Chapter 9

Love At College

On Sunday...

Eric woke up early at 9 to get ready because he wants to go to Brogue Street to buy a gift for his grandfather. After eating breakfast, he texted Hyesung.

Hi~ okay that was weird.

Rise and shine!~ okay that's weirder

So at last, he send : Good morning... Are you ready for today?

Then a few minutes later, he received a text from him.

Yes!! But I was wondering if you can accompany me to buy your granddad a gift... If you don't mind...

You don't have to Elsa...

But I want to... Fine, if you can't accompany I'll just ask someone else :(

No no no... I would definitely will accompany you... I'll pick you up in 30 minutes okay...

Yay! Okay! :)

Eric picked Hyesung up at his house and then they went to Brogue Street as it was his initial plan to go to the place. They wandered around, going inside every shop and checked out some stuff. Then they went inside a accessorise shop. As Hyesung checking out some stuff, Eric wandered on the other side of the shop. Then he saw something that he liked, he grabbed and pay it at the cash counter. He waited for Hyesung outside and few minutes later, he came out.

'Let's go to another shop shall we' he said cheerfully.

Before they started to walk, Eric grabbed his wrist and said 'I think this suits your perfectly'. He bought a brown bracelet with an infinity sign. 'There you go, you look cuter with it. Now let's go' he said and walked in front of Hyesung.

Hyesung was stunned by his act and he can feel his face was blushing. He shook his head to reduce the redness and ran up to him. 'Eric-ah, wait for me!' he yelled.

'Wait I need to take something from the back sit' Hyesung said and took a basket from behind.

'What's that?' 

'Food... I made it...' he said shyly because this is the first time he made food.

'Hahaha! What?! You, the prince, cook?!' Eric laughed hysterically.

'Yah, you don't have to laugh like that! This is my first time so it might not be delicious...' he pouted.

Yes, he made rice rolls and mixed bento yesterday with Junjin's help of course. Junjin laughed out loud when he asked him for help because never once, Hyesung had been to a kitchen to cook. When Junjin asked, he just made up an excuse saying that he was bored.

Eric stopped laughing and smiled and pinched his cute pouted face. 'I'm sorry okay... Hmm... What did you make?' he asked.

'I made rice roll and mixed bento... Even though it's easy to make, but it's definitely hard for me...' 

'Can I try?' 

'No! You will judge me...' he pouted again and gripped the basket tight.

'No, I won't... I promise...' he said genuinely.

'Fine... Here you go...' Hyesung said and opened the basket. 

Eric was amazed at the decoration and the food looked so tasty and tempting. He took the rice roll and tried it. Much to his surprise, Hyesung knows how to cook. 

'How was it?' Hyesung with a worried face.

Eric grinned mentally and decided to play a prank on him. Physically, he frown as of the food is the most horrible thing on Earth. But before he could said a word, Hyesung sighed and buried his face on his palms. 'I knew it!! It tastes horrible right? I and useless...'

Eric panicked so he quickly said 'Hyesungie, I was joking... It is amazing!'

'You lied' he whined.

'No no no! It's unbelievable!' Eric out his thumbs up.

Hyesung looked up and stared at Eric with his wide eyes. 'Really?'

Eric smiled and ruffled Hyesung's hair 'Really Hyesungie'

'Really?! I knew it! Can't wait to give this mixed bento to your granddad...' he chuckled.

'I'm sure that he'll love it'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hey grandpa! How are you?' Eric said when they arrived at an old folk home.

'Hello Eric... I'm fine, thank you for asking... And who I may ask is this?' Eric's granddad said smiling at a pretty figure in front of him.

'Hello, grandpa... I'm Hyesung. Shin Hyesung...' he said brightly.

'You are so pretty for a guy... Well, nice to meet you Hyesung... You can call me Grandpa Charlie...'

'Haha, thank you...' he blushed.

That evening, they talked about stuff till Hyesung brought up about him being there.

'Why do you live here Grandpa? You can live with your son's house...' Hyesung bluntly said and quickly apologised. ', I'm sorry! I shouldn't say that...' 

'Hahaha it's okay... I guess you know about our family's history huh... Well I love being here, being friends with people around my age...' 

'But he doesn't take care of you! He didn't even try to persuade you to stay there...' 

'He tried but I said no... At least I know he still cares for me... My son sent some guys to watch me every day...'

'Really? Where?'

'Under the tree... Up the hill there... Inside he building... Yeah, that's pretty much it...'

'Thank God he still cares... If the bodyguards don't look out for you, just tell me okay... I will personally kick their for lazying around!' Hyesung threatened.

'Hahaha, okay okay... I will...' Grandpa Charlie laughed at his childlike behaviour. 

Then they kept talking while enjoying Hyesung's food that he prepared. He thanked God that Grandpa Charlie likes his food although it's not something fancy. Just in one day, Hyesung is comfortable with Grandpa Charlie and he feels like he's like his own grandfather. Unfortunately for Eric, he felt left out.

'Grandpa, why didn't you talk me? I feel left out...' Eric whined.

'Shush, Eric... I'm talking here, besides you always come here... This is my first time meeting Hyesung and he's a lovely person... How about you but something for us to drink' 

'Wow now you're just pushing me away... Fine Grandpa, I'm going...' he said and pouted. Hyesung just laughed at his childishness as this is a new side of Eric for him.

'I love you!' Grandpa Charlie yelled and Eric just waved his hand from behind.

Around 5, Hyesung and Eric prepared to say goodbye to Grandpa Charlie. 'Bye Grandpa! I had so much fun today... Thanks to you!' Hyesung said brightly.

'I had so much fun too... Tell Eric to bring you again here...'

'Okay!' 

After spending 1 hour, Eric had arrived Hyesung's house. 'Thanks for today Eric-ah!' Hyesung said brightly.

'No, it's me who supposed to thank you... I never seen him laugh in ages... So, thank you Hyesungie... Goodnight!' Eric smiled at him. As usual, Hyesung waved him goodbye before going inside. After seeing him safely went inside, then he drove off.