Part 14

Secret To Happiness

          "You know.." Wendy giggled. The way her fingers just fit into Seulgi's perfectly, it was amazing. The way their souls and auras fit together, it was magical. How they accepted each other's mistakes and flaws like they weren't there at all. It was all just so unbelievable. Wendy could've never imagined how much she's changed, and it's all due to one person. 

          "I know...?" Seulgi repeated in a whisper, she rolled over to get a better look at her favourite girl in the world. They were under the stars, just lying in Seulgi's backyard on a nice big blanket. 

          "You know what I thought of you when you started coming on to me?" Wendy chuckled as Seulgi's expression grew curious. Seulgi knew generally how Wendy felt about her at the beginning. Wendy simply hated Seulgi, there was no other way to put it. Seulgi always wanted to know more though. How? And why?

          "You weren't very fond of me, love." Seulgi said her last syllable as a reminder of how much they meant to each other before Wendy would list out all the reasons to not like her. 

          Wendy kissed Seulgi's lips, feeling a bit of insecurity emitting from the girl. "Well... I thought you were the most pretentious, annoying, self-centred, good-for-nothing, arrogant individual I've ever, ever come across. You were always watching, but never did anything to help me. You were the centre of attention for being absolutely nothing special. Frankly, you were repulsive." Wendy kissed Seulgi again. "But now..." 

          Seulgi frowned slightly. "But now?" She asked in hopes of a light. "But now.. You're mine. And I love you. I love you more than I ever thought I would ever love anything again. You saved me." Wendy sat up and straddled Seulgi, sitting on top of her stomach. 

          "I love you too." Seulgi laughed out as Wendy collapsed down, enveloping her in a koala bear hug. They melted in eachother's warmth, savouring the slight chill in the air. This was probably the last time they would be able to carry their tradition of star gazing until late spring as winter was near and fast approaching.

          So there they sat for the last time in 2015, staring into eachother's eyes. Sometimes Seulgi would wonder what it would've been like if this hadn't happened. What would she have been doing? Would she be dating somebody else? Most importantly, what would Wendy have been doing? As she said, Seulgi saved her. Saved her from hating this world and the fate it gave her, saved her from hating herself. Wendy really needed saving. 

          There was tons that Seulgi wanted to know so badly. Her constant staring into her lover's eyes, it would give her some insight. She could see Wendy's pains, fears, insecurities. But she just really wanted to know why and how. Though she knew it was dangerous to ask; you saved her, don't destroy her. 

          "You know that feeling where you hear a song and it just gives you this ever-lasting nostalgia but you just can't think of where it's coming from? That's how I feel with you. Even though you're so new to me, you give me such a sense of familiarity and comfort. It's like we were tied together in a past life... Somehow." Seulgi whispered into Wendy's ear, warming the tips that were freezing in the fall breeze. 

          "Somehow".

           'Somehow' was there entire relationship. Somehow they got together, somehow they'll get through it. Somehow, some way. I guess it's something to remember, lingering at the back of your mind. 'Somehow' will protect you and comfort you by letting you know that there is a way no matter what. 'Somehow' saved Wendy. 

          The last of 2015, eh? It was times like these that made them think about when their last ever would be. It wasn't good to think about it, but it was unfortunately realistic to. What would drive them apart eventually? Indifference or disagreement would be the often answer. 'We were different people with different dreams.' You hear it all the time, don't you? Even if this didn't feat them, death would. 

          Seeing her breathe in the air triggered some poet within Wendy. "Cold is a feeling you feel until you can't feel it anymore... So is love." Wendy sighed into Seulgi's collarbone. "Why do you say that?" Seulgi cautioned forward, caressing Wendy's back and waist. 

          "Because I'm scared. Will I ever stop feeling love when I'm with you? Will you stop feeling love for me?" Seulgi always worried for Wendy's doubtful mind. Reassurance was hard to give her, because everytime she trusted, she was betrayed. Wendy was scared of a lot of things, some materialistic, a lot of them not. 

          "Trust this love" was all Seulgi said, it was all she wanted to say. Right then, with Wendy in her arms, she wanted to be happy and think happy thoughts. Why is it that humans inherently think of the worst case scenario? Why couldn't we just live in the moment without worrying about outcomes just for once in our lives? 

          It was like Seulgi to challenge humans, society, nature. She was a dreamer, she always was. Hopefully, she always will be because that's honestly what Wendy loved the most about her. Optimist, enabler, dreamer, hoper, lover, idealist. Sometimes impractical, but still thoughtful. She was wonderful. 

          "I trust this love.. Just don't trust myself, not quite yet." Wendy rolled back onto her back, leaving Seulgi's front exposed to the thin air. Seulgi then straddled Wendy, hugging her like Wendy did to her just a few minutes ago. "That's okay. It comes with time. I didn't trust myself either but with you I really learned to discover and find myself, something that I struggled with before. You just need a little time, Seungwan." 

          Wendy found herself smiling, biting her lip. Really the only person on this earth that could ever make her feel better was Seulgi. Seulgi's cheeks went red seeing Wendy's smile. Smitten. 

          "And they ask me why I love you." Seulgi shook her head, referring to all those people who were opposed to Wendy and Seulgi dating at the beginning of it all. She leaned down slowly, kissing Wendy passionately. Seulgi bit Wendy's lip softly and ran through Wendy's light brown hair. 

          Just as Seulgi was getting more aggressive, Wendy pushed her off. "Wendy!!" Seulgi exclaimed in a frustrated tone. 

          "I'm cold, let's go inside." Wendy said with a teasing smile as she ran off toward the house. "Are we gonna continue?" Seulgi got up slowly with a pout painted on her face. 

          "Only if you beat me there!" And off ran Seulgi. 

 

TBC

Ahaa, hi! Are you guys enjoying the more frequent updates? This is the least I can do for you after so long of not updating. I just finished an essay and I had more juice in me so I came here :)) Seuldy's just getting cuter and cuter, eh?

It's 1:36 AM and I have school tomorrow so I should really get to sleep soon. This is kind of personal... But I have a crush on somebody right now and that probably plays a role into why I like writing so much nowadays. Haha, embarassing >o<

I did a pretty good job replying to all the comments last time right? LOL, you guys prob don't even want my replies but I'm gonna reply to all the comments on this chapter too. So if you wanna chit chat with moi just leave a nice little comment below. crying bc i'm so desperate, LOL

So.. Yup. I hope you guys are doing well and please continue reading! Until next time, bye~

Go listen to these songs (1) (2