II: 2014 Korea Present Day

Omnus
Please log in to read the full chapter

My name is Iris. Nam Iris. I have Amethyst coloured eyes. I have skin that will put Snow White’s skin to shame. And my fair is a bright red and it always manages to change into orange at the tips no matter how many times I try to cut it.

You’re asking me why my physical appearance is like this? Why I look like a freak show and not like any other normal Korean girl? To tell you frankly I don’t know as well. My mother told me that it is because I come from Greek descent. Some many hundreds of years ago my great great great to whatever extent grandmother fled her beloved city of Greece and came here to Korea.

My mother told me that I got these features from her. She also said that when they migrated here to Seoul at the time she was immediately brought into slavery.

But the son of her master fell in love or most likely was intrigued by her foreign features. So he married her. And hence, here I am. A freak to many people’s eyes. A freak of nature. All because I come from a very weird family descent. Well, I could always lie about why I looked this way but whatever.

Did I forget to mention that today is my birthday? I am turning 18 today. And my mom told me that this is a very special day. That I need to take this day with precaution. That I must pray to all the gods and goddesses in Mt. Olympus to make sure that this day will go on safely.

Yep. You thought right. I am Korean with a smidge of Greek blood in me and yet I owe my religious beliefs to the gods and goddesses of Mt. Olympus. This was the way I was raised. And I can’t question it nor go against it.

Please log in to read the full chapter