Part 11

Secret To Happiness

          Ever have that feeling that people are staring at you and you don't want to look up because you know they're staring at you? 

          Well yeah, that. That was what Wendy and Seulgi were experiencing right then. It was down right agitating and niether of them could do anything about it. Eyes stuck onto them like sweat would stick to skin on a hot summers day. 

          And there Seulgi and Wendy sat in the sun of everyone's stares. It was weird though, because Wendy thought that she would be the one to be stared at more but no, not really. Everyone had their eyes locked on Seulgi; it was out of shock, confusion, frustration? Who knows. 

          All these people had mixed feelings about the couple who sat in the corner of the room, who were nonetheless the centre of attention right now though there was a calculus lesson going on near the front of the class room. 

          It was the Monday after a weekend of constant phone calls and video chatting. Because they just couldn't get enough of eachother. Seulgi couldn't get enough of Wendy and Wendy couldn't get enough of her 'teddy bear'- a nickname she officially deemed for Seulgi. 

          Warm feelings brewed inside of Seulgi, and everytime she even thought of Wendy, her heart would tug a bit. Even now, holding Wendy's hand under the table, it just gave Seulgi butterflies in her tummy, mind, heart, where ever. She rubbed her thumb on the back of Wendy's hand, trying to calm the former because she knew Wendy absolutely hated this type of attention. 

          It was hard because she knew it was all her fault, but what was she supposed to do? It wouldn't stop no matter what and if she couldn't stop others from being nosy, the most she could do was keep Wendy protected from the chaos. 

          Seulgi shifted her eyes to gaze quietly at the younger girl sitting beside her, hoping to give Wendy just the least bit of reassurance. That was what Wendy needed. Reassurance. Reassurance that everything would be okay, reassurance that Seulgi would protect her no matter what, reassurance that this relationship was not fading. Reassurance that only came in the form of an adorable bear-like girl. 

          Seulgi's eyes whispered, 'It's okay, baby'. She could see Wendy's brows soften and her general aura, calmer. The lunch bell rang and Seulgi thanked god for it, she couldn't suffer through this any longer and more importantly, she couldn't let Wendy suffer throught this any longer. 

          "I'm sorry about this..." Seulgi held Wendy's hand down the hall, the girl was being quieter than usual, and Wendy was a quiet girl. "Wendy.." Seulgi trailed, not knowing quite what to say. Wendy walked in front, actually, leading Seulgi toward the end of the hall, near the stairwell. 

          People watched, and judged. It was always a question of 'who was she to have Kang Seulgi?'. The Kang Seulgi that everyone has wanted to date since elementary school was suddenly taken. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it was the basketball captain, or the head cheerleader dating Seulgi. But Wendy? No way. 

          Wendy ignored the judmental looks, it was easier for her to ignore them than for Seulgi. Wendy's been doing it all her life anyways, nonetheless it was still excruciatingly difficult. 

          They got to the end of the hall and Wendy pushed open the door to the stairwell, it was one that people didn't use much given that it was at the end of the school.

          "Hey, why are we her-" Seulgi couldn't even finish her sentence before Wendy fell into her arms and started crying.

          The whole morning was horrible. Seulgi could feel her heart splitting at the seams with every stare, look, and comment she got from others. But right now, seeing the love of her life cry like this in her arms, this shattered her heart into a million pieces.

          Seulgi tried her best to just hug Wendy, comfort her with her touch. She knew that she wasn't that great with words, and she would just make it worse. Seulgi couldn't help but feel like crying herself. 

          "Wen... I'm sorry.. I'm making you cry again." Seulgi whispered partly to Wendy, mostly to herself. Wendy looked up slowly to see Seulgi shaking her head at herself.

          "Seul.. Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault, not my fault. Okay?" It wasn't Seulgi's fault, it will never be. You can't blame people for being in love. It's natural and it's uncontrollable. Sometimes, unpredictable and difficult but in the end it's just two people feeling passionate for eachother. It's two people willing to sacrifice and suffer for one another. That's all this was. There's no person to be blamed. 

          "If they don't like this, it's their fault." Wendy whispered to Seulgi who was now the one with her head down in Wendy's arms. "Don't let it get to you." Wendy took her fingers and delicately wiped Seulgi's face of her tears before she used her sleeve to wipe her own face. 

          "I'm just worried about you." Seulgi's arms instinctly wrapped around Wendy's waist and Wendy's arms went around Seulgi's neck. 

          "I've spend my whole life doing this. Even though this time is undoubtedly a million times harder, I'm going to get through it. We're going to get through this. Together, Seulgi." Wendy went closer to Seulgi and leaned her head on Seulgi's chest, closing them into a hug. 

          "Your heart is calmer now, isn't it?" Wendy smiled, feeling Seulgi's heart thump against her head. "'Cause you're here." Seulgi admitted, inhaling and exhaling, absorbing the moment in it's glory. It was really great being in love. 

          "Today was a mess but let's be happy now, hmm?" Seulgi pulled Wendy's head off her chest so she could see her clear eyes. "Wow." Wendy giggled. 

          "'Wow' what?" Wendy smiled seeing the slight rouge tinge on either of Seulgi's cheeks. "Wow, your eyes are gorgeous." Seulgi finished. She swiftlly stole a kiss from Wendy's cheek. 

          They both blushed a bit from Seulgi's action. They weren't really used to this kind of skinship yet. They were awkward and cute and adorable and pretty much just begging for Joy to make fun of them. 

          "Only my eyes?" Wendy asked slyly. Seulgi could only smile. 

          "Well.. Your nose is adorable. Your hands are nice to hold. Your cheeks are so squishhhhhy. And your lips, don't get me started on your lips. I could go on all day." Seulgi's bear smile was coming through. 

          Too bad Wendy's couldn't see it as she was covering her face from the embarassment. Seulgi was much too cheesy. 

 

TBC

I knowwww, it's really crappy for something you guys waited literally over two months for, LOL. On a serious note, I'm really, really sorry. No seriously, I'm horrible lol. I always come to add a new chapter but I end up sitting there staring at the screen because honestly I'm having writer's block. But this chapter was done in one sitting and I'm really glad I finally got a motivation to add a new chapter. 

I've been busy with school and exams are coming up in just about 2 weeks so hopefully you guys understand. I know you will, because you're all amazing (: 

On a lighter note, I've started another story :DDD And I know y'all are like 'YOU DON'T UPDATE THIS STORY ENOUGH ALREADY!!" ahahhaha. And you're probably right, but I just feel like a need more creative outlets. Yerp. So this new story is just a Red Velvet fluffy one shot collection! Did I mention I take requests :D So please check that story out and support your dear author :) 

For that story click here or here's the link: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/939306/red-velvet-fluffy-one-shot-collection-fluff-seulgi-girlxgirl-wendy-redvelvet-joyrene-seuldy

Also, has anyone here collected all of the Red Velvet ICC photocards? I've got Joy from my album and Wendy and Yeri from eBay but I still need Seulgi and Irene D: Aha, let me know who's card you have!

Anyways, thanks a lot for reading and I'll see you in the next update!

PS. I did not edit so please ignore any mistakes. I will come back to edit sometime!