XIII: Mother

Omnus
Please log in to read the full chapter

Brother.

Brother.

Did this man just say that he was my brother?

Did this blonde, lanky, sorry excuse for a man just say that he was my brother!?

I stared at him, still a little bit disconcerted from the energy that was still pulsing through my body, he was smiling like a little boy on Christmas day, like I was one of the toys that he thought he lost at the local park and has now found lying about in his toy chest years later.

His eyes, already in crescents since he didn’t stop smiling at me, it was the first time that I even dared to look at them, I found myself completely in awe at the brilliant blue that his eyes were. They weren’t like Lu Han’s, the blue of his eyes only sent chills straight from the back of my spine when I first saw them. His eyes didn’t glow, they didn’t make him look like some overwhelming power was coursing through him. The blue of his eyes calmed me, his were serene, and making me feel like the world was full of possibilities. The sky’s the limit as they say.

I was at a complete loss for words at the kindness and serenity that he was emitting. But when I snapped out of my daze, of course this was what I managed to sputter out.

“B-Brother!? What do you mean you’re my brother!? What the hell is going on!? In what world would I be related to someone who has electricity running up and down their arm!? As far as I’m aware I am an only child who apparently has a mother that gives no s about what I feel right now!” I screeched at the top of my lungs, letting my confusion, frustration and disappointment pour through my voice. The utter betrayal that I felt from my mother and Ga Eun was starting to get to me, I felt my whole being starting to heat up. Energy was pulsating from the centre of my chest slowly creeping from my heart down towards my finger tips. My eyes were burning from the tears that I was blinking back. I felt myself trembling from all my emotions, too scared to even think of anything else left to say.

I stared at them, waiting for a response, but all I got was fear etching itself onto their faces, all except for my mom who looked exceptionally calm.

I reared my head towards her, just about ready to spout fire from my mouth when Ga Eun suddenly spoke.

“Lady Iris! You need to calm down! You might wreck the whole city with your temper!” Ga Eun screamed already throwing herself towards me. It was only when she started to chant murmurs or prayers of some kind that I started to notice what was going on. It wasn’t I who was trembling but the whole room, my arms, I thought were only pulsating from energy had been glowing and vibrating, coming from the combination of fire and electric sparks running up and down me. My eyes, I turned my head towards the mirror that was at the side of my chambers only to see that they were glowing so bright that some sort of purple flame was burning from them.

Looking at my feet I noticed that I was actually levitating from the ground. I was so terrified of the image before me that my anger was quickly replaced with disgust and fear.

How can this be!?

I opened my mouth and only saw fire emitting from my mouth, the smoke billowed from the corners of my lips and it only made me tear up even more. I saw an image of a monster more terrifying than anything I could have ever imagined, what’s worse was that I was the monster.

I blinked and felt all the bent up energy kept inside me starting to fade. The room stopped shaking, my eyes were starting to cool down, my arms were no longer shaking and I felt the fur of the carpeted floors as my body came in touch with the ground again.

I immediately collapsed to the floor kneeling and hugging myself as I bawled my eyes out, not even sure what the hell was happening anymore. I prayed that this was all I dream, it was becoming too much for me to handle.

Please log in to read the full chapter