chapter three

Brown Eyed Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

chapter three

 

Sunday morning, I slip out of the penthouse at three in the morning. I’ll say it’s his mistake since he gave me the front door key. Ha! It’s my perfect opportunity to escape from this madness even if it’s only for fifteen hours. And of course I’m ready for his ire when I’m back since for me it’s worth the feeling of freedom. Let’s worry about that later.

 

I manage to get out of the building without getting caught. I walk few blocks away before taking a cab to my apartment. I need to get some personal stuff even when Mr. Jung has provided everything for me. Ignoring the driver’s inquiry gaze from the rear view mirror, I look out of the window. He must be thinking that I’m a e.

 

“Thank you.” I mumble as I give him some cash. I still don’t like the way he keeps staring at me though. And I lock the door behind me in case the man has bad intention.

 

For three hours, I rummage through my drawer to collect silly things I’ve been kept. Quitting my job is not an option unless I’m ready to face the wrath of Mr. Jung. I even shudder just by thinking about it. He has made it very clear yesterday that I’m not leaving the job and that I have to face the consequence if I quit. Even Jonathan’s lips have thinned as he looked at me with disapproval. All I could think was, what the hell is wrong with these people?

 

And so the tension in the house is so palpable that I couldn’t sleep well for two nights in row. Even having meal with the two men was pure agony. After finish putting the stuff in two boxes, my stomach begins its protest. In the end, I leave the boxes and I will take it later before return to my tower. Talk about damsel in distress.

 

I stop by at my favorite place for breakfast. It’s almost seven in the morning and since its Sunday, people have already filled the place. I make my way inside the crowded café and find small table in the corner. Thank God it near the glass wall I’m not going to feel locked. After making my order, I switch my phone on to check my emails. I have yet decided what to do with my apartment.

 

Double crap!

 

Twenty messages are proof enough that I’ve drove Mr. Jung crazy with worry. Suddenly, I feel this sick feeling of guilty. Oh no! Don’t go there. How could this be my fault? I’m an adult. I can make decision for myself. I’m not tied to him in anyway other than being his assistant. Feeling upset with myself, I switch my phone off again. I won’t let him ruin my outing day. Not over my dead body.

 

By one P.M, I feel so giddy, both with excitement and fear. I brazenly drank six glass of wine earlier at the restaurant because when I checked my phone again, there were over fifty messages and I was both so mad and frightened. Now, I’m on my way to my apartment with two cups of black coffee in my hands. People stare at me oddly while I keep sipping the coffee.

 

By the time I turn around the corner, I drop the cups and the hot liquid splash on my sandaled-feet. I don’t try to rub them even when my skin feels like on fire. I just stare straight ahead. My eyes are landed on the very image of furious Mr. Jung. He is pacing back and forth in front of my apartment building, taking fistful of his hair in his hands and tugging angrily. Jonathan has his back on me, phone in ear and stiff shoulder.

 

Holy !

 

I’m so not going to survive this. Mr. Jung growls something and Jonathan’s stiff shoulder tense even more. My hands are shaking badly on my sides. Tears burn the back of my head, added by the painful burn on my feet. I feel like begging him for forgiveness on my knees but my body can’t move.

 

I wait in slow motion as his head lifts and his eyes find me. My breath catches in my throat when Mr. Jung strides forward with hard expression on his face. I close my eyes, waiting for a slap on my cheek? hands on my shoulders and shaking me furiously? I don’t know.

 

I tense when I feel him standing close in front of me until I feel his arms around me, pulling forward into his warm chest. My resolve crumbles and I sob into his neck.

 

“Better?” Mr. Jung grunts as he wipes my cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter