my first toast. But when I wolf down the last bite, he says. “I’ve cleared off my schedule for today.”

 

I choke on the toast and end up coughing. Is he crazy? He has important meeting this morning, if I’m not mistaken. Why would he postpone it?

 

“Here, drink slowly.” He holds the cup in my lips.

 

Eyes filled with tears, I look up at him. “You can’t. You have a meeting.”

 

Mr. Jung shrugs off my protest and insists me to take another sip. I comply this time because my throat still feels burning. After I take another sip, I shift to face him fully.

 

“You really shouldn’t do that.” I chastise.

 

“My company, my concern.” He says easily.

 

Everybody knows that. Despite the embarrassment that I just scolded my boss, I’m not looking away. “Yeah but it makes me responsible for taking your time. Look, it’ll be the best if I just quit. Mr. Jung, you really need to hire a new PA who can be more . . . competent.”

 

 His infamous scowl appears instantly. “It’s a shame that a brilliant woman like you can be so full of insecurities.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter