Part 2

Secret To Happiness

          "I am so angry right now." Joy fumed as she attempted to cleaned the soup off of her white top. Seulgi put some soap on some damp paper towels and tried to rub out the kimchi stains. "It wasn't even her fault.." Seulgi tried to get Joy less mad at the girl who was responsible for the dirtying of her clothes. 

          "Don't even try to defend her, you saw what happened." Seulgi was growing angrier and angrier at Joy, why did Joy have to hate on someone who did absolutely nothing to her. "Yeah, you saw what happened too. She was pushed by your girlfriend, that's why this happened." And that was exactly what happened. "Don't go blaming this on Irene." Joy glared at Seulgi, and Seulgi let out a sharp sigh and left the bathroom. 

          "Why is Joy being so unfair? Why did she defend her non-deserving girlfriend?" Seulgi thought as she stomped off to her locker. Joy didn't use to bully Wendy as much as she did now. 

          "Ouch!" A girl cried as she hit the ground due to the impact she felt when Seulgi forcefully bumped into her. "I'm so sorry! Are you o-..." Seulgi eyes widened and she stopped talking. She was shocked, this was the first time she has ever talked to Wendy since knowing her in first grade. 

          Wendy got up quickly, ignoring the stinging pain coming from her elbow which was penetrated by sharp pieces of who-knows-what that was on the floor. She bowed apologetically and attempted to walk away before Seulgi grasped her wrist tightly. 

          "Wendy, you're hurt." Seulgi pulled Wendy to face her, but all Wendy did was look at the floor. She wanted to run away, she hated Seulgi and didn't want to be talking to her. Seulgi was blowing the dirt off her wound, trying to get all the little pieces out to avoid infection. Wendy slowly looked up at the brunette, she wanted to yank her arm away and tell her to off, but something was stopping her from doing so. 

          "I have some tissue in my bag, but when I let go you can't run away." Seulgi looked at Wendy, and Wendy quickly diverted her stare, Seulgi noticed this and smiled a little, it was cute to her. Seulgi steadily let go of Wendy's arm and went to get some tissue to wipe of the blood from Wendy's elbow. "Sorry about Joy, she can be kind of difficult sometimes. I think it's her damn girlfriend, she's the worst influence." Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows thinking of Irene, she was annoying and cause unecessary drama; to think they used to be bestfriends...

          Yup, Seulgi and Irene were the best of friends through middle school but after Seulgi had a revelation that Irene did her absolutely no good, she stopped associating her self with the girl with the pink-dyed ends. 

          Seulgi found the tissue and lead Wendy to a nearby bathroom, where she clean the wound. Seulgi, being the warm girl that she was, hated the icy atmosphere surrounding the two. She's never talked to Wendy, she never knew how much she was hated by her. "Doesn't it hurt?" Seulgi looked up slightly from the wound to the black haired girl, she finally caught Wendy's gaze and Wendy seemed too intimidated to look away. 

          Seulgi kept looking at Wendy, expecting a reply, after waiting awhile she look back to the elbow. Wendy didn't know why she wanted to talk to the girl, but she surpressed it and kept shut. When Seulgi looked away from her, she felt in a way, neglected, like Seulgi gave up on her. So she spoke. "It's just a little bit of blood.I'm okay." Seulgi faced Wendy quickly, realizing this was the first time she's heard Wendy's voice so close, so loud, it was the first time it was directed to her. She smiled slightly as Wendy continued with her cold front. 

          "I mean the bullying, all the constant reminders of your imperfections that aren't that imperfect, all the snide comments of your family." Wendy clenched her teeth, of course it hurt but there was nothing she could do to make it stop. Plus, through the years, she got immune to some of the things they said; but of course they always thought of new ones. 

          "I'm okay." She managed to blurt out over all the truth she had on the tip of her tongue, ready to jump the gun. The look in Wendy's eyes and face told a different story than 'I'm okay' though, and Seulgi could see that. "You don't have to hide anything in front of me, I not here to make fun of you." Seulgi paused. "You're not okay." She sighed out, she just wanted to help because she has been witness to this poor girl being belittled for 12 years, maybe it was time to make a change. 

          "I try to be okay. It's the effort that counts right?" Seulgi finished cleaning and bandaging injury, Wendy walked out of the bathroom as soon as Seulgi was done, not forgetting to mumble a 'thank you'. Seulgi wasn't done talking to her though, and she hated leaving conversations unfinished. She raced after the girl, picking up her backpack and textbook from the bathroom floor. 

          She caught up to Wendy, who was walking pacticularly slow compared to her usual 'avoid-everyone-walk'. "We have sociology together, let's walk together." Seulgi smiled the eye smile that Wendy so very despised. They walked quietly and awkwardly, Wendy never walked anywhere with anyone and to have the most popular girl walk with her was unexpected. She questioned how and why Seulgi didn't realize that she didn't like her, or why she was walking with her if she did know. 

          They eventually reached Mrs. Park's sociology class, and Wendy thanked God for it, she couldn't stand one more second with Seulgi. However, before they could go in, Seulgi clutched her shoulder and pulled her back outside. "Let's sit together?" Wendy contemplated whether to reject her or just go with it; sociology was organized by two-person-groups. "I don't want to." Wendy said quietly, Seulgi frowned sadly, she wasn't used to being turned downed like that. 

