Part 1

Secret To Happiness

          Hearing the brunette's name being called, Wendy looked up slightly to see a eye smiley, cheery Seulgi. She rolled her eyes like she always did at people like Seulgi. What makes school so great that you have to practically shout 'here' every time the teacher took attendance? That's what Wendy wondered as she steered her glance back into her copy of Jane Eyre. 

          Wendy literally hated everybody in her school, especially Seulgi. She hated everyone because they bullied her for no reason, and they've done it ever since elementary school. She hated Seulgi because she was the most popular, rich, and loved girl you could ever find on the freaking planet; because she was just so happy and well, Wendy was just... Not. 

          There was also one more thing she hated about Seulgi and that was that Seulgi never bullied her, ever. Wendy couldn't understand why, everyone else did it but she didn't. And yeah, Wendy should've actually loved Seulgi for this, but she couldn't understand Seugi at all. 

          The bell rang signalling the end of Calculus, the start of lunch. It was the first day of senior year. Countless underclassmen bid 'hi' to Seulgi, she just waved back. With being loved also came being hated, Seulgi understood that; but she never understood why Wendy Son hated her. She never even came close to comprehending it even though she really wanted to. The ice cold glares and constant eye-rolling intrigued Seulgi, what made Wendy hate her so much. 

          She knew the girl for 12 years now, not once did she say 'hi' or 'bye' or anything, she was nothing like the others and that interested Seulgi greatly. "So Seulgi.." Joy whispered over to her bestfriend, they were sitting at an exclusive lunch table for two (the two of them), they always sat there. Seulgi diverted her attention to Joy, she took a bite of her apple. 

          "What is it?" Seulgi eyed a girl at the corner of her eye still but was paying attention to Joy, well at least she thought she was. "You know how much I hate it when you don't look at me when I talk.." Seulgi didn't care enough to respond, she just kept eyeing the mysterious girl from afar. Joy let out an exasperated sigh and finally turned around to check what her bestfriend was staring at. She followed Seulgi's eyes to a certain black-haired girl.

          "Why do you keep staring at creep Wendy?" Seulgi finally gave Joy her full eye contact. "I'll answer that when you answer this; why is she a creep?" Joy took an actual second to formulate an answer, then just shrugged her shoulders. "She just ended up that way, okay?" Seulgi narrowed her eyes at Joy, she loved Joy, but her inability to jump out of the bandwagon pissed Seulgi off. 

          "And why are you staring holes into her?" Joy stuffed multiple bites of her pasta into , she was a big eater. "Because I feel bad for her." Was Seulgi's immediate answer, but Seulgi wasn't sure if it was full truth. Yeah, she felt bad for Wendy but it went past that. "And...?" Seulgi glared at Joy, thinking this was another attempt to take any chance of sympathy away from Wendy. 

          "I'm not answering your antagonizing 'and...' Joy." Joy met her eyes to Seulgi's and made her look at her straightly. "I meant 'and...' as in and there's more to it Seulgi. You've been doing it since mid-junior year." It was indeed true, Seulgi had been giving a lot of attention to Wendy since last year, it was subconscious though and Joy noticed it only. 

          "I just... I guess I don't understand her." Joy looked at Seulgi, expecting more words to come out of the brunette's mouth. Seulgi knew Joy wasn't gonna stop giving her that waiting look until she said more. "And I kind of want to." Seulgi shrugged, taking the last bite of her apple and getting up to leave Joy for Biology. 

 

TBC

First chapter is finally out, and it is short and boring. I'm sorry, LOL. School just started and I still have two other fanfics that I have to write so yeah, I get chapters out pretty slow. I usually write ~1500 word chapters and this was only about 700 so I promise to give you more next chapter :)

As I said in the foreward, the story line to this fanfic isn't thought out very well since I rushed to get a Red Velvet fanfic out. I've rewritten this chapter 3 times, all with different storylines (around the general concept of course) and this is what I decided to go with, since it's simple. 

Don't forget to leave feedback in the comments, it motivates me, okay? Thanks :) I'll see you next chapter! Bye~