Part 15

Secret To Happiness

          Wendy smiled fondly, fidgeting with her necklace, lacing it around her fingertips. It was a couple days after Christmas, the air was cold and crisp. Snow didn't fall yet, it didn't quite feel like winter. Which was in a way a good thing, because it didn't feel like the year was coming to an end, even though it was.

          Wendy in paticular didn't quite want 2015 to end yet. It was a year of savior and repair and it was nice. By no means would this end in the midst of 2016's beginning but 2015 just felt nice to be in.

          And there she sat, at her own house. Wendy didn't really have a Christmas. She spent the 25th in her own room, not wanting to 'invade' in on the Kang family even with Seulgi's reassurance that it wouldn't be 'weird' and that she wouldn't be a 'bother'. She persisted on staying home and Seulgi eventually gave in. She spent her Christmas drawing and writing songs. She also spent a fair while pondering upon the fact that her recent creations revolved around love and romanticism, not like it was previously. 

          Before, most of her songs and drawings were about something missing or something not being there. Now with that void being filled, Wendy was beginning to become quite the optimist. 

Christmas Day, 2015.

          Wendy's heart skipped a beat when she heard something beep from the doorway. "Ms. Son.. Somebody is here to see you." A man with a deep voice spoke through a small speaker posted near her door. 

          Wendy furrowed her eye brows, who could be there to see her at 11:47pm on Christmas? Who even knew where she lived?

          "Who?" Wendy answered after a short silence. She skipped off her bed and put on her slippers, ready to head downstairs. 

          "Black Lexus." The man replied. 

          "Black Lexus?" Wendy thought, she knew of no one who owned such car. She was starting to worry. 

          "Don't let them enter." She said after a while of thinking. She's never told anyone where she lived. Nobody at school knew where she lived and she didn't have any relatives that knew. Anybody who knew, lived in the house anyway. 

          Just as she was about to leave her room, she heard her phone ring on her bed. She wanted to ignore it but when she saw it was Seulgi, she couldn't help but answer. 

          "Hey Seul" Wendy answered as she started to walk out of her room again.

          "Hey baby, do you think you can let me in... I've been waiting a while out here."

          Wendy's eyes widened and she stopped in her tracks. "You're outside? Of my house?" Wendy shouted. 

          "No, I'm outside of your mansion." She felt Seulgi smile on the other end of the line all while she was in shock about how Seulgi even found out where she lived. 

          "But how--" Wendy couldn't finish her sentence before her girlfriend interupted her. "Questions later? I want to see you. Now." Seulgi followed her firm statement with a giggle and with that she hung up. Wendy ran downstairs past the man in the suit and opened the front gate. 

          "Who is it, Ms. Son? Is it safe?" The man asked, he was a bit scared off by Wendy's frantic nature. "Yeah.. She's just a... Uh, friend, Samuel. I'm sorry but I'll dismiss you for the night, don't worry you'll get your pay for the rest of the night." 

          Samuel left to his room, eyebrow raised and very confused. He worked for Wendy and for the Son family. He used to be a friend of Wendy's parents and decided stayed with the house. The doorbell rang promptly after Wendy heard Samuel's door lock shut. She opened the door to see Seulgi in a beautiful red dress with smokey eye shadow and glossy cherry lips. She looked absolutely stunning. 

          "You look.." Seulgi could see Wendy's eyes glaze over and her lips starting to swell slightly from her biting on them. Seulgi drew closer to Wendy and gave her a kiss on the cheek, leaving a sticky red stain. This caused Wendy to laugh and kiss Seulgi lightly on the lips, not wanting to ruin her makeup.

          "My parents made me dress up for the dinner party and I was way too lazy to take this off before I came." Wendy invited Seulgi in seeing as Seulgi's goosebumps were growing permanent from the cold she's been standing in for the last couple minutes. 

          "I brought some food for you, some Christmas food." Seulgi smirked and made herself at home, taking off her heels before plopping herself on Wendy's white leather couch. 

          Wendy never really knew what Christmas food was. Given that she's never had a Christmas since 1999, you wouldn't expect her to know. 

          Seulgi opened the tupperware container and scooped some mashed potatoes up in a spoon. She helicoptered the spoon towards Wendy, to which Wendy gladly received. "How was your day, love?" Seulgi's concerned look was by far her most attractive one. Her lips pouted slightly and she raised a hand to pull Wendy's hair perfectly behind her ear. 

          "Hard without you." Wendy admitted. It was winter break and the two were pretty much free for the entire two weeks. Given this, they were inseparable. When you spend all your days with on person, it's hard without them. On a regular basis, it wouldn't have been a hard day but it was Christmas and it wasn't nice to be alone on Christmas. 

