Part 7

Secret To Happiness

          "How did you find her anyways?" Seulgi was itchy and anxious, she was excited and scared at the same time. It had been almost two weeks since she has talked to Wendy or even had the guts to look Wendy in the eye or even at the back of the Wendy's head at the least.

          "Well I actually wasn't intending to look for her, I was looking for you. I past by and I heard some beautiful music. You had to be there to believe how amazing the melody and harmonics were. The emotion and passion could clearly be heard as it was wonferfully entangled in the piece. I thought it was you playing that piano and then I heard the voice and it wasn't you. I checked and you can guess the rest of the story." Joy smiled her trademark toothy grin as she led Seulgi closer and closer. 

          Soon enough, they could both hear the piano ringing throughout the halls. Seulgi was entranced and ignoring anything Joy was saying (if she was even saying anything at all). Joy heard music; beautiful, melodic music. However, Seulgi heard something else. She heard a broken heart pounding and beating on the scraps of strings it still hangs on. Seulgi heard a love and passion just as strong as the fiery inside her own heart, pulsing on piano keys and creating an improvisation that was simply magnificent.

          The piano was becoming louder and closer as they walked closer and nearer to the music room. Suddenly a voice came in singing the most heart-breaking of lyrics that were clearly coming from the hurt of a wounded soul. Joy watched Seulgi eyes soften and mouth form into a velvet bittersweet smile as she knew that the voice belonged to no other than the girl she loved. Joy found it easy to admit that she had never seen Seulgi so emotional in her life; so happy when she had found love or so angry when she lost her love.

          "There she is." Seulgi peaked into the window that was embedded in the door. "Are you gonna go talk to her?" Joy took a peak into the room and Wendy's back was toward the door. "I don't want to interupt her beauty." Seulgi smiled gently and Joy punch her shoulder playfully. "Cheeseball." Seulgi shrugged. "Can't help it when it comes to her." Seulgi's cheeks flushed into a deep velvety red.

          After a couple minutes, Wendy finally ended her original song with a soft melody on the piano. What Seulgi saw next set off a pang of guilt within her, Wendy bursted into tears and it was clear that she was hurting even more than Seulgi was. "What have I done Joy? I dragged her into my world and frabricated a world of false expectations for her. I told her I would save her and I think I let her fall off the edge."

          Joy patted Seulgi's back firmly in pity and sympathy. "So go grab her hand and pull her up from her fall. You can tell that she loves you too, right? She's waiting for you to come rescue her, Knight." Seulgi scoffed at Joy. "Tch, who's the cheeseball now?" Joy rolled her eyes and opened the door, quickly shoving Seulgi into the room. 

          Wendy spun around from facing the piano to the door. Seulgi quickly gathered herself and stood up from the ground. They slowly made eye contact with eachother and it was awkward, very awkward. All Seulgi could think about was how she was with Wendy before, she just wanted everything back to how it was before that day. On the other hand, Wendy has been wishing that she never met Seulgi. She couldn't deal with the pain that came with Kang Seulgi. 

          "That was... Astounding." Seulgi took a step toward Wendy and notice how Wendy's body language made it seem like she was going to run away if Seulgi took another step further, so Seulgi proceeded with caution. She continued to try to strike a conversation with a very shaken Wendy and walked up to Wendy slowly in the process. 

          "We're back at step one, aren't we? You're afraid of me again and I have no idea how you feel about me. I thought I knew for a second, but now I just have no freaking clue, Wendy. Talk to me." Seulgi was right, their whole situation made it seem like they never found eachother at all. All the comprehension, understading, and love was just amongst the high air, not to be reached by either Seulgi or Wendy. 

          Seulgi eventually found her way to Wendy, who was still sitting at the piano. Seulgi knelt down to meet Wendy's sitting height and she looked directly into Wendy's eyes. "You know how much you mean to me, right? That's why it's hurting you to neglect my feelings toward you like this." Wendy averted her eyes from Seulgi's holding gaze, she was much too weak to look into Seulgi's strong eyes. 

          "I know why you are scared and why you were scared, it's because you were confused about what my intentions were. You didn't know if I was here to mock you, to bully you, to trick you... I understand. I just want you to know that, I didn't know exactly what my own intentions were toward you, but I know they were good intentions. You intrigued me for forever and I just wanted to know you, Seunghwan. And somehow during the process of getting to know you better, I got to know myself better. I had many intentions like being kind, caring, and gentle to show you that atruism exists in this world. But you know what...? I never intended to fall in love with you." 

          Wendy's wide eyes just stared at Seulgi, it was a stare that Seulgi feared. She knew there was going to be one day where the truth came out, Seulgi loved Wendy and it couldn't be kept in the dark any longer. The look that Wendy had on her face was confused and her eyes were hollow, but for the most part, her expression was unreadable. Seulgi couldn't help but expect the worst. 

          Regret started to devour Seulgi's body after a minute of silence. Seulgi's hands were shaking and her palms were sweating, she was almost certain that she knew what Wendy was going to say. "It's okay, I understand. I-I just... If you don't want to talk to me anymore, I'll respect your wishes. I just needed the comfort of knowing that you knew exactly how I felt for you." Seulgi shook her head at herself, taking a heavy breath. 

          "Goodbye, Wendy." She left Wendy sitting at the piano. In the moments when Seulgi was leaving, she had the least bit of hope that Wendy would stop her from walking away. Every step was excruciating for Seulgi, she just wanted the Wendy to grab her and tell her to not go away, that she needed her. But she knew that it wasn't going to happen. 

          Seulgi tried not to cry while striding toward the door, she didn't want Wendy's last memory of her to be one where she was sad. Seulgi wanted to be remembered as a smiling, cheery, optimistic girl. 

          "I'll never forget you, Seungwan." Seulgi paused and said before she reached for the door knob and left.

 

THE END. just kidding.

LOL, okay. Sorry for doing that to you. Don't worry, there is more to this story! IT'S NOT THE END YET! :D 

Seulgi and Wendy are back at where they started, as stangers. Or are they? Well, what I mean to convey through this chapter is that hardships and suffering is essential to building a strong emotional relationship with anybody. Wendy and Seulgi's characters may seem like they made no progress after all this drama, but this is just the beginning of a strong friendship. In anything in life, you always need to experience the bad to appreciate the good. So hardships are just a stepping stones toward the better. Remember that the next time you are having a hard time with somebody ;)

I am currently enrolled in an Enriched English course and I'm getting a really bad mark, but I am learning tons. One thing I learned is that good writing has continual themes and lessons that the author conveys clearly. And I'm trying to get more thematic in my writing to offer a more dynamic and analytical experience for the reader :)

I'll update soon, bye~! sorry to the 'Aiding Your Wounds' readers 3: