Chapter 2

Love At College

Next day...

'Who was that guy yesterday?' Junjin asked while they are having lunch.

'An idiot dude who apparently can't see clearly' Hyesung simply said.

'Yah, don't be so mean!' Junjin scolded him but he just rolled his eyes, not bothered by his words. 'Anyway, tonight you have to attend Muse Party at 8 pm. NO EXCUSE!' Junjin instructed.

Being a socialite sometimes made Hyesung suffocated because he's not the kind of guy who likes to mingle and talk. But since he needs to maintain his family's image, he needs to attend them.

'Are you going?' Hyesung asked.

'No, I can't' 

'But why?! You always go with me to these kind of events!' Hyesung whined. 

He and Junjin always go together as he doesn't have anyone to go with. 

To Hyesung, Junjin is like his baby brother (yes, Hyesung is older than Junjin but more immature than the muscular guy) as they grow up together because Junjin's grandfather was the main butler in Shin family. Even though he has already dead, the Shin family took Junjin as their own son because he has no one else in this world. So in return, he became Hyesung's  assistant. Junjin knows that the slender guy doesn't consider him as his assistant as the relationship that they have is more like bromance relationship. Besides his family, Hyesung could only trust Junjin as he knows that most people around him like to take advantage of him because of his fame and wealth. That is why Junjin is always by his side to protect him and to help him with stuffs because Hyesung cannot do a single thing by his own. 

'Because I have assignments to do and it must be handed in by this week' Junjin explained. 

'Can't you just abandoned it? Pleaseeee' Hyesung begged and tried to make a cutest pout in front of him.

'Excuse me but I'm not like you, I'm under scholarship remember. Plus I'm a student council so I can't neglect my responsibilities' 

The thing about Junjin is that he doesn't like to be dependant towards Shin family so that's why he has been working and studying so hard at an early age to be a successful person. That is also why Hyesung can't argue with him when it comes to hard work.

'But I don't want to go alone' Hyesung pouted. 

He knew he couldn't say no to the party because most of the people that is going to attend it are from this college.

'Mingle with people more Hyesung-ah, be independent once in awhile. There will be bodyguards around you, you know. So don't worry much' 

'But I don't like to mingle!' he whined.

'Hmm, how about this? After I finish my class, we go to the place that you want to go' Junjin tried to persuade him.

Hyesung's face immediately lit up by that idea and nodded eagerly.

'I have class now, so I'll see you later. Don't skip class Hyesung-ah, I'm warning you' Junjin said before he made his way to his class.

'Ugh, fine! Why do I always feel like I'm the one who is your assistant' Hyesung mumbled softly and made his way to his class. 

He wasn't even paying attention to what his lecturer said as he was so excited to go shopping that evening. Immediately after the bell rang, he ran outside the classroom to look for Junjin. 

That evening, they went to Bicester Village where it sells luxury brands you could ever find. Then they went to Hyesung's home and get dressed. After helping him with his preparation, he bid Huesung goodbye.

'Have fun Hyesung! Remember what I said. Mingle more, people who are attending are your schoolmates...' Junjin explained and waved at him who was already in the limo.

'Shut up! I'm not talking to you!' Hyesung sticks out his tongue.

Junjin just chuckled at his childlike behaviours and after Hyesung had gone, he made his way home. 

Junjin went home to his apartment which located in the middle of the city. He moved out from the Shin's house 2 years ago as he doesn't want to be a burden there. 

That night...

Hyesung decided not to mingle because he is in no mood to do anything. He just keeps on observing his surroundings and suddenly a few girls approached him.

'Hey handsome, what are you doing here alone? Where is your... Hmm... Errand boy?' one of the girls asked and Hyesung clenched his fist when he heard their insult. And hearing their laughters made him clenched even tighter till his knuckles turned white.

'He couldn't attend' he simply said trying to sound cool.

'Couldn't or can't?' a girl with an oval face said and all of them laughed.

'He doesn't want to because he knows that there will be desperate es here who are trying to get laid tonight' Hyesung said and gave them a death glare and walked away.

Hyesung couldn't stand it anymore so he decided to sneak out as he saw a park nearby. Carefully observing his surroundings, he carefully made his way to the park. 

'Stupid bodyguards' he mumbled as he saw no one is following him. 

While he was walking after 15 minutes, he could feel an unpleasant aura behind him. He tried to ignore it and walked at a fast pace. Then he was blocked by three men in front of him.

'Hey pretty guy. What are you doing here late at night?' one of the guys said. Hyesung could see that they are drunk.

'Excuse me' he said and tried to walked past them and soon the man grabbed his wrist tightly.

'No no no, you can't run away. We will have some fun tonight. I will be gentle baby' a fat guy said.

When Hyesung heard the word 'gentle', he could felt a shiver down his spine. He knew exactly what he meant. 

'Let me go! Or else I'll scream!' he threatened them but unfortunately they won't budged. 

'Scream as you want, we don't care because no one will hear you baby' a tall dark guy said.

He started sobbing and pleaded when they tried to molest him.

The fat guy slowly tried to Hyesung's shirt and trying to touch his .

'Please don't.... Let me go...' he said while sobbing.

'Don't cry, it won't hurt baby' he said.

'No... I don't want...' Hyesung pleaded again.

He closed his eyes tight when he saw one of the guys tried to kiss him. But suddenly he heard the man yelled.

'What the hell are you doing?! Can't you see I'm having some fun here!' he shouted.

Hyesung saw a guy stood in front of him like he was trying to protect him. He fought with the them and few minutes later, the ert guys left hurriedly. The guy turned and stared at him.

