chapter sixteen

Brown Eyed Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chapter sixteen

 

 

“You shouldn’t be here.”

 

I whisper steeply since emotion has clogged my throat. When I watch closer, his devilish brown eyes are suspiciously moist.

 

He smiles sadly. “I should be with my girl wherever she goes.”

 

Oh Yunho.

 

He came for me! He came for me!Unable to hold back the emotion, I sob in front of him, not caring whoever that will see me weeping like a child. I sob and sob until I’m physically exhausted. Yunho lifts me into his arms and takes me outside the hell hole the monster brought me in. Outside, there are lots of police men shouting.

 

My back hurts but I’m not going to protest since I’m currently in Yunho’s arms again. His scent helps to calm me down. Maybe it has been programed in my head that whenever I inhale his scent I know that I’m safe. That’s a very interesting theory. I’ll research it further once I’m out of this place.

 

Yunho takes me straight to an Ambulance car where the paramedics are ready with their equipment. I snuggle deeper in his arms. My arms circle around his neck.

 

“Let the paramedics check you, sunshine.” He says softly. “Put my mind at rest, will you?”

 

Who am I to deny him? At this moment, I’ll do anything he wants. “Okay.”

 

Yunho never leaves my side even when the police ask him questions. The paramedics suggest that I should be rest in a hospital for a day or two, but I refuse. I don’t need hospital or doctor or medicine. All I need is Yunho with me in his bed and his arms around me. But it’s impossible to tell them and the police that.

 

Instead, I beg Yunho with my eyes until he finally gives up and promise the paramedics that I will be home rested. Yunho is still standing beside me while the paramedics bandaging my wrists.

 

The monster, he is nowhere in sight. Silently, I thank God that it’s over. Oh God, it’s over. He won’t be able to bother me again and Yunho is really here.

 

“Hey, hey. Baby. Please, don’t cry again.” Ignoring the paramedics’ protests, he lifts me into his arms and makes a bee-line straight to his car.

 

I weep and weep into his neck as the reality dawn on. A huge wave of relief washes over me and my body sags against Yunho’s. He is so warm and vital that I hang onto him for my dear life while he whispers soothing words in my ear and kisses my temple, hair, everywhere his soft lips can reach.

 

“I love you. I love you so much.” I sniff again. “I’m sorry for everything. I thought I’d never see you again. I was so stupid.”

 

He crushes my mouth to his, probably to silence me since I’m babbling nonsense. My thought is jumble of mess in my head but the moment his lips come in touch with mine, they are gone. There is only Yunho and Yunho. Is that even possible one can love so big, so deep in the short period of time?

 

Yunho pulls away gently before dragging his lips upward to kiss each of my wet eyelids. It’s such a sweet gesture that once again my heart melts for him and butterflies flutter in my stomach.

 

“No more crying for you.” His voice is suspiciously deep and hoarse, like he is struggling with his own emotion.

 

“I’m just – okay.” I say on a sigh. After all, I’m in his arms again. There’s no home for me other than inside Yunho’s arms. I nuzzle his neck and plant a soft kiss on the skin behind his ear.

 

Out of sudden, Jonathan climbs inside the car grim-faced. Yunho is tensing immediately. And all I can thing is what the hell with these men? When one looks so pissed, the other will follow instantly like there’s some kind of invincible wire connecting them. My thought goes back to the parking lot. I scan Jonathan thoroughly, searching for the telltale of a bullet wound or two.

 

He must have caught the worry in my eyes from the rearview mirror.

 

“I’m fine Ms. Kwon.”

 

Ah thank God.

 

But Yunho scowls at him. I swear these men are driving me nuts with their secret signals.

 

“Are you sure? I thought you were dying.” Tears spring back to my eyes.

 

Yunho mutters curses under his breath. “Eyes on me sunshine.” With his thumb and index finger, he lifts my chin. “No one dying. No one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter