XIV: Godly Visit

Omnus
Please log in to read the full chapter

This Nam Taehyun character guided me from my chambers to the outside of the building or what he called oikos, later telling me that the version I saw today was more modern and grandeur than previous versions and later on let me to a walkway that he called a stoa. I only nodded here and there admiring how beautiful the architecture was here despite being completely depressed and possibly insane earlier.

He walked to my side as he pointed at the different kinds of what I assumed to be Greek architecture, even going as far as explaining to me the hierarchy of the society that I was slowly making myself accustomed to.

Every now and then I would find myself looking back at Ga Eun who was at least five steps behind us, as though that was where she was always meant to be, not to near to make anyone assume that she was walking with us, but not to far as well that she would lose sight of us.

I told her to walk next to us but she only shook her head and gave me a timid smile urging me to move forward with my brother (it was still very awkward to say). Taehyun explained to me that I need not feel uncomfortable with how Ga Eun was acting because she is simply following the rules set by the polis. Even I could not alter the necessary order of things. Though I still did not understand why I was so special in terms of this so-called order of things.

Apparently, the fact that I was wearing a white silk robe with golden embroidery meant that I was seated at a high place of power here at Delphi (Taehyun mentioned that earlier), and since Ga Eun and him were adorned in the same white robes also meant that they were people of importance here. Taehyun had silver-grayish embroidery because he was male, the golden chain wrapped around his neck actually signified that he was the Prime Lord of Delphi. I faintly remembered my moth—My Guardian mentioning this earlier. That there apparently was a Prime Lady as well. My eyes widened at the thought when I realized that he could possibly be married already without my knowledge. He looked so young and he couldn’t be possibly older than 18 years old.

As though he read my mind he only smiled and tucked a stray hair that fell to the side of my face before explaining.

“I am only the Prime Lord of Delphi by blood and not by marriage. I govern this place alongside our mother who is the Prime Lady of Delphi. And the High Lord—“ I noticed that his expression turned sour but nevertheless became composed again “The High Lord of Delphi would be our step-father. He married mother not long after you were brought to the mortal world.” He explained and I unknowingly let out a breath that I was holding.  He chuckled and continued to walk as though nothing happened.

“Really Iris, we’re the same age and you already assumed that I was married. Life in Delphi may be different from the mortal realm but we’re not drastic here. I thought you could have sensed by now that we’re twins.” He continued and I stopped dead in my tracks at what he said.

We were twins?

He stopped as well when he sensed me stopping, he turned back and smiled at me, answering my mental dilemma. Really? How does he keep doing that?

“Yes Iris. Just like Apollo and Artemis we’re twins. If you are questioning the way we both look, well, you used to look exactly like me, blonde hair and blue eyes. But unfortunately, it happened and well, you got your red hair and purple eyes from that. Don’t worry. We still have a wh

Please log in to read the full chapter