Part 6

Secret To Happiness

          "Seulgi, cheer up! Here, eat a french fry. I know they're your favourite." Joy smiled brightly, holding a fry to Seulgi's frowning lips. "Open up~" Joy giggled and pushed the crispy french fry into Seulgi's lips only to recieve a heavy sigh from the brunette in reply. Ever since that day, Seulgi hasn't eaten much; ever since that day, Seulgi hasn't been smiling at all; ever since that day, Seulgi hasn't been Seulgi.

          "Just let her be if she doesn't want it, Joy." Irene glared at Seulgi, not liking that her girlfriend's attention was going all toward Seulgi. "Excuse me..." Seulgi said quietly as she left the table, not wanting to be in either of Joy's or Irene's presence anymore. As soon as Seulgi walked away, Joy scolded Irene. "Why can't you just be nicer for once? Can't you see she's hurt?" 

          Irene rolled her eyes, poking her peas with her fork. "After what you did to Wendy, you should feel the least bit sympathetic for her. Because ever since that day, Seulgi hasn't been the same." The look in Joy's eyes changed to from a soft type of glow, to fury. Her bestfriend was her first priority at the time, Irene wasn't helping clear Joy's conscience. 

          "I helped Seulgi, Joy! Can't you see that now she's not talking to Wendy? It's better for her!" Irene exclaimed hastily back to Joy, it was now Joy's turn to roll her eyes. "Seulgi grew to love that girl. The look in her eyes while staring at her, talking to her, thinking about her; Seulgi changed into a new person, for the better." Joy didn't quite like admitting it, but she knew that Seulgi loved Wendy to some degree. She's thought about it over and over again and now, her bestfriend's happiness was much more important to her than disliking Wendy. 

          "Love? With Wendy? Wendy is crazy! Hasn't Seulgi ever stopped to think why Wendy is so isolated from everybody here? It's because she's mentally unstable. And if you are accepting that your best friend is in love with that...You gotta be just as mental as Wendy is." Joy stood up from her chair. "You may not care, but I do. Seulgi is my best friend and her happiness is far more important to me than having a silly hatred for a girl I don't even know just because my girlfriend does. So, excuse me for being 'mental' or 'crazy'... Like you actually know the meaning of those words." 

          Joy left Irene in complete confusion. Irene couldn't fathom why or how Joy could've changed her opinion about Wendy and Seulgi being friends with Wendy within the span of a week and a half. Irene groaned loudly before throwing away her tray of food and leaving. Meanwhile, Seulgi was somewhere else, mad at the world for letting this happen to her. Screams and cries were emitting from the rooftop, where Seulgi was punching the concrete ground and cursing at everything. 

          "It hurts so much. What did I ever do to deserve this punishment? Why, World? Why did you let her into my life if you were just going to rip her away once I finally realized what she meant to me? She's unhappy, angry, frustrated, and confused. I'm convinced at this point that I was put onto this Earth to pull her out of her abyss of hurt and pain. This girl has become a piece of me, and I can't live without her now. I don't care what anybody thinks, says, or does. I'd do anything to get her back into my life. I can't live a day without her warmth or without her coldness. If you were planning to take her away from me all along, world, why did you let me fall in love with her?" Seulgi cried and gripped her throbbing heart, the tears were endless. 

          She went up to the rooftop in hopes she would find Wendy, but of course the black haired girl wasn't there. She was off somewhere that Seulgi just couldn't think of. "Seulgi?" Seulgi's eyes widened and her heart beat quicker as she realized there might've been somebody listening to her the whole time. She quickly turned around and spotted a girl.

          "Joy...." Seulgi was in shock, she did not know how to explain herself. She shouted her words out of passion and pain, without even thinking twice about how a person could possibly be listening to her. "You don't need to explain anything to me, Seul."Joy walked up to Seulgi and hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry that it had to be this way. I know you're hurting and I'm gonna do anything to help you, I'm gonna make this right." Joy wiped Seulgi tears away with her fingers, "What about Irene?" Joy swept Seulgi's hair behind her ear and cleaned up Seulgi dripping eyeliner. 

          "Don't worry about her. Look, I know where Wendy is, I found her when I was looking for you." Seulgi was dragging Joy off the rooftop into the school, yelling at Joy to tell her. "No, I want to walk you there slowly, because there's something that I wanted to tell you first." Seulgi was jittering like an impatient puppy waiting for a treat. "What is it?" Joy took a deep breath and closed her eyes before garnering the courage to tell Seulgi the truth. 

          "Wendy was badly hurt the other day... And from the way you've been acting around a certain person, I assume Wendy didn't tell you who beat her up like that." Wendy didn't tell Seulgi, but Seulgi had a pretty clear idea. "It was Irene. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I guess I was scared of how Irene would react if I picked you over her and-" Seulgi smiled slightly and patted Joy's head. "I understand. You weren't exactly fighting her side, but you're not fighting mine either." Joy was ecstatic that Seulgi wasn't too angry at her or Irene. 

          "You're wrong. I'm fighting your side now. I told Irene to sort herself out." Joy grinned triumphantly, but it was bittersweet. Sure, she stood up for Seulgi, but she still loved Irene. "I'm sorry that you had to do that for me." Joy shook her head, assuring that Seulgi shouldn't feel guilty in any way whatsoever. "It wasn't for you. It was for me. I love her but she was poison. She corrupted me and I'd like her to stop being such a bad person before I recommit myself to her." Seulgi has known Joy for years, but she has never been so proud of Joy ever. 

          "Thanks anyways. Now take me to my girl." They smiled at eachother before Joy grabbed Seulgi's arm and dashed toward the music room.

 

TBC

I told you guys I would update within 2 weeks :D My school circumstances are the same as before: stressful. I've got a school performance tomorrow for choir then I have another one on Thursday for choir, symphonic band, and jazz band. On December 5th, a group of students and I will be going out to senior homes to perform songs

I have the next update half written and hopefully that'll be posted soon. For those of you who are reading 'Aiding Your Wounds', I said in the last update of this story that I would update 'Aiding Your Wounds' within 2 weeks but I just had no time or energy to write the update. I'm really sorry for that D:

I'll see you guys next update, thanks for sticking with my story for so long now ^^ Byeeee~