VI: Tense

Omnus
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Iris-ah! Really? EXO is coming over and all you’re doing is sitting there doing nothing? Don’t you even want to fix yourself even just a little bit?” My friend said as she rushed around my living room trying to get everything in order. She was seriously getting on my nerves. She has been acting more of a diva than I should be on this day.

I honestly didn’t care that those boys were coming over for my birthday. They could give me a private concert but it still wouldn’t matter in the slightest for me. I only invited them because it seemed like some sort of spur of the moment idea that I had. I shook my head at the thought and stood up from my living room’s love seat to head on over to the kitchen where my mom was busy fixing the snacks that we would be consuming later this evening.

I smiled at her busy figure and hugged her from behind to show my gratitude towards her. She froze for quite some time and then chuckled before facing me and planting a kiss on top of my head.

“Iris-ah. You are acting odd.” She mused and I only sighed before smiling back at her.

“I’m just grateful that you did not freak out when I told you about the additional twelve other guests that were arriving tonight.” I confessed and she ruffled my hair before turning her attention back to the cake that she was decorating. I walked to her side and marveled at the intricate designs that went around the cake’s perimeter.

My mother outdid herself this time. Just when I was about to congratulate her on how beautiful the cake was the doorbell rang signaling the arrival of my guests. As I was about to head on over to the door I saw my mother tense a bit almost ruining the pattern that she was doing on the cake.

I stared at her and wondered what was going on. She looked at me before furrowing her eyebrows together and setting the piping bag down. She grabbed me and brought me into the broom closet having a very tense expression on her face.

Just as I was about to ask her what was going on she shut the door and locked me in. What the hell?

I bang

Please log in to read the full chapter