chapter two

Brown Eyed Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

chapter two

 

My boss is a lunatic. That’s understatement of the year. After working for five days and put up with him, I finally can learn to control my urge to kill him. The new things in my life are:

Now, I live with my boss in his penthouse. And I have my own room. But note this, I AM NOT HIS HAREM. My job as his PA includes doing the groceries, cooking for him and working out with him. I really hate the last one. Another note, I AM NOT HIS MAID. I also have to accompanying him to few galas even when he is not lack of women companions. Note again, I AM NOT HIS DATE.

 

Imagine how complicated the tasks of my job are. I consider calling Mr. Wang to complaint but quickly dismiss the idea. At the first sound of his fatherly voice, I’d go ballistic and probably hunting him down to slice his throat open for giving me this super weird job. Arguing with Mr. Jung is another waste of time. He is unreasonable. Everything he wants, that’s what I will get.

 

And so this confuses me even more. I live under the same roof with him, I work as his assistant, and he gives me world like I’d give a about it. The problem is I’m not his woman. We’re not exclusive.  Since the last elevator incident, he hasn’t made another move yet on me. Not that I wish he would. Okay, maybe a little bit to brighten my day.

 

Traitorous mind!

 

Gah! I don’t know what to think! The question is what am I for him? His doll? I snort disdainfully. It’s so amazing how Jonathan can put up with him for years.

 

“Yuri, are you alright?”

 

“Huh?” I look up and find Onew has himself seated across me. His tray of food is still untouched. Oh God, how long has he been sitting there? I flush as his eyes glint with humor.

 

So this Onew guy is my new friend. I make not much of friends here, just few guys that I like because they’ve been very helpful and understanding. The women, they can’t look at me without putting that jealous glare on their faces. Lucky me.

 

“You’ve been eavesdropping me.”

 

He points his fork at me. “I’m certainly not. You spoke loud enough for everyone here to hear.”

 

“Story of my life.” I mutter, before stabbing at my salad fiercely.

 

“How was your day?” He asks while chewing his chicken leg. “Must be full of adventure, right?”

 

“Amazing.” I roll my eyes. “You’d never imagine it.”

 

He bites into his chicken again. Gosh, he likes chicken so much that I start to worry about chicken population in this planet. On his plate, there are two chicken legs and three chicken wings.

 

“So, where’s this boss of us?” He asks again even when I’m sure he doesn’t give a care in the world where Mr. Jung is.

 

“I’m here Mr. Lee.”

 

Speaking of the devil! He scares the out of me by showing at our table out of sudden. What’s wrong with this man? “Oh God,” I rub my chest ferociously to steady my hammering heartbeat meanwhile Onew is coughing into his hand. Seriously, Mr. Jung could get arrested for accidently murdering his workers.

 

“Why don’t you tell me that you’re hungry?” He frowns down at me instead of apologizing.

 

Because I don’t need your permission to eat, you bollock! It’s impossible enough for me to behave like a lady around him lately. Sometimes, I feel like ripping my head off for all I care. Exhaling amount air of fury, I force my lips to make a smile. “I didn’t want to disturb you. I was planning to come back before you finish your meeting and ask you what you want for lunch.”

 

His frown is permanently there that I momentary afraid it would forever stick to his forehead. Then he scowls at my tray of food before looking at me again.

 

“You should’ve told me no matter what I was doing at the moment.”

 

Wow oh wow! Even Onew is staring at us back and forth with mouth wide open. I clear my throat to gain some sense into my mushy brain.

 

“I apologize for my carelessness, Mr. Jung. I won’t do it again in the future.”

 

He scowls but doesn’t say anything because his eyes are now foc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter