XI: Lady Iris

Omnus
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mistress.

Lady Iris.

How may we serve you?

High Mistress of Delphi.

Are you alright?

Could someone please explain to me.

What.

The hell.

Is.

Going on!?

I am still very much convinced that this is all a dream. That I am going to wake up in a few minutes to my normal blue wall papered room, with my laptop playing faintly in the background and my mom just itching to wake me up to eat my favourite breakfast of bacon, toast, a cheese omelette and milk.

Please.

Let this be a dream.

But of course that is not the case right now. I was not in the comfort of my small room back at home. Coldplay posters were not adorned in the room that I was kept in. The bed in my “chamber” was not pink with stripped pillow cases but were a regal purple colour. Everything was different here. Everything was more regal, more luxurious, more unreal than anything I could possibly imagine.

I sat on the king sized bed that was placed in the middle of the large room clutching onto the white silk robe that they gave me, glaring at the golden embroidery that was adorned along the hems of the fabric. There was a crest embroidered on the left part of the robe as well. Something I recognized to be an Alpha and an Omega.

I will never deny that what I was wearing was brilliant, it just wasn’t what I was used to.

Everything here wasn’t home.

I eased my fingers from the robe that was wrapped around me, trying to calm my nerves as I was still in wonder at how we managed to get here from my basement. Ga Eun and my mom explained to me that it was because of magic.

Psshh. Please. Like that would ever be a thing.

The double doors to my “chamber” creaked open and I immediately turned my head towards the entrance. Ga Eun was the first face that I saw and she was wearing the same robe that I was, but her embroidery wasn’t golden like mine, her embroidery was green with little blue, red and yellow dots adorned randomly along the green lines. Only then did I realize that her embroidery looked like flowers and their stems. Her hair looked different as well, her usual straight, brown locks were no longer tied back. They were cascading down her face into beautiful curls. She even had some kind of floral crown adorned on her head.

She stepped into my room and right behind her was my mother, who had a stiff expression, her robe was gray, almost silver, with black swirls embroidered along the hem. Her hair was tied into a high bun as she went into my room. I didn’t fail to notice the bag she brought with her, and how it clinked a bit as she entered the room.

“Mistress, Are you okay?” She started, as though approaching me with caution. I glared at her and was about to say something when my mother held up her hand.

“Lady Iris, We know that you are distraught. But please understand. You can’t let your emotions take hold of you. Not while you are unbound and still tethered to me.” She instructed and I bit my lip in annoyance at how she addressed me.

It was like she wasn’t my mother at all.

Ga Eun on the other hand was also biting her lip and only nodded as my mother proceeded to lay the bag she brought with her and motioned for Ga Eun to approach me. She complied with the command and took slow steps towards me.

“You

Please log in to read the full chapter