IX: Delphi

Omnus
Please log in to read the full chapter

Unbound!? What did they mean unbound?

Found me? What the hell was going on!?

My thoughts were all shambled up together trying to register what the hell just happened to me. Not to mention the fact that my mother just locked me in a basement with her and my best friend.

My heart was pounding in my chest, while I felt my temperature continuing to rise. I would continuously blink trying to adjust my eyesight to the darkness but my eyes only seemed to burn hotter at my every attempt to blink them.

“Hurry up Iris-ah.” Ga Eun instructed me while pulling me farther into the basement, only making me realize how deep the bottom of our house actually ran through.

The room started to feel chillier the farther we got, soon enough my feet told me that we were no longer in our basement, when the smooth tiles that I felt beneath my feet were immediately replaced by a rough surface and the occasional sound of splashes reached my ears.

My realization of where we could possibly be only made me fear what the hell was going on. I roughly pulled my hand away from Ga Eun and stopped dead in my tracks.

My emotions were raging with all the pushing and pulling and all the other feelings that seemed to have been repressed for so many years were starting to bubble forth. My body started to tremble when I spoke.

STÁSI. 

I saw how Ga Eun and my mother stood still. Not even making an inch of movement. I stared at their still figures wondering why they didn’t even speak up at my sudden outburst. They only stared at me as if they were statues.

I was feeling frustrated again, if they were trying to pull some sort of practical joke just because it was my birthday then this wasn’t the slightest bit funny.

I stared at them while tapping my foot impatiently waiting for them to say anything at all. I was so fed up that I decided to open my mouth only to be shocked at the foreign language that came flowing out of my tongue.

Miló. 

I covered my mouth after blurting out that foreign word and stared at Ga Eun and my Mom who loosened up a bit from their stiff poses.

They looked at each other for a long time, before finally turning their heads towards me. My mother in particular let out a sigh before opening .

Diafotízo 

My eyebrows furrowed together at what she just said when suddenly the basement started to light up, but when I looked around, clearly we weren’t in the basement anymore. We were in some sort of tunnel that had lamps hanging on their walls.

The chilliness that I felt earlier was quickly replaced by warmth from the light.

Please log in to read the full chapter