          "Why?" Wendy looked away from what she thought was a scary glare, it was actually a sorrowful pout. She shook her head and shrugged merely, she entered the classroom and Seulgi followed. Some people looked weirdly at Wendy, who was she to walk with Kang Seulgi? Seulgi glared angrily to the people who glared at Wendy, she didn't like the fact that people just hated every little thing that she did. The bottom line was that Wendy was none of their business. 

          Wendy took a seat a the back and put her backpack on the seat beside her own, Seulgi sulked at Wendy's actions and took a seat directly in front of Wendy. "Hey.." Joy sighed out as she took her usual seat beside Seulgi, she knew Seulgi was a bit mad at what happened during lunch. Joy turned around and gave Wendy a slight scowl for 'causing' the situation between her and her bestfriend. 

          "Stop being mad for no reason, Seul. I admit it wasn't completely her fault but it's not Irene's either!" Seulgi was accepting it for a second before Joy brought up Irene. "It wasn't completely Wendy's fault? It wasn't her fault at all, Joy. I understand Irene's your girlfriend or whatever, but you can't blame her fault on others. Irene pushed her and she fell on you, that was it. You went off on her, you didn't have to call her ugly, you didn't have to call her useless, you didn't have to say stuff about her father and mother." Seulgi lectured Joy, it was hard to convice someone that their girlfriend is a problem; especially when their girlfriend is as manipulative and sly as Irene was. 

          "Irene pushed her for a reason, Seul." Seulgi fumed at Joy. "Are you ing serious Joy? There is never a reason to pushed anybody other than self-denfense. Wendy didn't even acknowledge Irene." Joy knew that everything Seulgi was saying was right, but defending Irene was like her civil duty now that she was pretty much whipped by the cunning girl. "Sorry, Seulgi, I agree with you. But if Irene asks, tell her I defended her the whole way through." Joy finally gave up and Seulgi was glad, that was the real Joy, the one that had morals and integrity, Seulgi hadn't seen it in a while. 

          "I'll make sure Irene knows that, if you apologize." 

          "Seulgi, I'm sorry for-"

          "Not to me." Seulgi jerked her head toward Wendy who was actually listening to the whole conversation. She couldn't help but be grateful for the way Seulgi defended her like that, it somehow gave Wendy a sense of security for once in her life. It was so hard for her to understand why Seulgi was so kind; Seulgi never talked to Wendy before, it was obvious that Wendy hated Seulgi, and everyone else hated Wendy, so why did Seulgi treat her with respect and care? Seulgi even went against her bestfriend to defend her, she just couldn't comprehend why. 

          "Do I have to? I have pride, you know?" Joy pleaded, Seulgi rolled her eyes and opened her textbook, begining to read. Joy sighed deeply, knowing that nothing else other than apoligizing to the weirdest girl in school would satisfy Seulgi. Like Seulgi suspected, Joy didn't apoligize and so Seulgi continued to ignore Joy for the rest of the period, for the rest of the day. 

          "I can't believe Joy is so prideful and egotistic even after knowing she is wrong." Seulgi thought as she threw her needed textbooks and binders into her backpack, getting ready to go home. She made her way outside through the front door and began to make her way home. She was surprised to see Joy standing in front of Wendy, bowing. She stayed back, deciding not interfere unless something bad was going to happen. 

          After a good 2 or 3 minutes, Joy left Wendy and made her way home and Seulgi came out from behind the wall run to Wendy, before she got into the car waiting for her. Wendy screamed when she felt somebody holding her hand, she was shocked and when she turned around she see Seulgi, she was still shocked. You don't talk to a person for 12 years of knowing them then suddenly one day, you have multiple run-ins with them. 

          "Sorry for scaring you." Seulgi scatched her nape and smiled apologetically, Wendy shook her head slightly. "It's okay.. What do you want?" She said quietly. 

          "What did Joy say?" Seulgi absolutely did not want to hear that Joy did something bad. 

          "She apologized to me." Seulgi was surpised but glad, Joy let down her ego to apologize, something she never did since beginning to date Irene. "Good."

          "Thank you... For making that happen. It was the first time someone said sorry to me, for anything really." Wendy looked away, she was embarassed her admit how disrespected she was by her family, her peers, the world. Seulgi didn't know that Wendy would hear the conversation between her and Joy during Sociology. 

          "Don't thank me, you deserve respect, Wendy. If you have any problems in the future, just come talk to me, okay?" Wendy didn't know what to say, she didn't want Seulgi to be so nice to her but it felt relieving, having someone being on your side for once. It would be more relieving if that person wasn't Seulgi though, but it was her only offer.

          Wendy left Seulgi's 'okay?' unanswered, and made her way into the long black car. Seulgi sighed and made her way back home.

 

TBC

Yay, Chapter 2 is out! Who saw Red Velvet on Hello Counselor? Wendy is so adorable man <3 Hello Counselor is one of my favourite Koeran varieties and Red Velvet is now one of my favourite groups so it was nice seeing them on it. 

Anyways, leave me a comment and tell me if you want me to continue this fanfic. I'll see you next time, bye :]