          "Me too." Seulgi sadly agreed. "My parents wanted me to stay home, saying it was too cold. I told them I had to see Wendy and they let me go easily after that." Wendy chuckled, it was nice to have people, parents, actually caring for you someway, somehow. 

          "Tell them I wish them a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year." 

          "You can tell them yourself tomorrow." An invitation back to the Kang residence. 

          They sat in a soothing silence, Seulgi watched Wendy eat and snuck some peeks at the gigantic house. Who knew Wendy Son lived in such a paradisiacal palace.

          "So how'd you find out where I lived." Wendy finally addressed what's been eating away at her since the moment Seulgi came in. 

          "Little birdy." Seulgi replied quickly, almost as if her answer was rehearsed. Her eyes shifted, trying to avoid Wendy's gaze. 

          "Tell me the truth.." Wendy grabbed for Seulgi's hand, she intertwined their fingers giving Seulgi comfort. It was awkward because Seulgi knew Wendy was trying to prevent all of this. Wendy didn't want Seulgi to know anything about her family life and that was blatant. It was so obvious but Seulgi never addressed it because she knew Wendy wasn't prepared to out herself. But curiousity got the best of Seulgi, she couldn't take not knowing anymore. 

          "I followed you." Seulgi embarassingly admitted. She didn't know what type of reaction to expect from Wendy. Anger? Shock? She knew that this would put a strain on the trust that they've built through the past couple months and she was scared to face the consequences. But what's done is done, she couldn't go back on her actions. Furthermore, she didn't want to.

          "When?" Wendy asked simply. Her expression was unreadable, she was a closed book yet again. Seulgi was always afraid of this Wendy. Once Wendy came to this state, it was hard to get her back. Isolated, closed off, like she was in the beginning. 

          "I didn't mean to invade your privacy or to hurt you." Seulgi tried to dodge Wendy's questions because she knew it was only going to make the situation worse. 

          "I know, but just tell me when, Seulgi." Seulgi felt Wendy's grasp on her hand loosen. 

          "A month ago maybe?" Wendy was visibly angry at this point, it was more disappointed, actually. "You mean you've kept that from me for a month..?" Seulgi could feel their trust shatter into a million pieces. It broke her heart knowing that she hurt Wendy, yet again.

          "I'm really sorry, okay? I-I was curious and I just couldn't stand not knowing you any longer. I love you so much and it pains me that you're not letting me in. I want to know so much more about you, how you ended up here with me." A part of Seulgi wasn't sorry, the part that was actually blaming Wendy for this. Why did Wendy have to hide so much from her? Why did Wendy have to force her to lose her patience? But there were all excuses, anyway. 

          "All you had to do was ask, Seul." Wendy stood up and walked toward the patio. She headed outside and immediately felt the cold running through her spine. It was cold but she needed fresh air. 

          "I didn't want to force you." 

          "So then you snooped behind my back? You didn't want to force me so you follow me home? Do you know how it feels when the only one you have lets you down?!" Wendy was used to being let down but it still hurt every single freaking time. Wendy felt Seulgi's arms wrap around her waist and Seulgi's coat slightly wrap around her as well. The warmth from Seulgi's body still gave her goosebumps and made her heart skip a beat, even when she was this mad. 

          "I'm really sorry for what I did and I promise nothing like this will happen again. I made a mistake, but that's the only way people learn. I can't erase this mistake but I can learn from it, right? You know how much I love you, I'd do anything for you. Resisting my temptations to satisfy my curiousity is only a small step of the way. You are my everything, Seungwan." Seulgi leaned down and kissed Wendy's shoulder, her arms tightening around her girlfriend's waist.

          Warm tears fell onto Seulgi's arms from Wendy's eyes. She slowly turned around and hugged Seulgi as hard as she could. 

          "Merry Christmas, Wendy." 

          Seulgi pulled back from the hug and took out a box from her jacket pocket. She opened it and pull out a silver chain with an 'S' charm on the end and laced it around Wendy's neck. Seulgi pointed to her neck revealing the same necklace with a 'W' on it.

          "Merry Christmas, Seul..." 

 

TBC

Hey guys ((: Just wanted to write a year end thing for this story. I really wanted this up before 2016 started and I'm really glad I finished this chapter even though it's 4:30am right now LOL. 1800 words is pretty long considering the average length for the chapters in this story is about 1100 (?). 

It's Winter break right now and I'm pretty much going to work or doing homework every single day but I'm so glad I found time to do what I love- writing! I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season and you're enjoying time with your friends and family (unlike Wendy ]:). Did you guys get anything special for Christmas? My dad bought me a new Macbook and my grandma gave me a hundred in a red envelope ;) 

That's pretty much it for this update guys. I'll see you next time and have a great New Year! xx, byeee :]

Go listen to these songs (1) (2(3) Do any of you readers actually listen to these songs? Let me know.