'What the hell are you thinking?! What are you doing here?! Luckily I'm here fast, if not you will be by them!' he scolded her. 

Hyesung couldn't see the man's face but when the light hit his face, he recognised him immediately. The bandage guy! Hyesung couldn't talked as he was still crying so Eric put his arm around his shoulder gently, trying not to scare him off and walked to the nearest bench. 

When they sit, Eric continued to scold him. 

'How can you be here?! Don't you have bodyguards around you?! I can't believe you! Going to dark places like the park! Are you crazy?! With that face of yours, obviously people would try to harassed you!' and Eric kept on ranting and scolding him. 

'What's wrong with my look?' Hyesung pouted after he calmed down as he is a bit sensitive with his looks.

'You are beautiful for a guy... Too beautiful' Eric praised unknowingly and mentally slapped himself in the head after realising that.

Hyesung blushed when he heard the praise even though he gets that a lot from people. He doesn't like people call him 'beautiful' because he is guy and a guy shouldn't be called beautiful. But hearing that from the older guy makes Hyesung feels good and have a pleasant feeling inside him. 

Although he has already calmed down a bit, Eric saw tears are still forming in the corner of Hyesung's eyes. So Eric wiped his tears and said softly 'Where were you from?' 

'I was from.... A party....' Hyesung pointed at at tall building next to the park. 

'Hmm, let me send you there okay' he said at the trembling guy. Hyesung simply nodded and stared at the guy.

Hyesung didn't notice this before but the bandaged guy has an extremely handsome face. Handsome and exotic face. He knows that the bandaged guy is slight darker than him which suits him very well. Looking at his face made Hyesung's heart pounded, especially after the bandage guy smiled at him.

While walking, Eric continued to place his arm on Hyesung's shoulder and he could feel Huesung was clenching his shirt tight because of a temporary trauma. Seeing that makes Eric wants to protect the young guy with all his might. His heart clenched when he saw tears in Hyesung's eyes. He wants to see his smile, his beautiful smile like he saw the other day.

To make him feel better and to enlighten the mood, Eric tried to start a conversation.

'I'm Eric by the way. Eric Mun' he said.

'I'm Hyesung. Shin Hyesung. And thank you for saving me' Hyesung smiled at him. 

For a guy who had just cried, Eric thinks he looks cute especially when his bangs covered his eyes slightly.

In front of the hotel, Eric said 'Are you going to be okay going inside?'

'Yes but please don't tell anyone about earlier. If people know, my bodyguards would be in trouble and I don't want that' he mumbled.

Eric just nodded. Suddenly someone shouted Hyesung's name 'Sir Hyesung'

They looked at one direction and saw a guy wearing suit running towards them. He breathed for a few seconds and said 'Did you sneak out again? We've been looking for you'

Hyesung just kept quiet and the guy took it as a yes. 'I swear to God Hyesung!! You really should stop doing that! You're making us worry sick! And you could at least call!' he scolded.

'But look! I'm here now. So bye bye now!' Hyesung gave him an apologetic smile and quickly run off inside the hotel to escape his bodyguard's nagging.

'SHIN HYESUNG!' he shouted and then he sighed.

Then he looked at the guy and was shocked to see his best friend 'ERIC! Didn't notice you here' he said.

'Obviously Andy. You were worrying about that GUY too much' Eric smirked.

'How can I not Eric. This is the fifth time he did this' 

He was shocked and his jaw dropped. Fifth time?! 

'What?!' 

'Yeah it's true, no matter how many the bodyguards around him. Such a cunning fox! Yet he still managed to sneak out. Were you the one who brought him here?' he asked.

'Yeah, I bumped into him. He studies at the place where I supposed to work now' Eric explained.

Eric, Andy and Minwoo have been friends since elementary school and they are like sworn brothers and inseparable. Even though Eric is from a rich background, he leads a normal life. For an example, he didn't go to private school. And about his background and family history, only Andy and Minwoo know about it.

'Oh, I've got to go now. Catch up with you and Minwoo soon okay' he said.

'Yeah sure!' Eric said and waved at his friend.

That night, Eric needed to go to a place that he hated most because he needs to take his belongings from there. He rode his motorbike and arrived in front of a big house compound. It is hidden inside a forest so that people won't find the house easily. He stopped at the guard house and the guard was shocked to see him there.

'Oh Mr. Frost... Welcome home' the guard stuttered and immediately opened the big gate.

'It's Mr. Mun and I wouldn't call this place home. But thank you' he said calmly and rode off.

Home? Huh, Eric hates to call this place home. It's more like hell than home. He parked his motorbike and went inside to his old room. He moved out from this place 5 years ago and bought a penthouse in the middle of the city. He grabbed his belongings and went out. Before he could walked to the door, someone called his name.

'Eric' he called gently and Eric turned around and saw his father walking toward him.

'I'm here to take these' he showed him the stuffs in his hand.

'Don't you want to stay for dinner?' Eric's dad asked.

'I don't and I won't' he said coldly.

'Woah there, you don't have to be harsh you know' a voice said, coming from upstairs.

Eric recognised the voice immediately. The voice he hates! He sent a death glare to the guy but he just chuckled.

'Don't stare at me like that bro. I'm your family, not a murderer' the guy smirked and Eric truly despised the smirk on his face.

'My family is dead!' he said coldly and went out. He could hear his father calling him but he ignored him.

He hated it when every time he goes to the house his heart will be in pain. Ache from anger that he himself couldn't control. But thinking about what happened to Hyesung just now made his heart more painful. He didn't know why but he wanted the pain to go away. 

'Hyesung, who are you?' Eric mumbled before going to bed.

'Eric, who are you?' Hyesung mumbled before going to bed.